IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

https://kidotalkradio.com/boise-doctor-threatened-ivermectin/

This one is not behind a paywall afaik.   

Someone from the patient's family:

"If you don't do this, I have a lot of ways to get people to do something, and they're all sitting in my gun safe at home."    

Doctor describing in her own words:

"I received a slew of verbal abuse from a patient's family members who called me an incompetent doctor, threatened me with physical violence and demanded I give them my name and medical license number so they could sue. This was because I refused to prescribe Ivermectin, which is not proven to treat COVID-19 and is recommended only in clinical trials at this point. Hydroxychloroquine, which current research suggests is not effective or safe in treating COVID-19. My patient was struggling to breathe, but the family refused to allow me to provide care. A call to the police was the only solution."

—Adam

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I think we are all a bit worried about David in FL.  David, if you're reading this please drop in to say "All is good."

Speak for yourself— I don't care much about people who repeatedly demonstrate how little they care about the well-being of others.-Especially those who take delight in not caring.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

GettyImages-1230425800_uilz6f

Tens of thousands of hospital workers are likely to be fired on Monday when the state’s vaccine mandate kicks in.

State data shows that 84 percent of the state’s 450,000 hospital workers are vaccinated, along with 83 percent of its 145,400 nursing home workers. Even still, that means as many as 94,000 workers are unvaccinated, leaving a potentially dire shortfall in workers from Monday.

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

• Administrator

Woof:

Wow.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Yikes. That’s an aggressive response. It’s impossible to know what to do. I just hate that it has become so political. 

I have two kids under 4 and their daycares want them to wear masks. I get the idea of keeping people safe but a two year old in a mask? They won’t keep it on and it just isn’t logical. They literally need to see people’s faces to learn how to communicate. 

13 hours ago, joeyg308 said:

Yikes. That’s an aggressive response. It’s impossible to know what to do. I just hate that it has become so political. 

I have two kids under 4 and their daycares want them to wear masks. I get the idea of keeping people safe but a two year old in a mask? They won’t keep it on and it just isn’t logical. They literally need to see people’s faces to learn how to communicate. 

The best thing to do with that is that anyone not getting vaccinated needs to drop this crap and create a bubble of protection around kids by being vaccinated.   I agree it's silly to think that very young kids are going to keep their masks on, but the protection should come from adults and older children doing what they can to protect them.   There probably will be some that young who just leave them on, and every little bit helps even if it's just partially.

I usually check in with twitter a few times a day and I keep seeing the stories of people who not only refuse to be vaccinated and then end up in bad shape, or dead....but also the people that caught it from the one time they weren't careful or they had to go somewhere and got unlucky.  Truly you are making a difference if you mask up when you leave the house.

My kids are 10 and wear their masks anywhere w/o complaining.  Every once in awhile they have had it and complain that we can't get back to normal but thank goodness this is not a fight with them.   

—Adam

45 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

At this point, if anything, I would think it is pushing an agenda to refuse vaccination. 

Unless the person has a valid medical reason to not get the vaccine, such as being under 12 years old, may have a severe allergic reaction to the vaccine, or other valid reasons. 

Moreover, a person may have religious reasons for refusing, but that’s a whole other can of worms involving questionnaires, determinations regarding the sincerity of beliefs, reasonable accommodations, etc. 

Life rarely involves blanket statements.  

17 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

Unless the person has a valid medical reason to not get the vaccine, such as being under 12 years old, may have a severe allergic reaction to the vaccine, or other valid reasons.  

I mean, duh. Goes without saying.

18 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

Moreover, a person may have religious reasons for refusing, but that’s a whole other can of worms involving questionnaires, determinations regarding the sincerity of beliefs, reasonable accommodations, etc. 

Inadmissible in my book. Would you allow a miner to refuse a hard hat for religious reasons?

20 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

Life rarely involves blanket statements.  

Lol. Yes...appreciate the education. 

Vishal S.

3 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

Inadmissible in my book. Would you allow a miner to refuse a hard hat for religious reasons?

It’s not your decision to make. If you don’t like it, take it up with your local representatives. 

8 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

It’s not your decision to make. If you don’t like it, take it up with your local representatives. 

What makes you think it's a 'decision'? It's an opinion. On a golf forum. 

EDIT: I thought the term 'in my book' would have made that clear. 

Edited by GolfLug

Vishal S.

15 hours ago, iacas said:

Woof:

Wow.

I'm sure the PGA Tour is NOT happy about being associated with a tweet that both spreads misinformation and rails against a British territory.

Suspension time.

On 9/27/2021 at 9:21 PM, Wanzo said:

State data shows that 84 percent of the state’s 450,000 hospital workers are vaccinated, along with 83 percent of its 145,400 nursing home workers. Even still, that means as many as 94,000 workers are unvaccinated, leaving a potentially dire shortfall in workers from Monday.

Up to 92% now - majority complied at the last moment. Proud of NY for being sensible. We'll get through any temporary shortfall and this policy will save lives.

25 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

What makes you think it's a 'decision'? It's an opinion. On a golf forum. 

EDIT: I thought the term 'in my book' would have made that clear. 

Wouldn’t be the first time you’ve been unclear. See the initial blanket, broad statement you made above. 

Look, I’m vaccinated (second dose received in early February) and want others to be vaccinated as it seems you do. But there’s more to it than what you let on in your earlier, overbroad statement. Perhaps you don’t think religious reasons are permissible, and I might agree with you, but there’s a process involved that deals with those. They’re not just Willy-nilly handing them out necessarily, as I briefly indicated above. Read up on the processes in place if you’d like to learn more; there are articles that present them out there on the web. But from the sounds of things, it doesn’t seem that anything is going to change your mind, so I may have wasted my time anyway. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

Wouldn’t be the first time you’ve been unclear. See the initial blanket, broad statement you made above. 

Which he then clarified, and now you're going back to his first statement as if there weren't further clarifications after that.

How about instead just saying "okay, I understand your clarifications."

Also, screw "religious exemptions." Very few religions say "don't accept science or modern medicine at all." And so I'm clear, that's purely an opinion, not "law" or what could or should even be law, because sometimes laws have to be semi-practical, and sometimes laws are written to appease voters, and sometimes laws are written for a multitude of reasons beyond the actual law itself.

cq5dam.thumbnail.cropped.1500.844.jpeg

Pope Francis and Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI receive their first doses of the Covid-19 vaccine in the Vatican.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets