IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

17 hours ago, StuM said:

No, I do not believe that.  At this time the number of cases is high in some areas, including Michigan where I live, and some hospitals are experiencing capacity issues. If we can get vaccination rates up and reduce the burden on hospitals then I feel masks can be put away.

Gotcha.  My mistake.  It's definitely complicated to put a number on active cases etc. for when it's ok to put the masks away/ stop social distancing requirements etc..

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Wanzo said:

Gotcha.  My mistake.  It's definitely complicated to put a number on active cases etc. for when it's ok to put the masks away/ stop social distancing requirements etc..

Agreed.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Gotta love the new vaccination requirements announced today.  My friend, with his ivermectin and his supposed immunity because he thinks he had Covid last year is now in a bind.  He owns a seafood processing plant here in Bellingham and with over 100 employees he'll have to require vaccinations for them... even though he remains unvaccinated.

Not to mention the restaurant and bar he owns... I've already told him I won't be going there if most places in town require proof of vaccination and his place doesn't.  His place of business will become a Covid repository for the unvaccinated.

On 9/7/2021 at 6:55 PM, Double Mocha Man said:

Go Tigers!  (Was a Mizzou fan since I grew up in St. Louis)

👍 

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

13 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Gotta love the new vaccination requirements announced today.  My friend, with his ivermectin and his supposed immunity because he thinks he had Covid last year is now in a bind.  He owns a seafood processing plant here in Bellingham and with over 100 employees he'll have to require vaccinations for them... even though he remains unvaccinated.

Not to mention the restaurant and bar he owns... I've already told him I won't be going there if most places in town require proof of vaccination and his place doesn't.  His place of business will become a Covid repository for the unvaccinated.

Fish Sticks with a side of ..... DEATH!

—Adam

5ddb6158-3d19-4e2b-ba5a-b8d04c4943a6-ray

Ray Martin DeMonia died on Sept. 1 in Meridian, Mississippi. His family struggled to find care, saying 43 hospitals had no ICU bed for him.

Well, we I hope everyone stays safe with other things not related COVID that could put them in a hospital. This poor man died because 43 hospitals had no ICU beds. 

I know some people who would say, "Well he should have taken better care of himself." That isn't the point. People were not complaining about cardiac arrests before COVID because we had enough ICU beds. We all know that we need to eat better, exercise more, to limit the chance of cardiac arrest. We take for granted that there would always be a paramedic available, and an ICU bed ready, and a doctor who would come to give us treatment. That is the expected outcome in the United States. That is the norm we want to get back to. The people who refuse to get vaccinated are adversely effecting the normal day to day operation of the hospitals. We did not design our hospital system for a pandemic. Which is our folly. In the end, these selfish people caused this man to not get prompt treatment he would have gotten otherwise. It is sad. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

8 hours ago, saevel25 said:
5ddb6158-3d19-4e2b-ba5a-b8d04c4943a6-ray

Ray Martin DeMonia died on Sept. 1 in Meridian, Mississippi. His family struggled to find care, saying 43 hospitals had no ICU bed for him.

Well, we I hope everyone stays safe with other things not related COVID that could put them in a hospital. This poor man died because 43 hospitals had no ICU beds. 

I know some people who would say, "Well he should have taken better care of himself." That isn't the point. People were not complaining about cardiac arrests before COVID because we had enough ICU beds. We all know that we need to eat better, exercise more, to limit the chance of cardiac arrest. We take for granted that there would always be a paramedic available, and an ICU bed ready, and a doctor who would come to give us treatment. That is the expected outcome in the United States. That is the norm we want to get back to. The people who refuse to get vaccinated are adversely effecting the normal day to day operation of the hospitals. We did not design our hospital system for a pandemic. Which is our folly. In the end, these selfish people caused this man to not get prompt treatment he would have gotten otherwise. It is sad. 

The really frustrating and sad part is the people who are refusing to get vaccinated don't care that these outcomes are directly related to their refusal to get vaccinated. I know it will never happen but hospitals should start turning away non vaccinated covid patients these people are making a conscious choice to not get vaccinated.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Screen Shot 2021-09-11 at 7.40.14 AM.png

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Remember that Sars took over for the flu and so willCovid 19.  Get the vaccine, they are safe. Polio has a vaccine. Not too many cases of polio anymore are there. The message being used is very poor. The US government or any government really has never been good at delivering a message. Consult with your primary care and make the decision. I see no down side of getting the vaccine.  I believe in your own choice. Sorry pre golf ramblings on an already bloated thread topic. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

On 9/12/2021 at 7:28 AM, jmanbooyaa said:

The US government or any government really has never been good at delivering a message.

Not true. Many vaccines, including Polio, Small Pox, Measles, Mumps, etc. were required by schools. They were also immensely successful.

I believe in your own choice.

I don't in this instance. Someone who doesn't vaccinate is not just choosing his/her fate, they are choosing the fate of those around them. We live in a society and therefore have responsibilities to those around us. We sometimes need to limit choice in order to protect the society at large. This is very common in all societies, including ours. You can't drive drunk, even if you want to.

Edited by chspeed

I believe in your own choice.

Ugh, I hate this statement. More so for personal philosophical opinions on choice, but that is off-topic. 

Primarily, we don't live in these little bubbles were our actions only effect ourselves. A man from Alabama died from a heart attack because the first 43 hospitals they tried to take him too were out of ICU beds. He had to go to a hospital 200 miles away. Personal choice is a great concept, but it fails to survive the reality test. To me, this usage of the concept, "Well it's my choice", is just people wanting to be selfish. 

27 minutes ago, chspeed said:

I don't in this instance. Someone who doesn't vaccinate is not just choosing his/her fate, they are choosing the fate of those around them. We live in a society and therefore have responsibilities to those around us. We sometimes need to limit choice in order to protect the society at large. This is very common in all societies, including ours. You can't drive drunk, even if you want to.

Yes, this. 

Society is always in flux. Even different generations have different levels of conservative nature for different things. This also is in flux pending on what culture you come from, and also if we are living in easier times are harsher times. It is natural to assume that society should enact social pressure when things like a pandemic occur. Especially when the minority puts society at risk, or more lives at risk than should be otherwise. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator
poster-cdc-vaccine-chart.jpg

Fully vaccinated individuals have a much greater chance of not being impacted by COVID-19, whether that impact is via infection, hospitalization, or death.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

What do you all make of Patrick Reed's statements regarding his hospitalization with pneumonia.

He said he didn't know if he had Covid and wasn't tested until leaving the hospital.  (Seems nearly impossible to me).

He said he had been vaccinated.  (Seems pretty unlikely to me).

Later some sources said he did have Covid, but NBC made no mention of it during the Tour Championship, they only mentioned the pneumonia.

Seems to me he missed an opportunity to be a good guy and use himself as an example, a 31 year old that was hospitalized with Covid.  It also seems NBC missed an opportunity to report it.

It's all very strange.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, No Mulligans said:

He said he didn't know if he had Covid and wasn't tested until leaving the hospital.  (Seems nearly impossible to me).

He, like all people admitted to the hospital, was tested for COVID when he was admitted.

8 minutes ago, No Mulligans said:

He said he had been vaccinated.  (Seems pretty unlikely to me).

He was vaccinated after he'd been infected or possibly even after he started to show symptoms. But before he was admitted to the hospital.

9 minutes ago, No Mulligans said:

Later some sources said he did have Covid, but NBC made no mention of it during the Tour Championship, they only mentioned the pneumonia.

He had COVID.

9 minutes ago, No Mulligans said:

Seems to me he missed an opportunity to be a good guy and use himself as an example, a 31 year old that was hospitalized with Covid.  It also seems NBC missed an opportunity to report it.

They can't report it. Well, they can't get someone to tell them that. If they were told it by someone violating HIPAA, they could report it.