IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

2 hours ago, iacas said:

Florida is doing so well, eh?

Judge Judy Reaction GIF by Agent M Loves Gifs

I'm pretty sure that one of our members posted recently about how he was "proud" of Florida's response. It does make your head spin.

Their response has been reviled worldwide as an outrageous and catastrophic disaster.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

57 minutes ago, Shorty said:

I'm pretty sure that one of our members posted recently about how he was "proud" of Florida's response. It does make your head spin.

Their response has been reviled worldwide as an outrageous and catastrophic disaster.

Not to indict just Florida, but there are stories of people going after people with masks on and bullying them. The story I heard about was this guy in Florida stopped his bike ride to berate a woman who was out on a walk. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

01VIRUS-HERDIMMUNITY1-videoSixteenByNine

Widely circulating coronavirus variants and persistent hesitancy about vaccines will keep the goal out of reach. The virus is here to stay, but...

Well, this is not good.  Seems part of the problem is people not getting vaccinated.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

10 minutes ago, Yukari said:

Well, this is not good.  Seems part of the problem is people not getting vaccinated.

It's come down to paying people to get their vaccination.  Or offering them a free beer. A local brewery is doing just that and offering shots on site.

12 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

It's come down to paying people to get their vaccination.  Or offering them a free beer. A local brewery is doing just that and offering shots on site.

It's infuriating that people are so selfish or stupid that they won't get a free vaccine after a year+ of a pandemic that's killed so many and so disrupted life. But there's a vast literature on the effectiveness of paying people for getting vaccinations. The federal government should just start giving $100 in cash to everyone on their way out of the facility after getting their 2nd shot (or their one J&J).

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

On 5/2/2021 at 8:44 PM, Vinsk said:

It’s a bit too early for that. We don’t really know how to interpret the results at this time.

We have a fairly good idea if there was a strong immune response generated. Agree this is not commonly available like a pertussis titer. But the data clearly exists based on the ongoing follow up studies. 

So it might not be perfect but you could get an insight.

I was thinking about this. Since COVID was ranked third is number of deaths in 2020, only cancer and heart attacks out did COVID, wouldn't the way to think about taking the COVID vaccine be this. 

If someone told you that two shots, with very minimal side effects (compared to other drugs humans take), would make you highly (95%) unlikely of not having a heart attack or getting cancer would you take the shots? 

I bet everyone would sign up for those shots in a heartbeat. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I got my 2nd pfizer vac shot way back on Feb 10, but that's not to say I wasn't a bit apprehensive. People have known that vaccines usually take a great period of time to develop, and the Pfizer and Moderna were manufactured at 'warp speed', which I do credit the companies and the administration for doing. Just the same, I understand the population's hesitant behavior because of the time frame uniqueness of these vaccines. The way I felt when I made my decision was a trust for what was offered knowing I was not totally sure how I would react, and an acceptance of what remotely could happen. Being one of the first vaccinated, there wasn't a great deal of 'track record' to give total confidence. I do think one of the major aspects that convinced me was that it could not only save my life, but the lives of others. I think naysayers have got to stop being, I suppose, selfish and think how they can help others by getting the vaccine. We all hate the restrictions with a passion, but don't do all we can to end them.

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

1 hour ago, criley4way said:

We have a fairly good idea if there was a strong immune response generated. Agree this is not commonly available like a pertussis titer. But the data clearly exists based on the ongoing follow up studies. 

So it might not be perfect but you could get an insight.

No, we don’t. For now we’re encouraging vaccination. Titer testing post vaccination is not recommended as it’s trivial at this time.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
25 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

I got my 2nd pfizer vac shot way back on Feb 10, but that's not to say I wasn't a bit apprehensive. People have known that vaccines usually take a great period of time to develop, and the Pfizer and Moderna were manufactured at 'warp speed', which I do credit the companies and the administration for doing.

Let's be clear.

• The technology for the vaccines were developed a decade ago.
  • The vaccines went through basically the same steps as other vaccines. Flu vaccines are developed in about the same amount of time, because they're different every year.
  • "Warp Speed" was the name of the distribution, not the development of the vaccines.

Just the same, I understand the population's hesitant behavior because of the time frame uniqueness of these vaccines.

The population needs to look at the science, and it's funny how the people complaining about their freedoms or wearing masks, or whatever, are often the ones who are most reluctant to get the vaccine.

The way I felt when I made my decision was a trust for what was offered knowing I was not totally sure how I would react, and an acceptance of what remotely could happen. Being one of the first vaccinated, there wasn't a great deal of 'track record' to give total confidence.

At the same time, hundreds of thousands of people went before you.

I think naysayers have got to stop being, I suppose, selfish and think how they can help others by getting the vaccine. We all hate the restrictions with a passion, but don't do all we can to end them.

Yep.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

8 hours ago, saevel25 said:

I was thinking about this. Since COVID was ranked third is number of deaths in 2020, only cancer and heart attacks out did COVID, wouldn't the way to think about taking the COVID vaccine be this. 

If someone told you that two shots, with very minimal side effects (compared to other drugs humans take), would make you highly (95%) unlikely of not having a heart attack or getting cancer would you take the shots? 

I bet everyone would sign up for those shots in a heartbeat. 

+1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

12 hours ago, iacas said:

Let's be clear.

• The technology for the vaccines were developed a decade ago.
  • The vaccines went through basically the same steps as other vaccines. Flu vaccines are developed in about the same amount of time, because they're different every year.
  • "Warp Speed" was the name of the distribution, not the development of the vaccines.

The population needs to look at the science, and it's funny how the people complaining about their freedoms or wearing masks, or whatever, are often the ones who are most reluctant to get the vaccine.

At the same time, hundreds of thousands of people went before you.

Yep.

The essence of my post was in response to the video you posted, which I thought made some very good points. Yes, there were many people before me, but proportionally not that many. There was 'a bit' of apprehension on my part, but I thought it was for the betterment of not only me, but all of society. From what I have heard and read regarding persons enlisting in WWll is that many were disappointed when they were not chosen because of some physical/mental limitation. This was with the knowledge that many would not return because of the inherent nature of war. Now folks are afraid of a little vaccination? People need to man up a bit and think of the greater good. As per your video, much poor propaganda has been spoken inre of the vaccination. Hey, if I freak'n die from it, oh well, but the odds of that are soooo minimal they really shouldn't be considered, especially if you don't fear driving an automobile, which is exponentially more dangerous. 

"Shadows and dust, Maximus, shadows and dust"

57 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

People need to man up a bit and think of the greater good.

Absolutely. Only the selfish won’t get the vaccine.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, Billy Z said:

People need to man up a bit and think of the greater good.

... and woman up.

46 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Only the selfish won’t get the vaccine.

... or the uncaring.

19 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

... and woman up.

... or the uncaring.

I don't necessarily agree with that.  I know of people not getting the vaccine, and they are not uncaring.  For me, I do not think I need the vaccine.  I just don't.  The odds that I've seen of something majorly happening to me if I get COVID is small (and I do have a heart condition).  However, I am getting the vaccine for my friends/family.  They know that I don't think I need it; I'm doing it for them, not for me.

50 minutes ago, mattm16 said:

I don't necessarily agree with that.  I know of people not getting the vaccine, and they are not uncaring.  For me, I do not think I need the vaccine.  I just don't.  The odds that I've seen of something majorly happening to me if I get COVID is small (and I do have a heart condition).  

There have been many who have had this same mindset who were 'rudely awakened'.

1 hour ago, mattm16 said:

I don't necessarily agree with that.  I know of people not getting the vaccine, and they are not uncaring.  For me, I do not think I need the vaccine.  I just don't.  The odds that I've seen of something majorly happening to me if I get COVID is small (and I do have a heart condition).  However, I am getting the vaccine for my friends/family.  They know that I don't think I need it; I'm doing it for them, not for me.

I've been told getting the vaccine will help prevent you from passing the virus to others. 

I would think that if you don't think the virus will affect you, you'd be MORE likely to get the vaccine. You know, so that you don't pass it on to others who will be affected. Being as you won't even know that you have it.... because it doesn't affect you. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

57 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I've been told getting the vaccine will help prevent you from passing the virus to others. 

I would think that if you don't think the virus will affect you, you'd be MORE likely to get the vaccine. You know, so that you don't pass it on to others who will be affected. Being as you won't even know that you have it.... because it doesn't affect you. 

I also don't agree with that.  If a person doesn't think it will affect them, my thoughts are they would be less likely to get the vaccine.  Again, these are my thoughts, and I am getting the vaccine even though I don't think COVID would affect me.  From what I have been told, most likely it will be like the flu or a cold.  However, as I said, I am getting it due to other people (family/friends want me to).