IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

On 1/16/2021 at 6:23 PM, Billy Z said:

No false info here, as the 1st wave already got theirs. I am in the 2nd wave of vaccinations in a nationally ranked medical system.

I guess I was just speaking of where we're at.  Lotsa vaccine hype on the news, but no one has any vaccine.  I have called them all, and no one knows when the next is coming.

Our state is not going by CDC guidelines, and every County Health Department decides how to handle it.

Man of the Year in Michigan 

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Ole Duffer said:

I guess I was just speaking of where we're at.  Lotsa vaccine hype on the news, but no one has any vaccine.  I have called them all, and no one knows when the next is coming.

Our state is not going by CDC guidelines, and every County Health Department decides how to handle it.

13 million Americans have gotten the vaccine. Some states are starting to get to teachers and the elderly.

It's generally unwise to say things about "false info" when you're talking about your anecdotal and/or local experience(s).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My MIL is in a nursing home and they haven't received their first dose.    They don't have any idea when the vaccine will be available.    

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Hey Denny , My Father is in senior living. He was scheduled for Feb 7 th but they had a cancellation and he got his Saturday that was in Burton Mi. He is 95 also I don’t know if it matters list wise.

11 minutes ago, Lefty4life said:

Hey Denny , My Father is in senior living. He was scheduled for Feb 7 th but they had a cancellation and he got his Saturday that was in Burton Mi. He is 95 also I don’t know if it matters list wise.

Nice that he was able to get the first dose of the vaccine.  My MIL is in Lapeer and they haven't started yet.  😏

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

13 hours ago, Ole Duffer said:

In this morning's news is the first accurate reporting of our vaccine situation:

The (state health) Department said on Twitter it is important to understand that many vaccinators are still waiting on supplies from the federal government.

While the Governor is saying:

Missouri is currently vaccinating Phase 1A and Phase 1B – Tier 1 populations.

The truth in any of our nearby counties is that no one has any, or knows when they will get any.  If it was otherwise I would not be saying this.

In the mean time we are continuing to be as cautious as we have been from the beginning, knowing that help is on the way eventually.

4 minutes ago, Ole Duffer said:

The truth in any of our nearby counties is that no one has any, or knows when they will get any.  If it was otherwise I would not be saying this.

Probably wasn't realistic to think vaccinations were going to happen much faster than this. It's only logical to target the highest risk people first. 

From what I'm hearing results have been sort of mixed here in Ohio. It seems that a lot of the responsibility for administering the vaccinations is falling to our county boards of health and apparently some counties have set up much better systems than others for scheduling. Hearing horror stories out of some of our neighboring areas about getting those 1Bs on the books. 

11 hours ago, dennyjones said:

My MIL is in a nursing home and they haven't received their first dose.    They don't have any idea when the vaccine will be available.    

Be careful what you say. 

Generally speaking, people somewhere are getting some vaccine it appears.

😷

26 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

From what I'm hearing results have been sort of mixed here in Ohio. It seems that a lot of the responsibility for administering the vaccinations is falling to our county boards of health and apparently some counties have set up much better systems than others for scheduling. Hearing horror stories out of some of our neighboring areas about getting those 1Bs on the books. 

Yes.  That's what I'm saying about our area, too.

We don't know anyone personally who has gotten a vaccine in our area, and we have a lot of higher risk people.

My sister-in-law got it, and is ready for #2, but she's in another state, works in a high-risk home healthcare job, and got it through her employer.    Some of her co-workers are anti-vacs, so opted out, and there have been a couple of positives and exposures.

On the bright side, a better approach, a real plan, and management will be here soon, hopefully.

Edited by Ole Duffer

The rollout is a mess here in Florida. When they announced it in our area, it was going to be administered at the local library. 2 days later, they couldn't handle it, so they moved it to the local arts center, 2 days later, that didn't work, so they moved it to another venue, in another town. It was first appointments only, but when the phone lines were all busy, and the online portals all were crashing, it was walk-ins only. Once you got there you'd be turned away, saying they were taking appointments only.

Across the road from where we live is one of those standalone ER centers affiliated with the local hospital. They weren't advertising it, but they were administering the vaccine. One of our residents went over there for some lab blood work, and found out about it. He was told by appointment only. People started calling, and right now appointments are full until March. But then they say, you can walk-in, and if they are done with the scheduled appointments, and there is vaccine left, they will administer it to the walk-ins. But you take your chances. You can stand in line for a couple hours, only to be told they are out, make an appointment, or come back another day.

Personally, I'm just going to wait until the rush is over.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

5 minutes ago, Rkrider99 said:

The rollout is a mess here in Florida. When they announced it in our area, it was going to be administered at the local library. 2 days later, they couldn't handle it, so they moved it to the local arts center, 2 days later, that didn't work, so they moved it to another venue, in another town. It was first appointments only, but when the phone lines were all busy, and the online portals all were crashing, it was walk-ins only. Once you got there you'd be turned away, saying they were taking appointments only.

Across the road from where we live is one of those standalone ER centers affiliated with the local hospital. They weren't advertising it, but they were administering the vaccine. One of our residents went over there for some lab blood work, and found out about it. He was told by appointment only. People started calling, and right now appointments are full until March. But then they say, you can walk-in, and if they are done with the scheduled appointments, and there is vaccine left, they will administer it to the walk-ins. But you take your chances. You can stand in line for a couple hours, only to be told they are out, make an appointment, or come back another day.

Personally, I'm just going to wait until the rush is over.

Same here . . . and Florida is our other option.  We're passing on it this year as, generally speaking, it is much more dangerous there than here, and our Florida County has been virtually out of ICU beds since I started checking every day.

Our Snowbird friends call us every day, and they're very concerned.  If we had known, they could have had our house, and saved some money.

We can hunker down where we're at, and are building a new house to stay busy.

The real news today is that those who will be taking over/starting national COVID management don't know what they don't know, as there have not been briefings.  It will take them some time to figure out what vaccine we actually have and how fast it's being produced.  I anticipate the DPA being deployed.

The northern counties around me have done ok. I know many people that have been vaccinated. I also know one of the people who is controlling some distribution of the vaccine. They recently got rid of a “middle man” because it was completely unnecessary. WA went into 1B yesterday. 

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

1 hour ago, phillyk said:

The northern counties around me have done ok. I know many people that have been vaccinated. I also know one of the people who is controlling some distribution of the vaccine. They recently got rid of a “middle man” because it was completely unnecessary. WA went into 1B yesterday. 

And the Washington governor said yesterday the plan is to vaccinate 45,000 people a day. Might be ambitious? Extended across the country that would be 2,250,000 vaccinations a day! That is more than double Joe's goal of 1 million shots a day.

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Ole Duffer said:

In this morning's news is the first accurate reporting of our vaccine situation:

Yeah, no.

3 hours ago, Ole Duffer said:

We don't know anyone personally who has gotten a vaccine in our area, and we have a lot of higher risk people.

I can name ten people that I've given lessons to since December that have been vaccinated, with eight of them having received their second vaccine and the other two due for theirs within the week.

The difference is that I don't go post about how this must be true across the country, in ever population base.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

18 hours ago, iacas said:

13 million Americans have gotten the vaccine. Some states are starting to get to teachers and the elderly.

It's generally unwise to say things about "false info" when you're talking about your anecdotal and/or local experience(s).

If 70-80% of the country gets vaccinated we can very likely be back to normal by summer time. If only 40-50% do....we’re looking at 3 more years. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Just to add some data to the discussion, you can see information about supplies of the vaccine distributed and doses actually administered here, on a state by state basis:

Find national and local rates for COVID cases and deaths in the United States.

In Virginia, we're among the "worst" states so far, both in terms of doses administered (per 100,000 residents) and in percentage of the doses delivered that have actually been administered (about 28%).  Yet my wife has had her first dose (based on her work as a pharmacist), and I know a few others who have also received the vaccine.  I'm going to continue basic precautions until my turn rolls around, and for a little while after.  

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

2 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

If 70-80% of the country gets vaccinated we can very likely be back to normal by summer time. If only 40-50% do....we’re looking at 3 more years. 

I'm not disagreeing with you, but where are you getting this? Being in orthopedics, this is not my area, but I assume you have some sources that discuss these projections? My wife being in IR in the hospital setting reads about this stuff incessantly, so I'm sure projections are out there...I was wondering if you had them more from a curiosity standpoint (not because I doubt you)

2 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Just to add some data to the discussion, you can see information about supplies of the vaccine distributed and doses actually administered here, on a state by state basis:

Find national and local rates for COVID cases and deaths in the United States.

In Virginia, we're among the "worst" states so far, both in terms of doses administered (per 100,000 residents) and in percentage of the doses delivered that have actually been administered (about 28%).  Yet my wife has had her first dose (based on her work as a pharmacist), and I know a few others who have also received the vaccine.  I'm going to continue basic precautions until my turn rolls around, and for a little while after.  

Yeah, Dave - in the Fredericksburg/ Spotsy area, our local teachers are getting them so I think it's improving.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

I'm not disagreeing with you, but where are you getting this? Being in orthopedics, this is not my area, but I assume you have some sources that discuss these projections? My wife being in IR in the hospital setting reads about this stuff incessantly, so I'm sure projections are out there...I was wondering if you had them more from a curiosity standpoint (not because I doubt you)

Are you questioning the three years part of the 40-50% thing?

1 minute ago, iacas said:

Are you questioning the three years part of the 40-50% thing?

not really questioning the accuracy, just curious as the source of the projection, but yes. As admittedly, I really don't look at this stuff much, it may be "common knowledge" at this point, but even so, I wouldn't be aware of it.  The projection just struck my attention.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny