IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

26 minutes ago, No Mulligans said:

Seems to me he missed an opportunity to be a good guy and use himself as an example, a 31 year old that was hospitalized with Covid.  It also seems NBC missed an opportunity to report it.

It's all very strange.

People like Reed don't want an opportunity to be  a good guy. They want an opportunity to tell everyone they believe in "freedom of choice". One has to assume that many of the types who are supportive of Reed are the same ones who are anti mask and and anti vaccination. He doesn't want to alienate them by making a common sense statement about how horrific Covid was and that people need to get vaccinated.  Even the fact that he pretended he didn't know he had it emphasises what a piece of shit he is.

Edited by Shorty

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Shorty said:

They want an opportunity to tell everyone they believe in "freedom of choice".

Reed got the vaccine. Yes, it was later than he could/maybe "should" have, but you're making a pretty big assumption about a guy you've never met here.

Don't.

The rest of your post, full of assumptions. You know what they say…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 hours ago, iacas said:

I’m one of the 13,402! I feel special

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

7 hours ago, iacas said:

He, like all people admitted to the hospital, was tested for COVID when he was admitted.

He was vaccinated after he'd been infected or possibly even after he started to show symptoms. But before he was admitted to the hospital.

He had COVID.

They can't report it. Well, they can't get someone to tell them that. If they were told it by someone violating HIPAA, they could report it.

So he caught it shortly after being vaccinated? As far as I know you have to wait 3 months to get vaccinated if you just recovered from it.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

• Administrator
2 hours ago, flopster said:

So he caught it shortly after being vaccinated? As far as I know you have to wait 3 months to get vaccinated if you just recovered from it.

He got it before he was tested and confirmed positive.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 hours ago, flopster said:

You do not have to wait any amount of time to get vaccinated after recovering from COVID. Initially they recommended people wait just to ease any potential vaccine shortage. There is clearly no shortage now and there is no need to wait.  I was vaccinated a week after I returned to work from COVID, back in December 2020. I work at a hospital and did not have to scramble to find a shot like some did back when they were first available.

War Eagle!

• Administrator

One in 500 Americans has died of COVID-19.

200923141837-01-flag-memorial-coronaviru

The United States has reached another grim milestone in its fight against the devastating Covid-19 pandemic: 1 in 500 Americans have died from coronavirus since the nation's first reported infection.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

One in 500 Americans has died of COVID-19.

200923141837-01-flag-memorial-coronaviru

The United States has reached another grim milestone in its fight against the devastating Covid-19 pandemic: 1 in 500 Americans have died from coronavirus since the nation's first reported infection.

At least 200K didn't have to die.   

—Adam

21 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

More Americans died from Covid-19 in the last 19 months than died in the combined wars of WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan.  Or maybe that was just the flu...

Add all the other wars as well. Total combat deaths combined is ~660,000. But somehow that doesn’t count to the anti-vaxxers.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

8 hours ago, The Flush said:

You do not have to wait any amount of time to get vaccinated after recovering from COVID. Initially they recommended people wait just to ease any potential vaccine shortage. There is clearly no shortage now and there is no need to wait.  I was vaccinated a week after I returned to work from COVID, back in December 2020. I work at a hospital and did not have to scramble to find a shot like some did back when they were first available.

Really? Well my neighbor had it last june and thats what they told him but it also could be because he took some cocktail of medication that Trump took and it helped clear it up pretty quickly.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

• Administrator
55 minutes ago, flopster said:

Really? Well my neighbor had it last june and thats what they told him but it also could be because he took some cocktail of medication that Trump took and it helped clear it up pretty quickly.

There were no vaccines last June.

On 9/12/2021 at 6:28 AM, jmanbooyaa said:

The US government or any government really has never been good at delivering a message.

They have done a poor job explaining natural immunity.  

2a1a46cd61723ae817ef811e16e9b167

Dr. Anthony Fauci said he did not have a "firm answer" when asked if natural immunity offered better protection...

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Wanzo said:

They have done a poor job explaining natural immunity.

It’s not as well understood, and many will say they have it as a way of justifying not getting a vaccination, often without proof they had COVID.

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

It’s not as well understood, and many will say they have it as a way of justifying not getting a vaccination, often without proof they had COVID.

+1   They really don't know how long it lasts, but it's not terribly long from what I understand.  The problem is, and I know idiots like this, is that they think they are covered for life.  A consensus from what I have read is 3-4 months, but also a consensus is that even though you have had covid, you are better protected by getting the vaccine after getting it.

Edited by imsys0042

—Adam

18 minutes ago, imsys0042 said:

...but also a consensus is that even though you have had covid, you are better protected by getting the vaccine after getting it.

That is when you are considered "Super-Human".  When you have natural immunity AND have the vaccine.  I have one friend in that category.

On 8/29/2021 at 9:56 AM, StuM said:

In Michigan our schools  are preparing to open and there is s lot of arguments on masks here as well.  Our numbers are up, @ 2,000 per day, but I suspect we will see more.  Very few in my area are wearing mask in stores, etc.  I believe 50% is the current vaccination rate here so there is a lot of people at risk. Only question I have is when/if the number of daily cases go parabolic. My guess is they will.

On 8/29/2021 at 11:00 AM, Vinsk said:

Two weeks into school a local K-8 had to close for a week due to too many positive students.

A good read:

https://twitter.com/rishirajgoel/status/1430148915064676352?s=20

Quotes above are from Aug. 29th.  I just looked and for the past two days Michigan had 3200 cases.  This is not moving in the correct direction.  and short article below about ERs st capacity due to lack of staffing. A perfect storm 

614264e51036250001ae9ee3_1280x720_FES_v1

Beaumont Health issued a statement on Wednesday saying its 10 emergency...

Edited by StuM
Added link to article

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Two doors down from me, and I know this is a surprise since they have passed out anti-vax stuff before, the whole family got Covid.  The wife wasn’t doing great so she went to her holistic doctor and got prescribed the following:

Zinc, vitamin C, Vitamin D and several others.  Plus the human version of Ivermectin.  She said the ivermectin gave her really bad diarrhea (good!).  And now they happy because they have natural immunity.   What strikes me the most is how arrogant they were, acting like they knew better than everyone else.  The wife even went on about how she had to go to a special pharmacy because most places won’t give it to you.  
🤦‍♂️ 🤡 🤪

—Adam