IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

25 minutes ago, iacas said:

I'm perfectly calm. Heart rate is exactly the same as it always is, maybe even a bit less as I'm just typing and not walking around, playing golf, whatever.

Except you kinda are. You're implying a LOT of stuff.

Here's the thing: try to deal in facts. Not make vague comments about how "some people in the medical field…" as if that means anything.

I don't care what other people have said. I care about facts, and you're short on them.

NO SHIT? FOR REAL?

Dude, I already stipulated to this. We know. C'mon man. Keep up.

I don't agree they're valid. Just as I don't agree with your implied statements about how those who are vaccinated were just sheep that couldn't think critically on their own.

You don't seem to understand the difference between fact and opinion.

Not necessarily.

If you're allergic to polyethylene glycol, you probably shouldn't get the vaccine.

Most other people, though, I think are either selfish, stupid, or both if they don't get it. And… I get to think that, because it's my opinion, and it's based on a whole lotta understanding of the science behind vaccinations, a sense of duty and service and society, and a whole lot more.

I already have the right to do just that. I don't need your permission to do that. Hell, I have more of a right to do that here than you do.

There are none. This is something that anti-vaxxer types hide behind. There's no vaccine left in you after a week or two. We measure "long-term" effects of a vaccine in days or weeks, not months or years.

You don't know that it did.

Please stop quoting random idiots. That "quote" is entirely stupid.

And that sentence doesn't even f***ing make sense. They basically test for EVERY disease to make sure you have it, so they can make sure to apply the best treatments available at that time.

Freedom has never included the right to cause harm to others.

Or maybe, you're just really f***ing dumb.

Maybe they are.

the dude your opinion GIF

Nah.

You know how to stop people pressuring to get the vaccine? When virtually everyone gets the vaccine.

Are you aware of the news lately? You do realize that the situation we're in today is different than the situation even on July 10, right?

Ummmmm…

Post elsewhere on the site, man. This is a golf forum first and foremost.

And let's be clear about this: that's not a gentle request. That's a rule.

And it's the same for all: if anyone is ever ONLY posting here, as you are, then we make the same request of them, regardless of which "side" they're on.

About the headaches.  Yes I do know.  MHNI (my doctor) said so.  They also said they have quite a few patients that happened too.

ok.  I get it.  Post elsewhere.  I have before.  This is just today.  But I bet others who have posted just here today and happen to agree with the other side don’t get warned…

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, mattm16 said:

ok.  I get it.  Post elsewhere.  I have before.  This is just today.  But I bet others who have posted just here today and happen to agree with the other side don’t get warned…

You'd be wrong.

You've made 16 straight posts here. Before that you posted in Board Games, and before that, three times about the Cleveland Guardians.

Nobody else comes remotely close to those numbers. So again, you'd be wrong.

Seems to be a pattern with you. 😄

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

@mattm16 When you refer to ‘Medical people’ I believe you mentioned nurses being specific. I absolutely respect nurses and this isn’t any insult to them. But I must mention that nurses aren’t always the brightest when it comes to medical knowledge in this sense. They are very skilled and damn good at what they do. But their depth of knowledge is quite limited in matters such as this. I too know nurses who are against the vaccine. But I can tell you I’ve not met nor spoken to a single doctor who is.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
650x350_incremental_erectile_dysfunction

Coronavirus infection is already known to damage blood vessels, and vessels that supply blood to the penis appear to be no exception.
covidErectileDysf-532317225-770x533-1.jp

Research suggests negative effects on sexual health due to coronavirus

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

31 minutes ago, mattm16 said:

About the headaches.  Yes I do know.  MHNI (my doctor) said so.  They also said they have quite a few patients that happened too.

Feel free to PM me if you want. I’m curious about this. I’m a physician and we don’t usually make such connections from just ‘quite a few patients.’ I haven’t read anything regarding the vaccines affecting SBG injections. Don’t know if you do this…but again, I’m just curious.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Unvaccinated students that contract Covid-19 will cause a contact tracing nightmare!   The high school student that has six different classes, works a part time job at a fast food place and plays sports will potentially come in contact with many hundreds of people.      This is concerning.    

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• Administrator

There is a YouTube video that went viral about a doctor from Indiana speaking to a board of education about how masks don't work, the vaccine will not get rid of the virus, and other things. 

There is a good article just demolishing this doctor,

https://www.deplatformdisease.com/blog/addressing-dr-daniel-stock-claims

Also, from that blog post...

Screen Shot 2021-08-10 at 11.14.56 PM.png

Edited by saevel25

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

9 hours ago, mattm16 said:

if all of this is considered necessary to gain your compliance - you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest"

First, I had a friend that believed Covid was a joke and the vaccine a tool to control people.  He did regret that view shortly before he passed of Covid at age 51.

second, there are mandates for seatbelts, are you claiming that seatbelts do not save lives because to gain compliance they are mandated? 

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

On 8/10/2021 at 11:19 PM, saevel25 said:

masks

They seem to just be an appeasement to the ignorant unvaccinated. The vaccine appears to be very effective. Not perfect, but very effective. Masks don’t seem to be nearly as effective. I mean, people reuse the same mask, probably don’t wash it, they put in on in indoor situations when required, stuff back into their pocket after they’ve breathed into it and collected germs all over, put it back on, etc.

At this point, masking seems to just be lip service of commitment to a public health concern. Moreover, if people who are vaccinated won’t get covid, or if they do it won’t be as bad, then the masks are just feeble attempts at protecting the people who don’t want to be protected in the first place. Seems to be an unnecessary burden on the vaccinated. Instead, states should mandate vaccination. It can be done legally and probably logistically.  

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

At this point, masking seems to just be lip service of commitment to a public health concern.

No. Look at other countries who have worn masks. Look at what wearing masks did to curb flu spread. Etc.

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

No. Look at other countries who have worn masks. Look at what wearing masks did to curb flu spread. Etc.

I suppose you’re right, but I think masking isn’t as easily enforced. A small sample size and admittedly anecdotal at best, I was in Florida last week. Lot of masks being worn (and yet look at how Florida is doing overall). Lot of masks being pulled down or taken off pretty quickly once they get in the door of a place requiring masking. Hardly see n95’s any more. Usually it’s simple cloth masks worn below the nose, or as I said above, pulled down or taken off subsequent to entry. 

Conversely, requiring vaccination or proof of vaccination prior to entry into businesses, government buildings, etc. would remedy the enforcement problem, whilst providing the best protection for the person and society at large. Mind you, I say these things as one cautious of government flexing its muscles. 

41 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

I suppose you’re right, but I think masking isn’t as easily enforced.

Many countries that had facial covering traditions pre-Covid (e.g., Korea, Taiwan) didn't need a mandate or enforcement.  It was just simple courtesy for others that caused anyone who thought they might be sick to wear one.  

Note that this is not a statement, one way or the other, about mandates or enforcement here. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

57 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

I suppose you’re right, but I think masking isn’t as easily enforced. A small sample size and admittedly anecdotal at best, I was in Florida last week. Lot of masks being worn (and yet look at how Florida is doing overall). Lot of masks being pulled down or taken off pretty quickly once they get in the door of a place requiring masking. Hardly see n95’s any more. Usually it’s simple cloth masks worn below the nose, or as I said above, pulled down or taken off subsequent to entry. 

Conversely, requiring vaccination or proof of vaccination prior to entry into businesses, government buildings, etc. would remedy the enforcement problem, whilst providing the best protection for the person and society at large. Mind you, I say these things as one cautious of government flexing its muscles. 

Curious, did you wear a mask?

Worth doing research on what masks work better than others.   Effective masking is a very powerful tool.  A cheap cloth one that you don't be prudent with and don't wash isn't a huge help, although it does reduce transmission.   A lot more effective if all parties are wearing one.

—Adam

• Administrator
1 hour ago, ncates00 said:

Conversely, requiring vaccination or proof of vaccination prior to entry into businesses, government buildings, etc.

Whole other can of worms.

41 minutes ago, iacas said:

Whole other can of worms.

Very true. 

1 hour ago, Shindig said:

Many countries that had facial covering traditions pre-Covid (e.g., Korea, Taiwan) didn't need a mandate or enforcement.  It was just simple courtesy for others that caused anyone who thought they might be sick to wear one.  

Note that this is not a statement, one way or the other, about mandates or enforcement here. 

Also very true.