IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

A local hospital is looking for about 200 employees after giving a notice that the vaccine was mandatory by 11/13.   If anyone needs a job in the hospital, Genesis Ascension in Grand Blanc, MI is hiring!

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

A local hospital is looking for about 200 employees after giving a notice that the vaccine was mandatory by 11/13.   If anyone needs a job in the hospital, Genesis Ascension in Grand Blanc, MI is hiring!

In a related story, employment surged at “Our Lady of the Worthless Miracle”, the only hospital in the area that is run by Flat Earthers, Anti-Vaxxers and people who think the moon landing was faked.   They honor any, and all, religious exemptions including an exemption for atheism because maybe God doesn’t exist (according to them)

—Adam

1 hour ago, imsys0042 said:

In a related story, employment surged at “Our Lady of the Worthless Miracle”, the only hospital in the area that is run by Flat Earthers, Anti-Vaxxers and people who think the moon landing was faked.   They honor any, and all, religious exemptions including an exemption for atheism because maybe God doesn’t exist (according to them)

Think I'd rather stay home and use Vick's VapoRub on my Covid than go to that hospital.

3 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Think I'd rather stay home and use Vick's VapoRub on my Covid than go to that hospital.

They give patients Ivermectin, so it's really more of a horse-pital.

—Adam

7 hours ago, iacas said:
PGA-Tour-fired-reporter-COVID-vaccine.pn

Teryn Gregson, who has worked for the PGA Tour as a host and reporter, announced Monday that she had been fired by the organization for refusing to get

7694e6bdc6f947792efa79a474ceeb86

Gregson said she tried to get a religious exemption from the PGA Tour but was not granted one.

This story  has some more info and makes it sound like maybe she just didn't want to go back to the office.

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

• Administrator
35 minutes ago, Wanzo said:
7694e6bdc6f947792efa79a474ceeb86

Gregson said she tried to get a religious exemption from the PGA Tour but was not granted one.

This story  has some more info and makes it sound like maybe she just didn't want to go back to the office.

Agreed. They aren’t even requiring masks if you can sit at your workstation and be far enough apart from someone else.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

annie-taal-following-allergic-reaction-t

A Victoria woman who had a severe allergic reaction to the COVID-19 vaccine says she's grateful she is now fully immunized after she received several low-dosage shots instead of a second jab.

War Eagle!

I am so proud 😜 Michigan is highest daily case count in country now and NOW the advice is to mark up!  I live in such a great state.

Seriously, this is not good just before the holidays.  The virus is widespread and with large family gatherings in a week I suspect we will see bigger numbers in December.

And just “For the record” one hospital near me said 86% of those hospitalized are not vaccinated…..but I still hear those claiming the vaccine does not work.  

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

You wouldn't believe this unless you saw it with your own eyes.

Imagine trying to have a conversation with someone who needs this question answered. And I doubt they're going to this Australian Government health website to get their answers. Scary.

Screen Shot 2021-11-20 at 12.56.07 pm.png

Edited by Shorty

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

1 hour ago, Shorty said:

You wouldn't believe this unless you saw it with your own eyes.

Imagine trying to have a conversation with someone who needs this question answered. And I doubt they're going to this Australian Government health website to get their answers. Scary.

Screen Shot 2021-11-20 at 12.56.07 pm.png

Imagine doing it for a living.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

On 11/19/2021 at 6:13 PM, StuM said:

I am so proud 😜 Michigan is highest daily case count in country now and NOW the advice is to mark up!  I live in such a great state.

Seriously, this is not good just before the holidays.  The virus is widespread and with large family gatherings in a week I suspect we will see bigger numbers in December.

And just “For the record” one hospital near me said 86% of those hospitalized are not vaccinated…..but I still hear those claiming the vaccine does not work.  

The case numbers have increased extensively, but the death rate has been going steadily down for quite some time. Take a look at the graphs I attached:

Screenshot_20211124-145041.png

Screenshot_20211124-145037.png

Edited by WilliamB
typo

1 hour ago, WilliamB said:

The case numbers have increased extensively, but the death rate has been going steadily down for quite some time.

I thought deaths lag a few weeks behind infections, so there still may be an increase in deaths.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

1 hour ago, Darkfrog said:

I thought deaths lag a few weeks behind infections, so there still may be an increase in deaths.

Maybe so, but there has been a steady decline from springtime. Sept 24 to Nov 22, the avaliable data from this website, the death rate has been declining little by little (2% down to 1.7%). This time of the year, from September through November, is coincidentally a high flu season time as well. To me, the covid death rate going down is indicative of a couple important things. Firstly, the viruses that are mutating maybe a little less potent, and people's immune system may be a bit stronger with vaccination. 

15 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

You're gonna love the long term side effects...

My friend who got COVID back in Feb 2020 still hasn’t fully recovered. He’s had long term fatigue (chronic fatigue syndrome). It’s been very hard on him.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

22 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

My friend who got COVID back in Feb 2020 still hasn’t fully recovered. He’s had long term fatigue (chronic fatigue syndrome). It’s been very hard on him.

Man, I'm sorry for your friend. This whole thing has pretty much sucked. As I mentioned on here before my next door neighbor passed on from it. He had other complications but none that I thought would take his life. Right now one of my kids schoolmate's mom is in the ICU on a ventilator. She's been there for a while... maybe 2 weeks? Hopefully she'll get out of the woods soon. She's an anti-vaxer and high-risk for other reasons. So I hate myself for thinking some of the thoughts that immediately ran through my head. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

High School basketball starts next week in Michigan.   Masks are required in Genesee County per the county mandate but not in other local counties.   The county mandate expires December 22/23 and schools will have the option to eliminate masks.   The two schools where I sub will allow students to go without a mask. 

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

11 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Man, I'm sorry for your friend. This whole thing has pretty much sucked. As I mentioned on here before my next door neighbor passed on from it. He had other complications but none that I thought would take his life. Right now one of my kids schoolmate's mom is in the ICU on a ventilator. She's been there for a while... maybe 2 weeks? Hopefully she'll get out of the woods soon. She's an anti-vaxer and high-risk for other reasons. So I hate myself for thinking some of the thoughts that immediately ran through my head. 

I just found out my friend had a stroke two days ago and fell and fractured his skull. He’s doing okay at the moment.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave