IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

636370025649580938-Arnold006.JPG?width=1

The man doesn’t hold back… 

“There is a virus here. It kills people and the only way we prevent it is: get vaccinated, wear masks, do social distancing, washing your hands all the time, and not just to think about, ‘Well my freedom is being kind of disturbed here.’ No, screw your freedom," Schwarzenegger said.

“You have the freedom to wear no mask — but you know something? You’re a schmuck for not wearing a mask. Because you are supposed to protect your fellow Americans around you.”

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 8/10/2021 at 9:37 PM, StuM said:

First, I had a friend that believed Covid was a joke and the vaccine a tool to control people.  He did regret that view shortly before he passed of Covid at age 51.

second, there are mandates for seatbelts, are you claiming that seatbelts do not save lives because to gain compliance they are mandated? 

Very sorry to hear this about your friend, my next door neighbor almost wound up with the same story he fortunately was given the same cocktail of drugs that Trump was given and pulled through otherwise they were going to have to put him on a ventilator next. By the way his wife that was vaccinated didn't contract the virus at all.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

AP21162676370117-1024x576.jpg

The decision comes amid growing evidence that people with certain conditions do not get adequate...

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

biorxiv_logo_homepage7-5-small.png

bioRxiv - the preprint server for biology, operated by Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, a research and educational institution

Well.  Shoot.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

So far, they aren't overly concerned.   Vaccines do a pretty good job, according to this:  

Hope that holds up, or the story doesn't develop beyond that.

Edited by imsys0042

—Adam

• Administrator

Different parts of the world have different vaccines too.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, Yukari said:
biorxiv_logo_homepage7-5-small.png

bioRxiv - the preprint server for biology, operated by Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, a research and educational institution

Well.  Shoot.

I say we all just report to the local cemetery.  And bring our golf clubs.

Just found out that 99% of our firm is vaccinated. Not sure about the support staff, because I don’t have those numbers, but I’m certainly encouraged. 

8 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

Just found out that 99% of our firm is vaccinated. 

Ah, but who is that 1%?  The CEO? 

I frequent a restaurant/lounge where almost all the employees are vaccinated.  But the owner isn't.  The guy is a bad example but stuck in his ways.  Whenever K. comes in and plops down at the bar to chat... I move 3 stools down.  I don't think he's figured it out yet.

21 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Ah, but who is that 1%?  The CEO? 

Haha. I don’t know. HR doesn’t reveal names, only numbers. 

21 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I frequent a restaurant/lounge where almost all the employees are vaccinated.  But the owner isn't.  The guy is a bad example but stuck in his ways.  Whenever K. comes in and plops down at the bar to chat... I move 3 stools down.  I don't think he's figured it out yet.

That’s unfortunate. He definitely hasn’t figured it out, or maybe he has but doesn’t care. 

38 minutes ago, No Mulligans said:

CVS is already on board to give booster shots to the immune-compromised.  I'm getting one, scheduled for tomorrow morning.

I understand it's on the honor system... you just say you need the shot and you get it.  True?  Or do you have to take in a doctor's note?

32 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I understand it's on the honor system... you just say you need the shot and you get it.  True?  Or do you have to take in a doctor's note?

Just click a button to say you are immune-compromised. However, in my case CVS could just look up my prescriptions and see the immune suppression meds that they sale me. 

I don't think this is necessary for those that are not immune-compromised. This is not about extending the life of the vaccine, rather it's about upping the antibodies on those that didn't get the full effect of the initial shots. 

Edited by No Mulligans

Well, this one's an outlier.  A golfing friend of mine who got vaccinated months ago just tested positive for Covid-19 yesterday.  This might be a bit different. After both shots he celebrated by drinking heavily immediately afterwards. That's always worried me because too much alcohol negates the vaccine.  He just texted to say he lost his smell and taste this morning, and is quite congested.

• Administrator

The point of the vaccine isn’t to prevent you from getting it at all, though the odds of even that are greatly reduced. The point is to reduce or eliminate the odds of severe illness, hospitalization, or death.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

28 minutes ago, iacas said:

The point of the vaccine isn’t to prevent you from getting it at all, though the odds of even that are greatly reduced. The point is to reduce or eliminate the odds of severe illness, hospitalization, or death.

Yes…as well as preventing variants. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

39 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Well, this one's an outlier.  A golfing friend of mine who got vaccinated months ago just tested positive for Covid-19 yesterday.  This might be a bit different. After both shots he celebrated by drinking heavily immediately afterwards. That's always worried me because too much alcohol negates the vaccine.  He just texted to say he lost his smell and taste this morning, and is quite congested.

My wife asked the person who gave her, her first dose, whether she could drink because the following day was her birthday.  The person said alcohol would not affect anything.   This was late March.  Has new info come out, or perhaps that person was wrong?

—Adam

27 minutes ago, imsys0042 said:

My wife asked the person who gave her, her first dose, whether she could drink because the following day was her birthday.  The person said alcohol would not affect anything.   This was late March.  Has new info come out, or perhaps that person was wrong?

Dang, and here I was staying sober after getting vaccinated for nothing. ;-)  

I thought avoiding alcohol when having anything medicinal, whether it's an aspirin or a vaccine, was standard practice.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter.