IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

Well, got the notification a little while ago.   My 10 year old twin girls had a close contact at school and have to quarantine, probably for 7 days.   On the way back from picking them up, my wife ran them through a drive thru covid testing center.   Two of the five sets of tables in their class are empty now.

—Adam

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, imsys0042 said:

Well, got the notification a little while ago.   My 10 year old twin girls had a close contact at school and have to quarantine, probably for 7 days.   On the way back from picking them up, my wife ran them through a drive thru covid testing center.   Two of the five sets of tables in their class are empty now.

Bonus info from my wife.   One of the other kids who had to leave to quarantine was ahead of her in the car line.  The mother of the kids got out of her car, in front of my wife, and started asking my kids “who was it?  Who had Covid?”  Interspersed with “my god, this is ridiculous!”   

don’t know if they are anti-vaxxers, but the whole family is maskless.  Kid doesn’t wear a mask at school for sure.   One of my girls called her “a major Karen”

extra special bonus points, today was lockdown drill for school shooters at their school.  So it’s really going to be heavy drinking tonite.

Edited by imsys0042

—Adam

3 minutes ago, imsys0042 said:

Bonus info from my wife.   One of the other kids who had to leave to quarantine was ahead of her in the car line.  The mother of the kids got out of her car, in front of my wife, and started asking my kids “who was it?  Who had Covid?”  Interspersed with “my god, this is ridiculous!”   

don’t know if they are anti-vaxxers, but the whole family is maskless.  Kid doesn’t wear a mask at school for sure.   One of my girls called her “a major Karen”

extra special bonus points, today was lockdown drill for school shooters at their school.  So it’s really going to be heavy drinking tonite.

That is one shitty day for sure. Buy the kids whatever takeout they want tonight!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

5 minutes ago, imsys0042 said:

Let us know if your kids tested negative (hoping) and enjoy that Manhatten tonight.

4 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

That is one shitty day for sure. Buy the kids whatever takeout they want tonight!

We do pizza night on fridays and generally fight with them over where to order from.   Kids got their choice tonight!

2 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Let us know if your kids tested negative (hoping) and enjoy that Manhatten tonight.

Thanks!  They seem fine so far and I definitely will.

thankfully they are in ok spirits.  We had a scare with one of them that we thought was Covid but never got a positive test (other was clear).  Poor girl was sick for about a day and scared she was going to die if she had it.  We think they understand it better now, but it really makes me sad the world that we live in.  I hope when they are my age, we are in a better place.  

—Adam

3 hours ago, Wanzo said:

oops, sorry, was on my phone and didn't grab right info....

FEATURED-Sept-7-COVID-19-RaceEthnicity-U

KFF is collecting and analyzing data on COVID-19 vaccinations by race/ethnicity to gain increased insight who is receiving the vaccine and whether some groups are facing disparities in vaccination.

"As of this week, 75% of the adult population in the United States have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine. While this progress represents a marked achievement in vaccinations that has led to steep declines in COVID-19 cases and deaths, vaccination coverage—and the protections provided by it—remains uneven across the country. With the continued spread of the more transmissible Delta variant, cases, hospitalizations, and deaths are rising, largely among unvaccinated people. While as of late July 2021, White adults accounted for the largest share (57%) of unvaccinated adults, Black and Hispanic people remain less likely than their White counterparts to have received a vaccine, leaving them at increased risk, particularly as the variant spreads."

image.thumb.png.aed27127ecc8f7dd36f87566fe801820.png

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/covid-vaccine-tracker-global-distribution/us-vaccine-demographics.html

Thanks, that's a good table.

3 hours ago, Wanzo said:

oops, sorry, was on my phone and didn't grab right info....

FEATURED-Sept-7-COVID-19-RaceEthnicity-U

KFF is collecting and analyzing data on COVID-19 vaccinations by race/ethnicity to gain increased insight who is receiving the vaccine and whether some groups are facing disparities in vaccination.

"As of this week, 75% of the adult population in the United States have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine. While this progress represents a marked achievement in vaccinations that has led to steep declines in COVID-19 cases and deaths, vaccination coverage—and the protections provided by it—remains uneven across the country. With the continued spread of the more transmissible Delta variant, cases, hospitalizations, and deaths are rising, largely among unvaccinated people. While as of late July 2021, White adults accounted for the largest share (57%) of unvaccinated adults, Black and Hispanic people remain less likely than their White counterparts to have received a vaccine, leaving them at increased risk, particularly as the variant spreads."

image.thumb.png.aed27127ecc8f7dd36f87566fe801820.png

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/covid-vaccine-tracker-global-distribution/us-vaccine-demographics.html

That’s all good info…it only reinforces my confusion: with the new mandate of larger companies having their employees get vaccinated, why are illegal immigrants are exempt…(aside from purely political reasons not to be discussed)…where is the logic in that?  Am I misinformed of that caveat?

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Happily their tests came back negative.   They have to do another one later this week so they can go back to school the following Monday, but glad they were negative.  I hope the kid who was their close contact has a mild case and is back soon too.   

—Adam

This is disconcerting as I was Pfizer'd and if given a choice, back in March, I said I'd take Moderna, but because it was easier to store, not that I had some foresight of its effectiveness relative to Pfizer. This is one study, maybe outlook will change... again. Whatever happens, being cautious regardless of whatever news comes up.

20210914awVaccine12-5-1631994206.jpg

LOS ANGELES — Amid persistent concerns that the protection offered by COVID-19 vaccines may be waning, a report released Friday by the...

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
4 hours ago, nevets88 said:

This is disconcerting as I was Pfizer'd and if given a choice, back in March, I said I'd take Moderna, but because it was easier to store, not that I had some foresight of its effectiveness relative to Pfizer. This is one study, maybe outlook will change... again. Whatever happens, being cautious regardless of whatever news comes up.

20210914awVaccine12-5-1631994206.jpg

LOS ANGELES — Amid persistent concerns that the protection offered by COVID-19 vaccines may be waning, a report released Friday by the...

It's still 77% versus 92%.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
original.png

This has become a common refrain among the cautious—and it’s wrong.

So let me make one thing clear: Vaccinated people are not as likely to spread the coronavirus as the unvaccinated. Even in the United States, where more than half of the population is fully vaccinated, the unvaccinated are responsible for the overwhelming majority of transmission.

Despite concern about waning immunity, vaccines provide the best protection against infection. And if someone isn’t infected, they can’t spread the coronavirus. It’s truly that simple. Additionally, for those instances of a vaccinated person getting a breakthrough case, yes, they can be as infectious as an unvaccinated person. But they are likely contagious for a shorter period of time when compared with the unvaccinated, and they may harbor less infectious virus overall.

That’s why getting more people their shots is crucial for controlling the spread of the coronavirus: Every vaccinated person helps limit the virus’s ability to hide, replicate, and propagate.

Among the unvaccinated, the virus travels unhindered on a highway with multiple off-ramps and refueling stations. In the vaccinated, it gets lost in a maze of dead-end streets and cul-de-sacs. Every so often, it pieces together an escape route, but in most scenarios, it finds itself cut off, and its journey ends. It can go no further.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

They’re not listening. I cannot even express the frustration with this. Every day I hear dozens of people using the same, tired, foolish reasons to not get vaccinated. The only pandemic equal to Covid at this time is ignorance.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

3 hours ago, iacas said:

This has become a common refrain among the cautious—and it’s wrong

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

They’re not listening.

Do you think it's the actual reason they are not getting the vaccine?  It seems it's more of a way to try to defend their decision.    Once there is confusion or lack of trust, it's hard to gain it back...

quote:

"This misunderstanding, born out of confusing statements from public-health authorities and misleading media headlines, is a shame"

There's also a lot of very nuanced and confusing things happening now that make it challenging to keep the messaging consistent.  Places with very high vaccination rates seeing a surge in cases (i.e. singapore or even Vermont).  I get there are reasons and explanations, but it makes the messaging of just get the vaccine tougher.

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

• Administrator

Please don’t attribute quotes to me that aren’t mine.

I think lot of the unvaccinated have adopted that as an identity or maybe a counter identity (never sheep). A badge of honor. Logic, data, science can't shake them. Ironically some of them are all over Ivermectin. Tragic.

@Wanzo, I would venture to guess there very very few who are considering the surge in Vermont or Singapore in spite of the high vaccination rate as a reason to stay unvexed. 

Edited by GolfLug

Vishal S.

I came home from work a few nights ago to find my stepchildren ( all adults, mind you) copying my wife's vaccine passport and inserting their personal information on them.  Needless to say, I'm not impressed, neither with them nor my wife. 

Now I can't decide if she's really the one I want to spend the rest of my life with, to be honest.

Corey