IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

12 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

And wearing hearing protection in the break room would be overkill.

Not if you have loud workmates... or they chew loudly. 

P.S.  My earlier tongue-in-cheek comment actually addressed the issue of remembering to put on safety gear when in a dangerous situation. 

I once had to take my son to the emergency room to have a piece of metal removed from his eye.  But it wasn't forgetfulness in this case.  It was cockiness and stubbornness.  He insisted on using a metal grinder without safety glasses.  Learned his lesson the hard way.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Right. And wearing hearing protection in the break room would be overkill. It’s not necessary. On the job site is a poor comparison for masks/Covid regulations.

Out side activity with far beyond recommended social distancing doesn’t require masks to be worn. Period. Wearing a mask while playing golf alone is unnecessary.

Nobody should be chastised for doing it if they choose.
But more importantly nobody should be forced to wear one when there is zero chance of Covid infection occurring. I do not agree with the ‘just do it because it’s easier to enforce’ attitude.  

Have you ever been in our break room?😜

I agree with you on outside activities. But there are issues on the opposite side. A friend of ours is a young musician in Nashville. He wears his mask when he should and gets chastised by all the toothless, flat-earther, COVID-denying morons there for doing so. He sometimes fears for his safety and he’s following the State of Tennessee guidelines. That’s just plain wrong.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This covid situation has shown me that society sure has different differing attitudes today.

We vote for public officials to make decisions, which we don't want to make.

Then we complain when they make decisions that are based on facts we have never seen in our lifetimes.

This covid thing is a real shit storm. Its not like the flu, kills more, spreads like wildfire, screwing up health care in developed countries, decimating highly populated non developed countries.

IMHO-there is no right way, covid's here to stay

Thank goodness Golf is allowed.

Stay safe/stay well

28 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Have you ever been in our break room?😜

I agree with you on outside activities. But there are issues on the opposite side. A friend of ours is a young musician in Nashville. He wears his mask when he should and gets chastised by all the toothless, flat-earther, COVID-denying morons there for doing so. He sometimes fears for his safety and he’s following the State of Tennessee guidelines. That’s just plain wrong.

I agree. Nobody should get any trouble for wearing a mask. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

I agree. Nobody should get any trouble for wearing a mask. 

Isnt this a common occurrence in Japan and China.

They wear masks when they have a cold to not infect anyone else. What a concept. We dont pass along germs to one another. Not Covid or the common cold!
No offense to any of you, but I dont want any germs any of you have!

We have all known someone who is battling cancer, think they want to inhale some germs from a schmuck?

The mindset of alot of people baffles me!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

36 minutes ago, Elmer said:

Meh. I don’t care about a common cold. I don’t want the life of a germaphobe. Serious viruses are one thing...others are not. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

42 minutes ago, Elmer said:

They wear masks when they have a cold to not infect anyone else.

Yes, and it’s a common misconception in the west that Asian people who wear masks are afraid of getting sick, when often it’s worn out of a courtesy for others.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

8 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Wearing a mask while playing golf alone is unnecessary.

I agree. I don't wear a mask while golfing alone or with vaccinated golfers. I also don't wear a condom when playing... Ahhh, never mind....

13 hours ago, Elmer said:

They wear masks when they have a cold to not infect anyone else. What a concept. We dont pass along germs to one another. Not Covid or the common cold!

We have all known someone who is battling cancer, think they want to inhale some germs from a schmuck?

The mindset of alot of people baffles me!

My mother is recovering from ovarian cancer and she’s has other immune issues. She was wearing a mask out long before COVID-19.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

There were two front page NYT articles today on outdoor masking. They must read TST 😆

askwell-masks-outdoors-videoSixteenByNin

Science shows that the risk of viral transmission outside is very low. The “two-out-of-three rule” can help you decide whether to mask up.

They even included this handy graphic to decide when masks are necessary. 

image.png.2c18aee17b47e8b2e2421033bfaf6b07.png

And this newsletter that makes the scientific case that masks our largely unnecessary outdoors. 

“Viral particles quickly disperse in outdoor air, and the risk of inhaling aerosolized virus from a jogger or passers-by are negligible,” my colleague Tara Parker-Pope writes, citing an interview she did with Linsey Marr of Virginia Tech. As Dr. Muge Cevik, an infectious-disease expert at the University of St. Andrews, says, outdoors is “not where the infection and transmission occurs.”

Still, why not try to eliminate even a minuscule potential risk and tell people to wear a mask at all times? Because that’s not an effective way to reduce overall risk. “I think the guidelines should be based on science and practicality,” Marr said. “People only have so much bandwidth to think about precautions.”

Anyway, it seems this is the first push towards helping people ease their fears and drop some masking. As the earlier article stated, it's an "off ramp" for the pandemic. If we start to ease up on protocols where it makes sense, we can start to return to normal. Very optimistic. 

- Mark

60819e174becb800190f68bb?width=1200&form

One dose of a Pfizer-BioNTech or AstraZeneca-Oxford vaccine reduced COVID-19 infections by...

I was interested in this as my wife got her first dose but the clinic didn’t automatically schedule a second like mine did. You got some time to get that second one in. This also provides a different path to vaccinating a population, if resources are available. 

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

• Administrator

If you want to feel that some good came of the global pandemic and shutdown, I highly recommend watching this:

1200x675.jpg

Narrated by David Attenborough, never-before-seen footage shows how our living in lockdown opened the door for nature to bounce back and thrive. Acros…

If that link doesn't work eventually, it's "The Year Earth Changed" on Apple TV+.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Interesting video, although that leopard strolling by would scare the life out of me. 

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

Yes - something incredibly beautiful but also tragic about all those images of animals in towns and mountains being visible for the first time in decades.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

• Administrator

I went to see Nobody in theaters today. Masks on the whole time (well, except when I'd eat a few almonds or drink some of my drink), and there were… maybe 8 of us in the whole theater? They closed down every other row, and when you book your seats, two seats on each side get blanked out as well.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

While in Chicago..going around town was like ‘ The Omega Man’ compared to Florida.