IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

26 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

I wonder if this study will convince anyone to get vaccinated?

https://wjmh.org/pdf/10.5534/wjmh.210055

No - but if you said that the article said that the vaccine rather than the virus caused these issues it would be shared around the vaccine skeptics within seconds.

None of them would read it and it would definitely qualify as "research".

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know if others were sharing this information but I got my second dose of the vaccine Pfizer on the 29th of last month. No side effects to report other than soreness in my shoulder that subsided the next day, in my humble opinion this vaccine is safe and everyone should get it.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Disappointed that David in Florida's post is not even showing, and nobody is saying whether it was removed or not and if it was why.  I read it.  Nothing out of line.  However, the person who called me a moron, and an ignorant person.  However, that person mostly agrees with what the grand majority agrees with so I guess I'm not surprised. 

1 hour ago, mattm16 said:

Disappointed that David in Florida's post is not even showing, and nobody is saying whether it was removed or not and if it was why.  I read it.  Nothing out of line.  However, the person who called me a moron, and an ignorant person.  However, that person mostly agrees with what the grand majority agrees with so I guess I'm not surprised. 

"I don't have facts to back up what I think.  I just think certain ways."  @mattm16 2021

And nothing wrong with that.  I think certain ways.  So what are you trying to prove?  Notice I'm not calling you any names?  

Isn't it in the forum rules to not personally attack another member?  I would consider that being an attack.  But I guess it is ok as long as it agrees with the moderators/majority opinion.

Kinda petty I think.

Edited by mattm16

24 minutes ago, mattm16 said:

And nothing wrong with that.  I think certain ways.  So what are you trying to prove? 

Plenty wrong with that. An enormous amount of things wrong with that. Your own words successfully prove that you are ignorant. How could you even debate that?

We are talking about facts, not opinions and preferences. You think facts don't matter. And repeatedly emphasise this.

"I don't have facts to back up what I think.  I just think certain ways."  @mattm16 2021

The "certain way" you think is, for some things, based on lies, misinformation, denial of science and also abject ignorance. Worst of all, a lack of intellectual curiosity and a rejection of logic. And you admit it.

Jordan Spieth won the Masters in 2021. I believe it. Can't prove it, I just believe it. Is that not an ignorant statement?

You "believe" things that aren't true and expect that those views be respected? Why?

You said that although you have had the vaccine it was a "waste of your time" and claim to be a "caring" person. Demonstrably untrue based on that comment alone. 

Edited by Shorty

2 hours ago, mattm16 said:

A couple points I would like to make in reference to your comment would be, firstly, I feel it is the appropriate thing to get the vaccine. I got mine as soon as I could weigh back in February. To me oh, it really has proven its worth by certain statistics. One is the flu virus, although it is a different virus there were only about 600 deaths this flu season because of the precautions people have been taking with the coronavirus, and I'm sure the flu vaccine as well. Also, the older more vulnerable group of people in our nation are the ones who are not getting infected as much as the younger groups which haven't been vaccinated. To me, this is proof the vaccine works. The second point I would like to make, is that it is okay to disagree with others in the Forum, as you have done, that doesn't make you right or wrong, just the facts will testify to that. I also disagree with calling others a moron or ignorant as you alluded to. We are all brothers and sisters and should respect each other in a personal sense. I probably haven't done that myself in the past to the extent I wish I had, and I apologize for that.

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well stated,@BillyZ, but there is a difference between fact and opinion. Denying facts is not a way to gain respect. As the saying goes, you are entitled to your own opinion, not your own facts. @mattm16 admits that facts are not important to him. I do not respect that position. I would also never employ someone who made such an admission.

9 minutes ago, Shorty said:

Well stated,@BillyZ, but there is a difference between fact and opinion. Denying facts is not a way to gain respect. As the saying goes, you are entitled to your own opinion, not your own facts. @mattm16 admits that facts are not important to him. I do not respect that position. I would also never employ someone who made such an admission.

Well I actually agree with everything you just said, and I don't have a problem with that in fact what you say is appropriate, at least in this post. Name- calling is another thing that maybe we should refrain from. Thank you

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

8 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

Well I actually agree with everything you just said, and I don't have a problem with that in fact what you say is appropriate, at least in this post. Name- calling is another thing that maybe we should refrain from. Thank you

@BillyZ you would probably find that there are more things we would agree on than disagree on. Don't sound so surprised. :-)

On 5/12/2021 at 4:06 PM, Double Mocha Man said:

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." -- Isaac Asimov

Oh you are right, but just for trivia's sake the US is hardly in the top ten in a myopic thought process. Let's say I am not US born and you're just going to have to believe me. Like times 10X. 

14 hours ago, flopster said:

No side effects to report other than soreness in my shoulder that subsided the next day, in my humble opinion this vaccine is safe and everyone should get it.

Yeah, wife and I were joking, they prolly gave us saline solution. I was hoping to take a couple of days off work.. lol. 

Vishal S.

Just got my second shot today (pfzier) and CDC says fully vaccinated people don't need to wear masks when inside or outside in small gatherings. 

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

20 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

Oh you are right, but just for trivia's sake the US is hardly in the top ten in a myopic thought process.

You are correct on that!  The cult of ignorance extends well beyond our dotted white line borders.

5 minutes ago, jsgolfer said:

Just got my second shot today (pfzier) and CDC says fully vaccinated people don't need to wear masks when inside or outside in small gatherings. 

... like playing golf...

• Administrator
On 5/12/2021 at 2:23 PM, David in FL said:

This thread is only for those who believe a certain way. All others are directly insulted in a way that I find embarrassing to the forum itself.

Convenient to find you in here talking about stuff again, David. Florida sucks again right now, despite having multiple advantages of warmer weather, sunlight, etc.

And no, this topic isn't for those who believe a certain way. That's patently false.

However, it is a topic — like literally every other one here — where like others have said, you're entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts.

4 hours ago, mattm16 said:

Nothing's been removed, except you from participating at all for a few days if I'm reading the warning a moderator gave you correctly.

Like the warning says, this is a golf forum.

1 hour ago, mattm16 said:

And nothing wrong with that. I think certain ways. So what are you trying to prove?  Notice I'm not calling you any names?

Isn't it in the forum rules to not personally attack another member?  I would consider that being an attack.  But I guess it is ok as long as it agrees with the moderators/majority opinion.

Kinda petty I think.

You're not a moderator. Stop trying to be one. The above post isn't on the topic at all. Neither is @David in FL's. You don't know what warnings or points @Shorty got.

1 hour ago, Shorty said:

Plenty wrong with that. An enormous amount of things wrong with that. Your own words successfully prove that you are ignorant. How could you even debate that?

@Shorty, the forum rules say attacking the posts is fine, attacking the poster is not. Knock it off.

1 hour ago, Shorty said:

We are talking about facts, not opinions and preferences. You think facts don't matter. And repeatedly emphasise this.

The "certain way" you think is, for some things, based on lies, misinformation, denial of science and also abject ignorance. Worst of all, a lack of intellectual curiosity and a rejection of logic. And you admit it.

@mattm16, he has a point here.

1 hour ago, Shorty said:

You "believe" things that aren't true and expect that those views be respected? Why?

You said that although you have had the vaccine it was a "waste of your time" and claim to be a "caring" person. Demonstrably untrue based on that comment alone. 

Also a point.

So…

• Commenting on moderation is almost never welcome, or a good idea. It's virtually never on topic. Take it to DMs or just shut up and take a step back and ask yourself if you're using the forum appropriately.
  • You can have a difference of opinion, but not a difference of facts. And if your opinion is based on shoddy or incorrect "facts," then you can expect to be called out for it, whether it's here in this topic or in a golf swing instruction topic, or a Rules topic, or any other one here.
  • Do not call others names. Attack the posts, the ideas, the opinions. Not the people.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Hang in there golfers in Ontario. At least until June 2, if they stick with that date.

ontario.jpg

'By June 2, so long as we stay the course, we will be able to reopen outdoor recreation,' Ford promised

69449808_10159051657659657_4585881468365

"Golf can provide people with a way to get outside and maybe have a bit of hope during these challenging lockdowns"

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

Utterly ridiculous (as it was in PA last April) that golfers can't play golf in Ontario.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

34 minutes ago, iacas said:

Convenient to find you in here talking about stuff again, David. Florida sucks again right now, despite having multiple advantages of warmer weather, sunlight, etc.

And no, this topic isn't for those who believe a certain way. That's patently false.

However, it is a topic — like literally every other one here — where like others have said, you're entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts.

I admit I stop by this topic on occasion because it’s an important one.

With rare exception, I’ve been cured from posting in it though.

I will comment on the “Florida sucks” statement though...

3.jpg

North Dakota has the most confirmed COVID-19 cases per 100,000 population of all U.S. states, while Hawaii has the fewest, according to an analysis by The New York Times.

As of last week, in cases per 100,000, Florida ranks at 22 of 50.  Pretty much in the middle of the pack.  With a better economy and far less disruption than the vast majority.

Not my own facts.  Just facts.

On another positive note, it looks like the CDC has finally come to their senses with respect to masks.  Something I’m sure most people are happy about.  I know the official line is “for those fully vaccinated”, but given that nobody is going to be demanding proof of jab from every person not wearing a mask, I think it stands to reason that the masks are coming off for almost everyone, in most places.  

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

4 minutes ago, David in FL said:

On another positive note, it looks like the CDC has finally come to their senses with respect to masks.  Something I’m sure most people are happy about.  I know the official line is “for those fully vaccinated”, but given that nobody is going to be demanding proof of jab from every person not wearing a mask, I think it stands to reason that the masks are coming off for almost everyone, in most places.  

This will be a good thing for armed robberies... back to the mask meaning something's afoul...

Edited by Double Mocha Man