IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

3 minutes ago, Zippo said:

You (royal you, of course) make the choice to drive drunk your livelihood is in jeopardy because in doing so you are a danger to society. You make the choice not to get the vaccine your livelihood is in jeopardy because in doing so you are a danger to society. That is as it should be.

People making the wrong choice (and countries where there may be little option to make the right choice) are the reason we still are where we are now.

Well said...

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Zippo said:

You (royal you, of course) make the choice to drive drunk your livelihood is in jeopardy because in doing so you are a danger to society. You make the choice not to get the vaccine your livelihood is in jeopardy because in doing so you are a danger to society. That is as it should be.

People making the wrong choice (and countries where there may be little option to make the right choice) are the reason we still are where we are now.

The issue is, the people who do not want to get the vaccine will not think they are doing anything wrong since they believe they have not given COVID to anyone. I have a friend who refuses to get the vaccine. We had a heated discussion about it. When he felt like I was blaming him for other people getting sick, he was "You can't blame me for that". He doesn't feel like he is personally responsible for hospitals getting full, other people getting sick, etc... 

Unless they know 100% they got someone sick, they take no responsibility. Even then, they probably will say you can't prove I gave it to a person. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

The issue is, the people who do not want to get the vaccine will not think they are doing anything wrong since they believe they have not given COVID to anyone. I have a friend who refuses to get the vaccine. We had a heated discussion about it. When he felt like I was blaming him for other people getting sick, he was "You can't blame me for that". He doesn't feel like he is personally responsible for hospitals getting full, other people getting sick, etc... 

Unless they know 100% they got someone sick, they take no responsibility. Even then, they probably will say you can't prove I gave it to a person. 

Amazing how we keep these imbeciles as friends. I have a few of my own. There is always hope.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Correct, as far as I can tell, for the most part.

Anti-COVID-vaccine people (I can't call them anti-vaxxers because many would still get MMR shots or get them for their children, etc.) often think they're making a completely personal choice, and are seemingly not considering how their choice affects others.

You can be drunk and drive home and not hit people. Or you could plow through a row of elderly people out for a stroll with their grandchildren. The damn thing about COVID is that unlike plowing through pedestrians in your SUV, you're often likely completely unaware that you ended or endangered the lives of the other people.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Amazing how we keep these imbeciles as friends. I have a few of my own. There is always hope.

It is good to have friends who have varying opinions than yourself. Though, he is clearing in the wrong here. He is a good person in general, like will go out of his way to help others out. It's just this one thing that he's made is mind up on. He is stupidly stubborn. It is totally linked to how he distrusts the government. He even said, if this happened back in the 80's he is probably taking the vaccine. 

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

You can be drunk and drive home and not hit people. Or you could plow through a row of elderly people out for a stroll with their grandchildren. The damn thing about COVID is that unlike plowing through pedestrians in your SUV, you're often likely completely unaware that you ended or endangered the lives of the other people.

I like this comparison. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

6 hours ago, iacas said:

The damn thing about COVID is that unlike plowing through pedestrians in your SUV, you're often likely completely unaware that you ended or endangered the lives of the other people.

and 99+ percent of them are fine, unlike the SUV scenario. And if they had had their anti SUV DD suits on (the vaccine) then they should have nothing to worry about at all.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

• Administrator
46 minutes ago, Bonvivant said:

and 99+ percent of them are fine, unlike the SUV scenario. And if they had had their anti SUV DD suits on (the vaccine) then they should have nothing to worry about at all.

We know the odds.

But hey, I'll give you 100 guns, and only one of them is loaded, and you can go around pointing them at people and pulling the trigger.

Even if they have a bulletproof vest on, their neck and head and other stuff will still be exposed, or you might still clip them in the wrist or something.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

22 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

My wife and I are down several friends.   basically just ghosted them.   It's useless to try and tell them why.

The one I regret the most was a family in our neighborhood who had several people trying to nicely persuade them to get vaccinated, and honestly it's galling to have to cajole people who ruin things for everyone else.   They made their "personal decision" and went on vacation and the whole family got Covid.   Guess what?  Now they think they are immune.  Ugh.

—Adam

15 hours ago, iacas said:

We know the odds.

But hey, I'll give you 100 guns, and only one of them is loaded, and you can go around pointing them at people and pulling the trigger.

Even if they have a bulletproof vest on, their neck and head and other stuff will still be exposed, or you might still clip them in the wrist or something.

Exactly. If you're comfortable with the risk, that's fine. But unless you plan on sequestering for the entire pandemic, it's not just about you.

• Administrator
45 minutes ago, imsys0042 said:

Now they think they are immune.

And they are to some extent.

The people that got COVID are sometimes the toughest to convince, in large part because they rely so heavily on their experience. "It wasn't that bad," they'll say, implying that it's not deadly to some people.

Some people recover from cancer, too. Doesn't mean we shouldn't keep fighting it, detecting it earlier, developing new ways of curing it, etc.

Whatever.

Another issue is that people take this as "moralizing" things, and it is a bit, but morals are almost more about how you affect other people than how you affect only yourself.

All the hunters out there…..be careful?

deer-coronavirus-carrier-02.jpg?quality=

Scientists worry the virus could eventually travel back to human populations if not eradicated in the...

“As much as 80% of the 445,000-strong Iowa deer population may carry the disease, according to a new study, 

However, the prevalence of coronavirus among animals may hamper efforts to eradicate the disease from nature — meaning that the elimination of COVID-19 in humans wouldn’t necessarily be enough to prevent another outbreak.”

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

2 minutes ago, Wanzo said:

Scientists worry the virus could eventually travel back to human populations if not eradicated in the...

“As much as 80% of the 445,000-strong Iowa deer population may carry the disease, according to a new study, 

However, the prevalence of coronavirus among animals may hamper efforts to eradicate the disease from nature — meaning that the elimination of COVID-19 in humans wouldn’t necessarily be enough to prevent another outbreak.”

Well, that's a cheerful note.

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Wanzo said:

Good thing people aren’t generally hanging out within six feet of deer indoors.

Got Moderna booster on Monday and just getting back to normal now. Just had to deal with dead arm and lethargy. I guess it felt a little like brain fog?

After the next booster gonna need another card. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Another study for Ivermectin shot down….

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

18 hours ago, iacas said:

Good thing people aren’t generally hanging out within six feet of deer indoors.

Can't we start vaccinating the deer so they can flatten the curve?

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls