IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

2 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

I am a bit confused on the new mask mandates. Since I have been vaccinated they say I don't have to wear a mask? Can I go shopping without a mask, or should I be concerned about close quarters with other shoppers? Church? Restaurants? I haven't looked over the new guidelines close enough yet, but I just got back from CVS and I continue to wear my mask.

The guidance is that you can go back to normal minus certain activities like air travel where you might be closer quarters with potentially infected people.  There is also very little risk, per the research, that even if you are infected that it would be serious or you would spread to others.   Very good news for people with young kids.

my wife and I are taking it slow nonetheless.   We are going to see where the numbers are before we go back to the gym, but things are looking good.

—Adam

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the efficacy has been proven, period. When vaccinated groups start showing more resistance than unvac'd groups, to me that is proof.

5 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Until we know more about the efficacy of the vaccine

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

2 minutes ago, David in FL said:

As long as it didn’t involve injecting something that we don’t understand the extent of the side affects yet...  🙂

Have you read the science on this?  Where are you getting your information? This isn’t like some random policy where there are different rules for different people.  The same people who develop, produce and advocated for these vaccines were among the first people taking them.

I have a fear of foreign things in my body.   I don’t like to take medicine if I think my immune system benefits from beating something on its own.   I read up and got my first shot as soon as I could.   It’s the right thing to do.

—Adam

1 minute ago, imsys0042 said:

Have you read the science on this?  Where are you getting your information? This isn’t like some random policy where there are different rules for different people.  The same people who develop, produce and advocated for these vaccines were among the first people taking them.

I have a fear of foreign things in my body.   I don’t like to take medicine if I think my immune system benefits from beating something on its own.   I read up and got my first shot as soon as I could.   It’s the right thing to do.

David in FL.... listen to this guy...

1 minute ago, imsys0042 said:

I genuinely applaud you for doing what you feel was the right thing for you to do.  
:beer:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Just now, David in FL said:

I genuinely applaud you for doing what you feel was the right thing for you to do.  
:beer:

Since you aren’t getting the shot, can you please put masks on those emojis?

—Adam

I get the fear about long term effects if you think about COVID as some magic novel never encountered virus but once you remember it is just a strain of the cold then it is hard to really believe the medical technology behind the vaccine is so poorly understood that it could lead to such issues.

• Administrator
35 minutes ago, David in FL said:

As long as it didn’t involve injecting something that we don’t understand the extent of the side affects yet...  🙂

Not Listening Fred Armisen GIF by IFC

29 minutes ago, imsys0042 said:

Have you read the science on this? Where are you getting your information? This isn’t like some random policy where there are different rules for different people. The same people who develop, produce and advocated for these vaccines were among the first people taking them.

I have a fear of foreign things in my body. I don’t like to take medicine if I think my immune system benefits from beating something on its own. I read up and got my first shot as soon as I could. It’s the right thing to do.

QFT.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, iacas said:

I didn't have to get tested at the NCAA National Championship (nor did one of my players) because we were both well beyond our two-weeks-post-second-shot date. We had to show proof, and then we got to skip the every-other-day testing that everyone else had to undergo.

Same deal here, basically.

Do you carry your vaccine card or just a picture of it on your phone?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

4 hours ago, iacas said:

Utterly ridiculous (as it was in PA last April) that golfers can't play golf in Ontario.

I agree. I think it was a different situation more than a year ago when we didn't know what we know now.

• Administrator
43 minutes ago, billchao said:

Do you carry your vaccine card or just a picture of it on your phone?

My card is at home in our safety box.

I only needed a photo at the NCAAs. And my regular ID (I used my school ID).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I had my first shot of the AZ a few weeks ago. I felt a fever coming on about 12 hours later, and spent about a day and half feeling like the poo.  After that it was pretty smooth sailing.

Of course, now Canada is looking to be in short supply of follow up shots with that vaccine, and the Pfizer became readily available about a week later.  That's my luck, but I'm glad that i at least have one shot so far.

Corey

7 hours ago, iacas said:

My card is at home in our safety box.

I only needed a photo at the NCAAs. And my regular ID (I used my school ID).

Did they want just the front or both sides? There really nothing on the back of mine.

10 hours ago, David in FL said:

So when you refused to take all the required vaccines for enlistment into the Marines, what did they say?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

18 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Did they want just the front or both sides? There really nothing on the back of mine.

So when you refused to take all the required vaccines for enlistment into the Marines, what did they say?

Have you read my previous posts?  

I’m not anti-vac at all.  Just waiting till we know more about this one.  

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

9 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Have you read my previous posts?  

I’m not anti-vac at all.  Just waiting till we know more about this one.  

You have all you need to know about the Pfizer, Moderna and J&J vaccines. The same methods to show efficacy and side effects for all other vaccines have been used on these. And these COVID-19 vaccines are showing to be more effective and have less side effects than previous vaccines. Please David, just get the vaccine.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave