IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

7 hours ago, flopster said:

It's just so frustrating that people are willfully ignoring the information on this virus and in doing so puts other lives at risk, your neighbor actually showed restraint in my opinion I don't know how I would react if my daughter was too young for the vaccine and parents were sending kids to school who have been exposed to covid. I hope for everyones sake they don't cause an outbreak that may take a young life.

They will.   Thankfully kids have much lower rates of serious illness, but it’s already happened.

47 minutes ago, StuM said:

Forgive my ignorance for asking. Why are people taking this de-wormer? Is it because the do not trust the vaccine?  OK, you do not trust the vaccine that has helped millions with minimal side effects but you will take this? I guess I am over-estimating the intelligence of many people.

and sending known infected anywhere, not just to schools, is idiotic, careless and should be criminal.  

Yes.  It ranges from anti government to they are anti-Vax, and some of them are just spewing political talking points.   Some of them are the all natural crowd who think you can exercise and supplement anything away.   Throw in a few “God will save me from this” and you have a toxic mix of disinformation.  There are also a number of the microchip and population control crowd.  

there is a public Facebook group I’ve been taking screen shots from and posting on my timeline there to my friends.  Crazy stuff.   Sad thing is, the group added 800 people overnight.

there’s someone who posted, if real, that her son took away her dewormer and is trying to get her to a real doctor.   She is pleading with the group for help to try and convince her son to let her take this crap.  The box literally is labeled “for oral use in horses only”.

Edited by imsys0042
800 instead of 8000

—Adam

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, StuM said:

Forgive my ignorance for asking. Why are people taking this de-wormer? Is it because the do not trust the vaccine?  OK, you do not trust the vaccine that has helped millions with minimal side effects but you will take this? I guess I am over-estimating the intelligence of many people.

1. Supposedly Ivermectin, which when given to animals acts as a dewormer, has shown in very small studies to help cure COVID. It is ironic, the FDA has not approved Ivermectin for the treatment of COVID. 

Why You Should Not Use Ivermectin to Treat or Prevent COVID-19 | FDA

2. People live in echo chambers on the internet where someone they trust as a leader spouts nonsense about Ivermectin being a cure for COVID.
3. Someone posts online or someone tells them that Ivermectin is sold at animal feed stores, so they decide to go start taking it. 
4. These people don't have the mental capacity to take the next step and think, "Should I be taking something designed for animal use only". 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Also muddying the de-worming picture is that people take it, get sick and then come through since most people recover within two weeks and tout that they haven't died so they are good.   It works!  

Some sick idiot did some converting for the animal doses to supposed human doses (it is prescribed for some things, like the last wonder drug touted, last year).   However anyone who takes over the counter livestock work medication from Tractor Supply, and won't take a vaccine approved by the FDA should not be considered as someone with good critical thinking skills.

I'm just waiting for the anti-vaxxers two doors down from me to start touting it.  It'll be grand.

—Adam

3 minutes ago, imsys0042 said:

However anyone who takes over the counter livestock work medication from Tractor Supply, and won't take a vaccine approved by the FDA should not be considered as someone with good critical thinking skills.

Understatement of the century.  (Bolded emphasize added by me)

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

12 minutes ago, imsys0042 said:

should not be considered as someone with good critical thinking skills.

Their idiotic rebuttal: At least I think for myself. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

12 minutes ago, imsys0042 said:

However anyone who takes over the counter livestock work medication from Tractor Supply, and won't take a vaccine approved by the FDA should not be considered as someone with good critical thinking skills.

At this time, since everyone that has wanted the vaccine has had the opportunity to get it,  let natural selection take its course.   However, that is at the immune compromised and children's expense.    Maybe not such a good idea.  

I was playing WGT last night with two guys from New Zealand and they are saying that the vaccine is mandatory and they have went back into lock down.   If you leave your house w/o a valid reason you will be arrested.   I don't want that here but could see it happening with all of the anti-vaxers and the animal toxin people.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

There was an un-mask school kids rally/protest near my house yesterday. It took place during a school board meeting. I was walking by with my kid to a park and saw it. I ended up just walking through, laughing, without saying anything. Can’t do it when a sign says “masking kids is unhealthy and child abuse.” I don’t even know where to begin. 

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

5 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

We can just look at @mattm16 and @David in FL for that.

Almost everyone dying of COVID and most people hospitalized for COVID are unvaxxed.--The vaccine works-Just like we knew it did.

Funny—the people who say 'think for yourself'—are also the ones who just buy into whatever Facebook or certain other people tell them.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

42 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Put it in the past tense and it’ll be perfect on a tombstone

—Adam

5 hours ago, StuM said:

and sending known infected anywhere, not just to schools, is idiotic, careless and should be criminal.  

Because they’ve been preached to not to trust the Government. But instead, they trust some internet idiots. So sad how dumb people have become.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

22 hours ago, boogielicious said:

So let me get this straight. These f-ing idiots won’t take a vaccine approved by the best medical and pharmaceutical experts in the world, but instead will take a drug meant to de-worm horses cuz some dipshit on-line guy said too?

The part that confuses me is the Anti-Vaxes keep saying those of use getting the vaccine are "Sheep" since we just follow what the CDC recommends.....Yet they are the ones taking medicine intended for livestock.  Maybe they are the "Sheep", or at least "The Horses Arse".  

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Just now, StuM said:

The part that confuses me is the Anti-Vaxes keep saying those of use getting the vaccine are "Sheep" since we just follow what the CDC recommends.....Yet they are the ones taking medicine intended for livestock.  Maybe they are the "Sheep", or at least "The Horses Arse".  

Absolutely they are the horses arse.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

2 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Absolutely they are the horses arse.

But a De-wormed horses arse!

here’s an example from the Facebook group that my wife and I have been laughing about

B3D4EF83-0739-4BCB-BF94-C831D5EC4D79.jpeg

0C9A422D-5EE0-4B39-ACB9-E283963971F1.jpeg

D3717042-BE4A-4604-A4AE-B97ADE53B6F6.jpeg

—Adam

6 hours ago, Phil McGleno said:

We can just look at @mattm16 and @David in FL for that.

Way to prod there 😛 

6 hours ago, Phil McGleno said:

Almost everyone dying of COVID and most people hospitalized for COVID are unvaxxed.--The vaccine works-Just like we knew it did.

The Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS) has launched a new data webpage, COVID-19 Illness After Vaccination, which includes a visualization showing the rate of COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations, and...

Male_Covid_Vaccine_Tent_Military_732x549

Despite COVID-19 breakthrough infections and data on reduced effectiveness, vaccines are providing durable protection against hospitalization and deaths.

Yep, data still shows that vaccination is doing it's job well. 

For those who live in Southwest Florida, Lee Health posted this..

Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 6.29.27 PM.png

So, for hospitalizations its 7x more unvaccinated than vaccinated. For ICU it's 27x more for unvaccinated versus vaccinated. For deaths, its 16x more for unvaccinated than vaccinated. 

Also, its getting bad for ICU beds. 

Florida has been among the hardest hit states from the latest summer wave. According to ABC News, it’s one of five states where ICUs are more than 90% full. The others are Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, and Texas.

This means that someone who gets into a car wreck, or other sort of emergency that needs an ICU bed, they might be shit out of luck by someone who decided not to get vaccinated. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

52 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

This means that someone who gets into a car wreck, or other sort of emergency that needs an ICU bed, they might be shit out of luck by someone who decided not to get vaccinated. 

I certainly understand the frustration. But this type of problem exists in medicine and has for a long time. The drunk driver who kills an innocent motorist in an MVA gets rushed to the trauma ward since he survived. The cocaine overdose is in the ICU too. I’m not sure this too different. Poor choices yet still receives treatment is nothing new.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

It used to be taught (preached, sort of, in my medical training) that you didn't blame people for their illnesses. Even if they caused it. by smoking, etc., they deserved no less compassion, no less effort, etc.  The same consideration should be given to people who don't vaccinate. 

I just wish we didn't have this ridiculous, irrational polarization over the subject. I can understand some people not wanting to vaccinate. Some always will. I'm not sure what the percentage is for something like influenza vaccine, but I'm guessing it's less than 50% of eligible people choose to vaccinate themselves. But for COVID? I would think 70-80% of people would be lining up to vaccinate themselves. But it's less, often significantly so, in some regions. And the resistance to the vaccine as an intrusion on civil rights? Almost all of us have grown up in a society where vaccines were required to attend school, were recommended by doctors for international travel, were required for military service, etc. How is it any different that an employer or university might ask for it now? 

Linking vaccinations, or masks, or restrictions on certain types of activity, etc. to political ideology or specific politicians only makes it less likely that we will get compliance, because people tend to huddle with their tribe. I don't know.....the whole thing has been handled unprofessionally, I guess, and we are all paying a price for it. 

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

23 minutes ago, Big Lex said:

It used to be taught (preached, sort of, in my medical training) that you didn't blame people for their illnesses. Even if they caused it. by smoking, etc., they deserved no less compassion, no less effort, etc.  The same consideration should be given to people who don't vaccinate. 

I just wish we didn't have this ridiculous, irrational polarization over the subject. I can understand some people not wanting to vaccinate. Some always will. I'm not sure what the percentage is for something like influenza vaccine, but I'm guessing it's less than 50% of eligible people choose to vaccinate themselves. But for COVID? I would think 70-80% of people would be lining up to vaccinate themselves. But it's less, often significantly so, in some regions. And the resistance to the vaccine as an intrusion on civil rights? Almost all of us have grown up in a society where vaccines were required to attend school, were recommended by doctors for international travel, were required for military service, etc. How is it any different that an employer or university might ask for it now? 

Linking vaccinations, or masks, or restrictions on certain types of activity, etc. to political ideology or specific politicians only makes it less likely that we will get compliance, because people tend to huddle with their tribe. I don't know.....the whole thing has been handled unprofessionally, I guess, and we are all paying a price for it. 

Agree on effort, disagree on compassion for willfully not vaccinating.

Companies are starting to link getting vaccinated to employment.   Military/Federal work force as well.  It needs to happen.   Getting a vaccine is not optional if we want to end the pandemic.  It's a vocal minority that refuses to get the jab.   This whole hoopla with masks defies polling that say a majority are ok with masks to stop the spread.   Ironic that the people who called people getting vaxxed and wearing masks call them sheep.  They listen to some blowhards and don't check other sources and swallow what they are selling.

—Adam