Jump to content
IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic


Recommended Posts

On 2/12/2021 at 10:33 AM, JGus said:

So out of pure curiosity, for everyone who is so anxious to get the COVID shot(s), how many of you have volunteered for free clinical trials/studies in the past?  My guess would be a very small amount, so i'm really curious on why this is different in your mind?

This is not meant to be argumentative, just really curious how everyone views this, especially if you have not, or would not, sign up for other free clinical trials/studies.

And no, I am not in a hurry or plan to get these shots anytime soon.

Lol. "Not meant to be argumentative." Yeah, sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 2/12/2021 at 10:33 AM, JGus said:

So out of pure curiosity, for everyone who is so anxious to get the COVID shot(s), how many of you have volunteered for free clinical trials/studies in the past?  My guess would be a very small amount, so i'm really curious on why this is different in your mind?

This is not meant to be argumentative, just really curious how everyone views this, especially if you have not, or would not, sign up for other free clinical trials/studies.

And no, I am not in a hurry or plan to get these shots anytime soon.

I not understanding the logic in your post, it's a bit confusing to me. How does volunteering for clinical trials/studies have anything to do with getting a covid vaccine? It sounds like you may be sort of a conspiracy theorist. JMO

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 2/16/2021 at 9:22 AM, Double Mocha Man said:

Be careful. Can they reschedule a few days out because of the conditions? You don't need to get the shot exactly 3 weeks or 4 weeks after the first dose.

We're rescheduled for this Friday, two days from now.  3000 getting their second shot the same day.  We're at 7:30 AM, 150 miles away, and we are taking my 86-year-old MIL, who is 35 miles from the event.

woo hoo!

Since it's been mentioned, an Internet friend volunteered for one of the trials.  She got the placebo, and they did not give her the vaccine when it was approved.  That's not fair!

Edited by Ole Duffer
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Administrator

 

24VIRUS-JJVACCINE1-videoSixteenByNine300

F.D.A. studies show the shot strongly protects against severe illness and may reduce spread of...

72% in the US. One shot. 20M by the end of March. 100M by June.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Got my first jab of the Pfizer vaccine this afternoon. Had to skip practicing golf to get to the vaccination center after work. Even though the end of this whole COVID-19 thing is still awhile off, this feels like a teeny-tiny step toward normalcy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So I got my second shot Wednesday night. Yesterday, almost exactly 18 hours after the shot, I started feeling the onset of chills. I stick it out for two more hours at work, go home, take my temperature and it's a slowly rising fever which I NEVER have. Then comes the body aches, skin hurts, and one of the worst headaches I've ever had. Last night was horrible, between the pain of the headache and the frustration of not being able to sleep it made me want to cry lol.

Fever broke overnight, body feels ok, only thing left is this unrelenting headache.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10 minutes ago, colin007 said:

So I got my second shot Wednesday night. Yesterday, almost exactly 18 hours after the shot, I started feeling the onset of chills. I stick it out for two more hours at work, go home, take my temperature and it's a slowly rising fever which I NEVER have. Then comes the body aches, skin hurts, and one of the worst headaches I've ever had. Last night was horrible, between the pain of the headache and the frustration of not being able to sleep it made me want to cry lol.

Fever broke overnight, body feels ok, only thing left is this unrelenting headache.

Get well soon.

Take a nap if you can. 
Hang in there. Let us know how you feel in a day or two.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
27 minutes ago, colin007 said:

So I got my second shot Wednesday night. Yesterday, almost exactly 18 hours after the shot, I started feeling the onset of chills. I stick it out for two more hours at work, go home, take my temperature and it's a slowly rising fever which I NEVER have. Then comes the body aches, skin hurts, and one of the worst headaches I've ever had. Last night was horrible, between the pain of the headache and the frustration of not being able to sleep it made me want to cry lol.

Fever broke overnight, body feels ok, only thing left is this unrelenting headache.

I got that with the flu shot last fall. I was literally shivering with full sweats on and about five blankets. The headache went away after 30 hours or so. I’ve never had that reaction to the flu shot before and I get it every year. My doctor said it was my bodies response and shows it is working.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, colin007 said:

So I got my second shot Wednesday night. Yesterday, almost exactly 18 hours after the shot, I started feeling the onset of chills. I stick it out for two more hours at work, go home, take my temperature and it's a slowly rising fever which I NEVER have. Then comes the body aches, skin hurts, and one of the worst headaches I've ever had. Last night was horrible, between the pain of the headache and the frustration of not being able to sleep it made me want to cry lol.

Fever broke overnight, body feels ok, only thing left is this unrelenting headache.

Get well! My wife's boss got his second dose earlier this week and feels like 💩. He is starting to feel a little better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Get well soon.

Take a nap if you can. 
Hang in there. Let us know how you feel in a day or two.

 

 

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I got that with the flu shot last fall. I was literally shivering with full sweats on and about five blankets. The headache went away after 30 hours or so. I’ve never had that reaction to the flu shot before and I get it every year. My doctor said it was my bodies response and shows it is working.

 

26 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

Get well! My wife's boss got his second dose earlier this week and feels like 💩. He is starting to feel a little better.

Thanks guys. Trying to stay hydrated, feel terrible about missing work. At least I know it'll pass eventually

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 minutes ago, colin007 said:

 

 

Thanks guys. Trying to stay hydrated, feel terrible about missing work. At least I know it'll pass eventually

Maybe this will cheer you up?

1336ic.jpg.25e8a17c05edd270363d8cdb493741b2.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
17 minutes ago, colin007 said:

 

 

Thanks guys. Trying to stay hydrated, feel terrible about missing work. At least I know it'll pass eventually

Oh, and I seem to be able to speak to snakes now. Not sure if that’s related to the shot though.😜

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

33 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Thanks guys. Trying to stay hydrated, feel terrible about missing work. At least I know it'll pass eventually.

Take 2 aspirin and post a message to Vinsk in the morning.  

(Just trying to lighten your mood)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 2/26/2021 at 11:54 AM, ChetlovesMer said:

Maybe this will cheer you up?

1336ic.jpg.25e8a17c05edd270363d8cdb493741b2.jpg

 

On 2/26/2021 at 12:08 PM, boogielicious said:

Oh, and I seem to be able to speak to snakes now. Not sure if that’s related to the shot though.😜

 

On 2/26/2021 at 12:24 PM, Double Mocha Man said:

Take 2 aspirin and post a message to Vinsk in the morning.  

(Just trying to lighten your mood)

Lol lol lol this sub forum needs reactions, why don't we have reactions up in here??

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

We got our second pfizer three days ago, along with 3000 people, and no side affects at all.

About a 350 mile RT, twice, to get it done, but it's worth it.   We will still be cautious.

Things are ramping up,  2 million J&J heading out today.  

Nice focus has created momentum.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Administrator

My daughter and I, and right about now my wife, all got the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine today.

The woman said 2300 people had signed up, but more were signing up (the printer beside her kept printing out completed forms for people scheduling at that moment), and she estimated they'd get to 3,000 doses or more.

It was about 40 minutes away, and I'm scheduled to go back on March 22 for the second dose. They were taking walk-ins.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 2/27/2021 at 4:55 PM, colin007 said:

Lol lol lol this sub forum needs reactions, why don't we have reactions up in here??

How are you feeling?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • Support TST Affiliates

    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasfeb21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
  • Posts

    • I like my mega sudoku I wont lie it usually takes a few hours but I want to start trying something larger than 16.
    • Well I had said that I would get back to you guys after I goofed around with the 54° and 58° on my short game shots (I only have my old Tommy Armour V-31 sand wedge as a 56° test).    My experience was that I don’t know that I will ALWAYS need two speciality wedges for  short game shots, but the 58° does come in handy from uneven shittier lies, the 56° has decent results from said lies, so the vote is not in yet... I feel the 50-90 yard shots are easier to control with the 56° (my 54° is 95-105 yards, and 58° 75-85 but I don’t like to hit them full). On the full swing motion wedge shots I can get away with just a 56°, but the one time I need a 58°-60° around the green... I think it’s going to course and conditions dependent... I can always take the 3-iron out for the 7-wood... or the 3 and 4 iron for the 7 and 9 wood... but that’s a different topic...
    • I actually am toying with playing with a 7- and 9-wood in place of my 3 and 4 hybrids not liking how hybrids hook, my 9 wood would have to be a non-Srixon/Cleveland because I’m not paying XXIO money for a 9-wood.    Hey, the 9-wood might be the modern equivalent, of the Ray Floyd 5-wood at the 1976 Masters, he actually took the 2-iron out and left the 1-iron in when he put the 5-wood in play in the 1976 Masters. The 9-wood might be my answer to question of the long par-three and long par-four second shot I have.
    • Definitely something that could help him keep golf competitions in perspective.
    • Please tell me it was also a vintage MB rather than modern utility iron.
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. CathyKnarr
      CathyKnarr
      (28 years old)
    2. Club Greg
      Club Greg
      (58 years old)
    3. Cnich
      Cnich
      (31 years old)
    4. Douglas Reedy
      Douglas Reedy
      (40 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...