IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

56 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

Actually, it's amazing there is even a vaccine at this point. Vaccines usually take much longer to develope. Tomorrow's the day I get my first, and my friend who's a medical first line worker is getting her 2nd dosage. I am curious as to the side effects.

Mine was just a mild muscle ache, only if I bumped my shoulder, for a day or two.  Didn't notice it in daily activity or swinging a club.  (Moderna.)  Second dose later this week.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 hours ago, phillyk said:

The northern counties around me have done ok. I know many people that have been vaccinated. I also know one of the people who is controlling some distribution of the vaccine. They recently got rid of a “middle man” because it was completely unnecessary. WA went into 1B yesterday. 

Yeah. I found out yesterday my wife and I now qualify for vaccination and my physician's office is one of the vaccine sites in Whatcom County so sent them an email to see about getting scheduled. Not sure yet when or where we'll be able to get the shot but we'll get it the moment it's available to us and not a moment too soon as far as I'm concerned.

My husband got his first dose Pfizer back in mid-Dec and he had no reactions/side effects other than a sore arm for 2 days. He had his 2nd shot 2 weeks ago and he is doing fine. He did not develop any reactions until 12 hours after the shot - fatigue, bodyaches, nauseousness and chills. He said it felt like he was coming down with the flu. It lasted about 24 hours and then he was back to normal. 
My state, NM, is doing pretty well in administering the vaccine. We have finished with Group 1A and have moved on to 1B (75+ or 16+ with health risks) over a week ago. According to the governor, we have already administered 77% of doses received. Many of my older friends (75+) were able to get vaccinated last week. Some were able to walk in to vaccination clinics to ask if there were any leftover vaccines for the day and got it that way. No reports of people lining up for hours just to be turned away. 
I am getting my first dose tomorrow. Not sure which one I will get. I was not able to secure a 2nd dose appointment yet but hopefully the registration system will be up and running soon. Not sure what will happen if I cannot get a 2nd dose in 3-4weeks time, but I will worry about that later. I am just thankful that I can get a dose now.

Asking here since there appears to be more medical insight on this forum than on the death metal forums I frequent-

I'm getting my first vaccine shot tomorrow (Thursday) but I also have to get a COVID test on Saturday for a medical procedure next week - will getting the vaccine less than 48 hours before the test potentially affect the results?

Edited by colin007
Spelling

Colin P.

59 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Asking here since there appears to be more medical insight on this forum than on the death metal forums I frequent-

I'm getting my first vaccine shot tomorrow (Thursday) but I also have to get a COVID test on Saturday for a medical procedure next week - will getting the vaccine less than 48 hours before the test potentially affect the results?

The vaccine doesn’t contain the virus. They work on a different principle.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/mrna.html

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

What Scott said.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Thanks guys, I knew that the vaccine didn't have the virus, but I didn't know if it would have some effect on my body where it would mimic like I had it and cause a false positive. 

Colin P.

• Administrator
GettyImages-1230196314-1024x576.jpg

The paper is a welcome signal that existing vaccines don’t seem to be weakened by the variant in question, known as B.1.1.7.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

18 hours ago, Zippo said:

Yeah. I found out yesterday my wife and I now qualify for vaccination and my physician's office is one of the vaccine sites in Whatcom County so sent them an email to see about getting scheduled. Not sure yet when or where we'll be able to get the shot but we'll get it the moment it's available to us and not a moment too soon as far as I'm concerned.

We're scheduled for our first shots tomorrow early evening. Yaaay! I hope I don't eat my words but my feeling is that I'll take some vaccination side effects over a Covid-19 infection any day...

19 minutes ago, Zippo said:

We're scheduled for our first shots tomorrow early evening. Yaaay! I hope I don't eat my words but my feeling is that I'll take some vaccination side effects over a Covid-19 infection any day...

Go Zippo go!  As well as Mrs. Zippo.  Where are you getting your shots?

3 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Where are you getting your shots?

Probably in the shoulder. :whistle:

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Got my 1st Pfizer shot yesterday. Ten minutes after the shot, I started feeling some fuzziness from my neck to my face. It lasted about 30 mins. Injection site started getting sore about 10 hours afterwards. Still sore after 24hrs. I have also developed a rash since last night and they are not going away. Otherwise no other reaction/side effects.

• Administrator

That means it’s working!

(Being sarcastic.) Glad we’re seeing more people get their vaccines.

1 hour ago, FlyingAce said:

Got my 1st Pfizer shot yesterday. Ten minutes after the shot, I started feeling some fuzziness from my neck to my face. It lasted about 30 mins. Injection site started getting sore about 10 hours afterwards. Still sore after 24hrs. I have also developed a rash since last night and they are not going away. Otherwise no other reaction/side effects.

But can you still play golf with that sore shoulder?

On 1/19/2021 at 9:56 PM, Missouri Swede said:

Mine was just a mild muscle ache, only if I bumped my shoulder, for a day or two.  Didn't notice it in daily activity or swinging a club.  (Moderna.)  Second dose later this week.

I just got my vaccine yesterday and all's I have is soreness at the injection site. The shot itself, pfizer, was painless, but a little sore today. I have my 2nd shot set up for Feb 10. This is how my procedure went:

Entered medical building at the hospital and they took my temp and a few typical questions.

Verified my Insurance (shot is free, but there is a service fee they charge my insurance company)

Went to the vaccination booth and got the shot (chose my right arm because that is my active arm)

Went to an observation room for 15 minutes and downloaded and app to communicate my conditions with the hospital, if any.

Set up my 2nd appt, then left the facility.

The whole event probably took about 1/2 hour.

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080