IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

• Administrator

@Wanzo, do not mis-attribute quotes.

24 minutes ago, Wanzo said:

Agree with the article, It just shouldn’t be mandated like San Francisco plans to IMO.  

IMO, yes, they should.

24 minutes ago, Wanzo said:

from the article….“Again, this decision is personal and unique to each family. And I won’t judge you at all if you want to learn more from me before you decide to get it for your kids. 

As she knows, it isn't entirely "personal" because it affects the livelihood and health of others.

And she said she was talking to the middle third, the cautious third or something. Not the strong "no" people and not the "line up with their kids" people.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 11/5/2021 at 8:55 PM, iacas said:

@Wanzo, do not mis-attribute quotes.

IMO, yes, they should.

As she knows, it isn't entirely "personal" because it affects the livelihood and health of others.

And she said she was talking to the middle third, the cautious third or something. Not the strong "no" people and not the "line up with their kids" 

Even if you're vaccinated it affects the livelihood and health of others.

11 hours ago, Baldera1979 said:

Even if you're vaccinated it affects the livelihood and health of others.

I'm not sure what you mean.  Because I am vaccinated, I am much less likely to negatively affect the health and livelihood of others.  The converse is also true, an unvaccinated person is MORE likely to negatively impact others.  

5 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

I'm not sure what you mean.  Because I am vaccinated, I am much less likely to negatively affect the health and livelihood of others.  The converse is also true, an unvaccinated person is MORE likely to negatively impact others.  

Because you can still spread the virus even if are vaccinated.

41 minutes ago, Baldera1979 said:

Baldera, it's not "One Size Fits All" as you seem to want to imply.  Far less chance of spreading the virus if you're vaccinated.  Go get your shot.

55 minutes ago, Baldera1979 said:

That’s either a false dilemma fallacy or a Texas sharpshooter fallacy. 

One can cause accidents when driving sober so why drive sober?

I would like to take Aaron's word on this, not sure if it is true that he said he is allergic to the vaccine. If he consulted with his doctor about secondary options besides getting vaccinated, and he has an allergic reaction to the vaccine, then I can't blame him for not taking the vaccine. 

My mom had the same concerns because she had a history of not reacting well to vaccines in the past, but chose to get vaccinated anyways. Still, I understand the fear, since certain allergic reactions are scary and could be deadly. 

BUT!! The NFL has its protocol that he has to follow. They are trying their best to keep players and personnel safe. He shouldn't be getting bent out of shape when all that stuff he tried wasn't accepted by the NFL.

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I would like to take Aaron's word on this

No reason to. He lied.

USATSI_16553264-e1636058575993.jpg

We haven’t heard from Aaron Rodgers about the fact that he lied about being vaccinated and ultimately was outed as being unvaccinated. When we do, we may hear about his frustration with the process that...

The league doesn’t disclose the names of players who are and aren’t vaccinated. However, portions of the daily transaction report often can be cross-referenced to determine that a player was placed on COVID reserve for being in close contact with an infected person. Since only the unvaccinated can be placed on COVID reserve as close contacts, that’s one way to identify unvaccinated players.

Another way, of course, comes from the player wearing a mask in certain settings. But Rodgers consistently did not wear a mask when in the public eye, even in circumstances when he should have. That also helped him hide the truth.

39 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I would like to take Aaron's word on this, not sure if it is true that he said he is allergic to the vaccine. If he consulted with his doctor about secondary options besides getting vaccinated, and he has an allergic reaction to the vaccine, then I can't blame him for not taking the vaccine. 

My mom had the same concerns because she had a history of not reacting well to vaccines in the past, but chose to get vaccinated anyways. Still, I understand the fear, since certain allergic reactions are scary and could be deadly. 

BUT!! The NFL has its protocol that he has to follow. They are trying their best to keep players and personnel safe. He shouldn't be getting bent out of shape when all that stuff he tried wasn't accepted by the NFL.

Nor did he follow the protocol.  Sidelines, press conferences, etc. I guess if you have a good ratio of TD passes to INTs then you don't have to follow the rules.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Nor did he follow the protocol.  Sidelines, press conferences, etc. I guess if you have a good ratio of TD passes to INTs then you don't have to follow the rules.

Seemingly. A suspension would have been warranted, I'd think. But it appears he'll just be fined.

3 hours ago, Zippo said:

That’s either a false dilemma fallacy or a Texas sharpshooter fallacy. 

One can cause accidents when driving sober so why drive sober?

Nice Strawman. It's not a fallacy. Why do vaccinated people still required to wear masks at certain places or have to quarantine if they test positive for covid? 

1 minute ago, Baldera1979 said:

Nice Strawman. It's not a fallacy. Why do vaccinated people still required to wear masks at certain places or have to quarantine if they test positive for covid? 

Dude, you're really lacking in factual information about the virus.  Ya gotta get off those social media sites that are make-believe and conjecture.

7 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Dude, you're really lacking in factual information about the virus.  Ya gotta get off those social media sites that are make-believe and conjecture.

Yeah, ok. I'm actually in the medical field. I believe I'm a little more qualified than you on how viruses work. 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Baldera1979 said:

Why do vaccinated people still required to wear masks at certain places or have to quarantine if they test positive for covid? 

Nobody has said that a vaccinated person can't test positive for COVID-19. But vaccinated people are far less likely to:

• pass it on.
  • be hospitalized or die.
  • get sick or be symptomatic for a long time.

Furthermore, despite what you say about "at certain places" and such, even you likely know vaccinated people don't have to wear their masks as often or in as many places, they often aren't quarantined if they're a close contact with a COVID-positive person, and several other "perks." Why? Because we're understanding more about both the vaccine and COVID-19.

Don't come in here with logical fallacies and bull. And by "here" I mean more than this topic, but this whole site.

Yeah, ok. I'm actually in the medical field. I believe I'm a little more qualified than you on how viruses work. 

And I have a degree in medicinal chemistry.

@Vinsk is not only "in medicine," he's a doctor.

So you're a janitor at the local hospital.  Well, I'm running for President.

3 minutes ago, Baldera1979 said:

Working on the janitorial staff at a neighborhood MedPlus does not count buddy.