IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

636370025649580938-Arnold006.JPG?width=1

The man doesn’t hold back… 

“There is a virus here. It kills people and the only way we prevent it is: get vaccinated, wear masks, do social distancing, washing your hands all the time, and not just to think about, ‘Well my freedom is being kind of disturbed here.’ No, screw your freedom," Schwarzenegger said.

“You have the freedom to wear no mask — but you know something? You’re a schmuck for not wearing a mask. Because you are supposed to protect your fellow Americans around you.”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 8/10/2021 at 9:37 PM, StuM said:

First, I had a friend that believed Covid was a joke and the vaccine a tool to control people.  He did regret that view shortly before he passed of Covid at age 51.

second, there are mandates for seatbelts, are you claiming that seatbelts do not save lives because to gain compliance they are mandated? 

Very sorry to hear this about your friend, my next door neighbor almost wound up with the same story he fortunately was given the same cocktail of drugs that Trump was given and pulled through otherwise they were going to have to put him on a ventilator next. By the way his wife that was vaccinated didn't contract the virus at all.

biorxiv_logo_homepage7-5-small.png

bioRxiv - the preprint server for biology, operated by Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, a research and educational institution

Well.  Shoot.

So far, they aren't overly concerned.   Vaccines do a pretty good job, according to this:  

Hope that holds up, or the story doesn't develop beyond that.

Edited by imsys0042

1 hour ago, Yukari said:
biorxiv_logo_homepage7-5-small.png

bioRxiv - the preprint server for biology, operated by Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, a research and educational institution

Well.  Shoot.

I say we all just report to the local cemetery.  And bring our golf clubs.

Just found out that 99% of our firm is vaccinated. Not sure about the support staff, because I don’t have those numbers, but I’m certainly encouraged. 

8 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

Just found out that 99% of our firm is vaccinated. 

Ah, but who is that 1%?  The CEO? 

I frequent a restaurant/lounge where almost all the employees are vaccinated.  But the owner isn't.  The guy is a bad example but stuck in his ways.  Whenever K. comes in and plops down at the bar to chat... I move 3 stools down.  I don't think he's figured it out yet.

21 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Ah, but who is that 1%?  The CEO? 

Haha. I don’t know. HR doesn’t reveal names, only numbers. 

21 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I frequent a restaurant/lounge where almost all the employees are vaccinated.  But the owner isn't.  The guy is a bad example but stuck in his ways.  Whenever K. comes in and plops down at the bar to chat... I move 3 stools down.  I don't think he's figured it out yet.

That’s unfortunate. He definitely hasn’t figured it out, or maybe he has but doesn’t care. 

38 minutes ago, No Mulligans said:

CVS is already on board to give booster shots to the immune-compromised.  I'm getting one, scheduled for tomorrow morning.

I understand it's on the honor system... you just say you need the shot and you get it.  True?  Or do you have to take in a doctor's note?

32 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I understand it's on the honor system... you just say you need the shot and you get it.  True?  Or do you have to take in a doctor's note?

Just click a button to say you are immune-compromised. However, in my case CVS could just look up my prescriptions and see the immune suppression meds that they sale me. 

I don't think this is necessary for those that are not immune-compromised. This is not about extending the life of the vaccine, rather it's about upping the antibodies on those that didn't get the full effect of the initial shots. 

Edited by No Mulligans

Well, this one's an outlier.  A golfing friend of mine who got vaccinated months ago just tested positive for Covid-19 yesterday.  This might be a bit different. After both shots he celebrated by drinking heavily immediately afterwards. That's always worried me because too much alcohol negates the vaccine.  He just texted to say he lost his smell and taste this morning, and is quite congested.

• Administrator

The point of the vaccine isn’t to prevent you from getting it at all, though the odds of even that are greatly reduced. The point is to reduce or eliminate the odds of severe illness, hospitalization, or death.

28 minutes ago, iacas said:

The point of the vaccine isn’t to prevent you from getting it at all, though the odds of even that are greatly reduced. The point is to reduce or eliminate the odds of severe illness, hospitalization, or death.

Yes…as well as preventing variants. 

39 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Well, this one's an outlier.  A golfing friend of mine who got vaccinated months ago just tested positive for Covid-19 yesterday.  This might be a bit different. After both shots he celebrated by drinking heavily immediately afterwards. That's always worried me because too much alcohol negates the vaccine.  He just texted to say he lost his smell and taste this morning, and is quite congested.

My wife asked the person who gave her, her first dose, whether she could drink because the following day was her birthday.  The person said alcohol would not affect anything.   This was late March.  Has new info come out, or perhaps that person was wrong?

27 minutes ago, imsys0042 said:

My wife asked the person who gave her, her first dose, whether she could drink because the following day was her birthday.  The person said alcohol would not affect anything.   This was late March.  Has new info come out, or perhaps that person was wrong?

Dang, and here I was staying sober after getting vaccinated for nothing. ;-)  

I thought avoiding alcohol when having anything medicinal, whether it's an aspirin or a vaccine, was standard practice.