IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

About 48 hours out from getting my second shot (Pfizer), and zero side effects. I honestly feel a little cheated out of the full experience, haha. But I also get to pretend I’m tougher than my wife, since she had a reaction.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Well, there you go!  For those that “survived a fear-filled year”.

I’m glad someone cares about those poor souls.   😁

I'm not necessarily responding to you as much as the living in fear idea (I assume you were being sarcastic but I know there are opinions out there like this).  Why is it wrong?  Living in fear is better than death.  People are afraid of many things and that is perfectly normal and ok.  Isn't concealed carry out of fear?  Isn't locking one's car door or homes at night out of fear?  We take many things for granted, but there are many who have strong experiences.  The virus has effected a lot of people and their families.  It is ok and normal to be fearful of it.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

33 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

About 48 hours out from getting my second shot (Pfizer), and zero side effects. I honestly feel a little cheated out of the full experience, haha. But I also get to pretend I’m tougher than my wife, since she had a reaction.

But your wife was tougher than you during childbirth... 😁

4 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

But your wife was tougher than you during childbirth... 😁

She got epidurals and didn’t have to witness the bloody horror show that I did! 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

1 hour ago, phillyk said:

I'm not necessarily responding to you as much as the living in fear idea (I assume you were being sarcastic but I know there are opinions out there like this).  Why is it wrong?  Living in fear is better than death.  People are afraid of many things and that is perfectly normal and ok.  Isn't concealed carry out of fear?  Isn't locking one's car door or homes at night out of fear?  We take many things for granted, but there are many who have strong experiences.  The virus has effected a lot of people and their families.  It is ok and normal to be fearful of it.

Good points.

Although I think the post wasn't about mocking living in fear as much as their derived belief that the threat is fictitious is in the first place hence the fear is laughable. Not much you can say to that.

Vishal S.

1 hour ago, DeadMan said:

I ducked out under the guise of fainting from the sight of blood and the potential for losing my breakfast.  It didn't change a thing about how I bonded with my son.  Jeez, I can go off topic so easily.  Discipline yourself James!

2 hours ago, phillyk said:

I would say there is a significant difference between living in fear and taking prudent precautions.

When people were shooting at me I was genuinely afraid.  I’m not “afraid” that someone will break into my house, or that I’ll be attacked while out with my family, or especially that I’ll catch a virus.  But there’s nothing wrong with taking prudent precautions nonetheless if we think that’s the right thing to do.

For those that consider getting vaccinated to be a prudent precaution, I certainly would encourage them to do so!   :beer:

18 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

Good points.

Although I think the post wasn't about mocking living in fear as much as their derived belief that the threat is fictitious is in the first place hence the fear is laughable. Not much you can say to that.

You’d be wrong.  I was mocking the article that contends that we’ve all been “living in fear” this past year.

For those few who have been, well, not much you can say about that except that I hope they find a way to get past it.

Edited by David in FL

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

25 minutes ago, David in FL said:

You’d be wrong.  I was mocking those “living in fear”.  :-D

You are obviously downplaying the threat for others.

25 minutes ago, David in FL said:

I would say there is a significant difference between living in fear and taking prudent precautions.

Why is their a difference.. i.e mutually exclusive? 

I think @phillykmakes good points about fear being a healthy instinct, even prudent. Not all fear is paralyzing. 

Vishal S.

26 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

You are obviously downplaying the threat for others.

Why is their a difference.. i.e mutually exclusive? 

I think @phillykmakes good points about fear being a healthy instinct, even prudent. Not all fear is paralyzing. 

Don't anyone here be a Ted Nugent.  

210421131310-ted-nugent-covid-19-super-t

Singer Ted Nugent, who has repeatedly implied that Covid-19 is a hoax, now has the virus. He continued to downplay the rationale behind testing and vaccines.

19 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Don't anyone here be a Ted Nugent.  

210421131310-ted-nugent-covid-19-super-t

Singer Ted Nugent, who has repeatedly implied that Covid-19 is a hoax, now has the virus. He continued to downplay the rationale behind testing and vaccines.

Yeah, I understand that the jury will always be out for some. What I don't understand is how are they so SURE of it being a hoax. As I said, not much you can say to that. 

Vishal S.

Just now, GolfLug said:

Yeah, I understand that the jury will always be out for some. What I don't understand is how are they so SURE of it being a hoax. As I said, not much you can say to that. 

Because other people (not doctors or scientists) they trust in say it's a hoax???  Or, life is easier if you treat it as a hoax???  Yeah, personally I hate wearing a mask or social distancing (8 feet for me) or washing my hands.  But I do it... why give death a chance to come after me?

3 hours ago, DeadMan said:

Ha Ha

John

48 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

The jury is always out for some because they are waiting for people to confirm their ridiculous notions despite there never being a shred of evidence to support their insanity. They are not interested in how a jury makes a decision, or how scientists and people with more education or brain cells than them work things out. If you're someone like Ted Nugent you can behave as if you know more than the "sheep" who follow "science" because you do "your own research", meaning watching a Youtube video put out by a moron. They like to think they are above the MSM and normality and it's a way to excuse themselves for never having read anything or studied anything for more than a second. And the macho stance is attractive for weak people with now real power over their own or any one else's life.

Studies show that the more evidence you present to people with particular prejudices to disprove their "theories", the more entrenched they become in their beliefs.

Prove that something is a hoax and they just think it means it's proof that the "cover up" is really good and has to involve people at the highest level of government.

I mean.... there are people who seriously believe the earth is flat and can disprove gravity because if you hold a marble underneath a tennis ball it falls to the ground rather than sticking to the tennis ball like I am sticking to Australia down here.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

6 minutes ago, Shorty said:

The jury is always out for some because they are waiting for people to confirm their ridiculous notions despite there never being a shred of evidence to support their insanity. They are not interested in how a jury makes a decision, or how scientists and people with more education or brain cells than them work things out. If you're someone like Ted Nugent you can behave as if you know more than the "sheep" who follow "science" because you do "your own research", meaning watching a Youtube video put out by a moron. They like to think they are above the MSM and normality and it's a way to excuse themselves for never having read anything or studied anything for more than a second. And the macho stance is attractive for weak people with now real power over their own or any one else's life.

Studies show that the more evidence you present to people with particular prejudices to disprove their "theories", the more entrenched they become in their beliefs.

Prove that something is a hoax and they just think it means it's proof that the "cover up" is really good and has to involve people at the highest level of government.

I mean.... there are people who seriously believe the earth is flat and can disprove gravity because if you hold a marble underneath a tennis ball it falls to the ground rather than sticking to the tennis ball like I am sticking to Australia down here.

@Shorty  Next time you post you should speak your mind.  😉  P.S.  Just how do you Aussies stick to the earth?  Suction shoes?  Velcro?

I’m wondering by the time booster shots are needed in a year (assuming, who knows) if you can opt to switch vaccines. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

I’m wondering by the time booster shots are needed in a year (assuming, who knows) if you can opt to switch vaccines. 

I would think so. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

A friend is on a ventilator today. 52 years old and he never took Covid seriously. This article hits too close to home.

edb38347fbe534588871ed240216f74e

ROYAL OAK, Mich. — At Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, in one of America’s worst coronavirus hot...

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold)