IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

@Ole Duffer If having a negative covid19 test is the way to go, they really should refuse boarding to those who don’t have one, instead of checking when they land. Alot can happen during the flight(s) to the islands if you put confirmed negatives with everyone else.

We have pretty strict travel restrictions in NM (14-day quarantine for all out of state travelers), but no one is enforcing it and people don’t care. I know my club got plenty of golfers from TX and AZ in the last few months, no quarantine/masks/distancing at all. It is pretty bad here now and if I were a visitor, I’d be more worried about catching the virus here than brining it in. Ski season is around the corner and I doubt people from out of state would follow the restrictions either. Our state is shutdown until 11/30 but  I don’t think 2 weeks is enough to turn things around. I wouldn’t be surprised if our SIP order is extended until the end of the year to cover Christmas/New Year too.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, FlyingAce said:

@Ole Duffer If having a negative covid19 test is the way to go, they really should refuse boarding to those who don’t have one, instead of checking when they land. Alot can happen during the flight(s) to the islands if you put confirmed negatives with everyone else.

It’s a state law, not an airline law. So while what you say makes sense it’s also not really possible.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

23 hours ago, FlyingAce said:

We have pretty strict travel restrictions in NM (14-day quarantine for all out of state travelers), but no one is enforcing it and people don’t care. I know my club got plenty of golfers from TX and AZ in the last few months, no quarantine/masks/distancing at all. It is pretty bad here now and if I were a visitor, I’d be more worried about catching the virus here than brining it in. Ski season is around the corner and I doubt people from out of state would follow the restrictions either. Our state is shutdown until 11/30 but  I don’t think 2 weeks is enough to turn things around. I wouldn’t be surprised if our SIP order is extended until the end of the year to cover Christmas/New Year too.

See Post #650.

😷

Man of the Year in Michigan 

On 11/23/2020 at 9:01 AM, FlyingAce said:

If having a negative covid19 test is the way to go,

But it’s not really. A lot can happen from the time one tests negative to boarding the plane. Or the test may have not detected the virus at test time. Testing negative when asymptomatic isn’t that reliable due to  the unknown status of the virus in the body if present. This silly ‘ negative test no more than 72hrs old’ is a joke. Sure it’s better than nothing....but barely. 
Sadly, people are flocking to urgent care clinics and testing sites to get their golden ticket to travel. It’s irresponsible. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

My wife is going on day 9 of no taste or smell, her daily headaches have seemingly gone away so that's a positive step and I had a couple days of slight congestion but nothing significant. Our quarantine is set to be over on Thursday, probably will wait until Friday or Saturday before leaving the house. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

On 11/23/2020 at 7:21 AM, iacas said:

It’s a state law, not an airline law. So while what you say makes sense it’s also not really possible.

They just made it a state law:

But like @Vinsk said, it is a joke. How difficult is it to just stay home?

48 minutes ago, FlyingAce said:

But like @Vinsk said, it is a joke. How difficult is it to just stay home?

A humorous look at staying home.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

A humorous look at staying home.

Lol...that’s great!

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
4 hours ago, FlyingAce said:

My point was in answering why they can't just forbid you from getting on the plane. You're getting on the plane in another state, so Hawaii's laws don't matter. Only the airline's laws or the laws in that state would apply.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

GettyImages-945715950.jpg?itok=JOQweVNJ

In response to the coronavirus pandemic, state governments are flexing their emergency powers. Some states have issued orders requiring people entering the state to self-quarantine for at least two weeks. Some of these...

58 minutes ago, Ole Duffer said:
GettyImages-945715950.jpg?itok=JOQweVNJ

In response to the coronavirus pandemic, state governments are flexing their emergency powers. Some states have issued orders requiring people entering the state to self-quarantine for at least two weeks. Some of these...

Hmm.. I didn't know freedom of movement was a thing. 

Yea, I have no issue with states baring travel from certain states. If Hawaii wants to shut down their airports and deny access, go ahead. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator
steelers-ravens-2016.jpg

The NFL is moving the Thanksgiving nightcap to Sunday due to a COVID-19 outbreak

This is complete bullshit.

16 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Hmm.. I didn't know freedom of movement was a thing. 

Yea, I have no issue with states baring traverom certain states. If Hawaii wants to shut down their airports and deny access, go ahead. 

In lieu of national leadership, states do what they were told they have to do, deal with it themselves.

Darn it!  I was really looking forward to watching that game.  Why does carp like this always happen to ME?

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

3 hours ago, Ole Duffer said:

In lieu of national leadership, states do what they were told they have to do, deal with it themselves.

I don't get that thought process "In lieu of national leadership".  At what point in time do States Rights stay in place or as you seam to be insinuating disappear? The regulation of responding to covid should be at the State level as each and every state is different.

While I may or may not agree with how the Governor of my state is handling covid, he is more in tune with the condition of our state then the President no matter who is and will be the President.  And that applies to the 50 individual states.  

No President should ever place a travel ban across this entire country which if ever done then the Constitution is just a document.  Plus I seriously doubt the Executive Order to do such a thing could stand up in Court.  And if struck down in court then that would have a tremendous negative affect on how each could handle stay at home orders as well.

The so called strong leader you maybe looking for, no matter whom that is or will be there holds and Office that stands ready to assist when called upon by an Individual State when feels it has more then it can handle.

Money is usually first, that has been done.  Medical personnel from the Military is next, that has been done BUT the States need to request that first or once again you are breaking the law.

As difficult as this pandemic has been and is there are worse scenario's that can happen.  If we allow this to break down our individual rights and personal freedoms, to break States Rights what is going to happen next time?

Or more importantly, when this pandemic fizzles out and it will, will the individual rights that have been taken be given back?

A strong national leader is one who stands ready to respond when called upon, not one that over reaches 

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

5 hours ago, iacas said:
steelers-ravens-2016.jpg

The NFL is moving the Thanksgiving nightcap to Sunday due to a COVID-19 outbreak

This is complete bullshit.

How is that going to help? I don’t get it. 

- Shane