IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

6 hours ago, Edsland said:

My mother in law passed yesterday evening after it settled in her lungs after fighting it for 10 days. She was 87, her home said she contracted it from a night nurse that didn't know she had it. 

So sorry for your loss.   You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. 

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 12/21/2020 at 5:53 PM, The Flush said:

Well I made it to within 2 days of when they start vaccinations at work to test positive. I know I could have been exposed more than a week ago and I might not even have received the vaccine for a few weeks, but it seems so close. 

I likely got it from a coworker (tested positive), although the timeline is a stretched out a bit. She was exposed at church, where they don't believe in masks (although she wears one) back before Thanksgiving. She tested negative during  a quarantine and returned to work Nov 30th. I think her husband, who was exposed at church at the same time, tested positive on Dec 4th when trying to get cleared to return to work. She then tested positive on Dec 7th and experienced flu like symptoms while quarantined and returned to work Dec 14th. I had been experiencing headaches for a while, but they didn't want to test me with only that 1 symptom until Dec16.when I tested negative (rapid test at work). 2 days later on the 18th I started experiencing cold like symptoms with a fever thrown on top. And today I tested positive. I don't know if I got it the week of Nov 30th or the week of Dec 14th, but she was off all the other days in between her exposure at church. We are pretty good about wearing masks at work, but there must have been a lapse somewhere, or I got from someone else that I am unaware of. I am not sure this new guideline of only 10 days of quarantine is such a good idea.

So far it has been mild. I describe it as a cold with a fever the comes on each afternoon. Hopefully it doesn't get much worse. I am off work until the 28th if my symptoms go away without needing medication.

I just got my return to work authorization from employee health after 10 days of home isolation. I am fortunate that I had pretty mild symptoms. I had a headache for a long time before testing negative and then testing positive after developing a cough, congestion, and fever. Family has to quarantine for 14 days since they have not yet had symptoms.

We have had multiple employees hospitalized and one death, which resulted  in an OSHA inspection. I have more than my share of comorbidities. I am not sure how I lucked out. Actually the odds suggest that I would be OK, but it doesn't seem fair for those who get the really bad cases who appear to be at least as healthy as I am.

War Eagle!

7 minutes ago, The Flush said:

I had a headache for a long time before testing negative and then testing positive after developing a cough, congestion, and fever. Family has to quarantine for 14 days since they have not yet had symptoms.

This headache thing is confusing a lot of people. My mom had a headache and developed a fever for about 3-5 days. Tested Negative. My cousin tested positive, her family got the headache and fever symptoms and tested negative. Not sure if there is a different strand, or maybe there is a delay in anti-bodies developing after the headache. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator
1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

This headache thing is confusing a lot of people. My mom had a headache and developed a fever for about 3-5 days. Tested Negative. My cousin tested positive, her family got the headache and fever symptoms and tested negative. Not sure if there is a different strand, or maybe there is a delay in anti-bodies developing after the headache. 

The test for COVID isn't an anti-body test.

There's usually a delay from actually acquiring COVID to when you test positive, but as I understand things it's only a few days after initial acquisition. After you've got it.

It’s recommended that you wait to get tested for at least two to three days after potential exposure. Some health experts say five days after exposure might be a good testing point, since that’s the median time when symptoms usually appear.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I think I was exposed Nov 30 and started developing headaches within a couple days. The exposure was no later than Dec 7 unless I got it from someone other than my known positive coworker who was quarantined beginning Dec 7.  If my exposure was that late, then the headaches are not related to COVID because they started the week before. I really haven't seen many other people. I tested negative on Dec 16 with no symptoms other than the headaches. I developed more symptoms on Dec 18 and tested positive  Dec 21. It was a rapid test performed on-site at our hospital. This are known for false negatives unless you have symptoms, so that is probably why I tested negative even though it was over a week since exposure.

War Eagle!

16 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

Kind of a nervy day for me. ...

A member of my household is getting tested. I think it's just the cold, but if not, I might be going away for a while.

Hoo-Ray!

Test was negative. No house arrest. I'm free to venture to the office and do my sinful business.

7 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

Hoo-Ray!

Test was negative. No house arrest. I'm free to venture to the office and do my sinful business.

Excellent!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Greg Norman tested positive and CNN is reporting he stated:

"I am fit and strong and have a high tolerance for pain but this virus kicked the crap out of me like nothing I have ever experienced before.  "Muscle and joint pain on another level. Headaches that feel like a chisel going through your head scrapping little bits off each time, fever, muscles that just did not want to work.  "Then my taste failed where beer tastes bad and wine the same. And finally at times struggling with memory of names and things. Then there is irritation."  Norman added that we wouldn't want anyone to experience this "hideous virus."  "Please take care. And for those doubters out there, do not judge or cast unwarranted comments and opinions .   Do what is right, not just for you, but your family, friends, co-workers and other people around."

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

On 12/29/2020 at 6:18 AM, mcanadiens said:

Hoo-Ray!

Are you implying that you do your sinful business in the office... or on the golf course?

1 minute ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Are you implying that you do your sinful business in the office... or on the golf course?

Oh yes. The office is the best place for that.

What I do on the golf course is the opposite. Money only ever leaves my pocket when I go out there.

Dawn Wells, Mary Ann from Gilligan’s Island, passed from COVID. This year continues to suck.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

6 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Dawn Wells, Mary Ann from Gilligan’s Island, passed from COVID. This year continues to suck.

I read that. Very sad indeed.

If you think this year was bad, 2021 say's, "Hold my beer." I anticipate worse things are a comin...

887a273b-500e-4adf-ac27-5c7d7056ea17-121

Colorado officials said contact tracing was underway to determine who else may have been exposed to a COVID-19 variant first identified in the U.K.

- Shane

21 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

I read that. Very sad indeed.

If you think this year was bad, 2021 say's, "Hold my beer." I anticipate worse things are a comin...

887a273b-500e-4adf-ac27-5c7d7056ea17-121

Colorado officials said contact tracing was underway to determine who else may have been exposed to a COVID-19 variant first identified in the U.K.

Carl, instead of the cigar I send you every New Year's I'm shipping you a copy of Norman Vincent Peale's "The Power of Positive Thinking" this year.

• Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets