IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

1 hour ago, iacas said:

@CarlSpackler, from the WHO:

The English version was updated on 20 October 2020

"The virus can spread from an infected person’s mouth or nose in small liquid particles when they cough, sneeze, speak, sing or breathe heavily. These liquid particles are different sizes, ranging from larger ‘respiratory droplets’ to smaller ‘aerosols’."

Here's another page that I had opened up earlier today:

89055.jpg

Aerosol experts say evidence doesn't add up for droplets being primary driver

In another week, science will say something else. I'm tired of trying to figure it out, so I've just been staying away from people as much as possible.

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, CarlSpackler said:

In another week, science will say something else. I'm tired of trying to figure it out, so I've just been staying away from people as much as possible.

Knowing this is spread through the air has been known for months. That is why there has been a big push to use masks. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

On 11/15/2020 at 10:01 AM, Ole Duffer said:

The virus is spread by mouth and nose, but mostly by rear ends.

😷

When we left our Florida home on April 16, not long after my last round of golf this year, there were 5 cases in the County, now there have been 4333.  When we got to our northern home on April 17, there were no cases yet.  Now there have been 988.

My wife's mother is 85, lives alone, but near lots of very close-knit family, in a rural area of mostly Denyers.  We do everything we can to keep people from visiting her, or her visiting others, unprotected.  One of her longtime friends, a friend to the family for 70 years, tested positive last week, got shipped off to a distant hospital, and died yesterday.  Everyone who was close to her, and who has now been tested, is positive.

Our nephew's wife's stepfather tested positive, got shipped off to the big city hospital, and died, alone.

There were no cases to speak of in that rural county until school started.  It is been football, and now basketball, like nothing's different.  Our school teacher ex-niece got it, and her fam now.  Our great-nephew, jr high bball player got it.  School's out this week because too many bus drivers have it.

But, the Thanksgiving get-together super spreader is still on.

That county is at 401 cases now, with a 19% positivity rate.

It's totally predictable that South Dakota's positivity rate is 60%.  Is not hard to see what the outcome of some events will be.

Funny, WalMart. where I've had all of our vehicles serviced for more than 20 years, refused to service of of them yesterday because the driver's window doesn't work (never has, but they always have serviced it before).  With my typical diplomacy . . . three managers, some common sense, and half hour discussion, they did, with the driver's side door open, the passenger window down, and the sunroof open.  If COVID gets worse, next time they can leave the hatch open, too.

😷

So, when my wife goes to visit her Mom tomorrow, I guess she will have to quarantine for 14 days when she gets back, before we can be together.  I believe that's the CDC guideline.

Man of the Year in Michigan 

• Administrator

This is what happens when we get cocky.

“Oh, see, it’s not that bad. Nobody gets it.”

Bam! Way more get it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

My wife had a migraine and runny nose on Saturday, we didnt think anything of it until her taste and smell went out on Monday. We both went and got tested Monday evening and we got the results back yesterday, both COVID positive. I have had 0 symptoms, hers have been general body aches, still the lack of taste and smell, slight nausea. Neither of us have had a fever, coughing or labored breathing. 

We believe she got it from her office, she is a CPA for a small company and they ended their WFH much sooner than other companies like myself who is still WFH. She had been going in 4 days a week since like July or August I think. 2 of her immediate coworkers are awaiting their test results with similar symptoms as my wife, and it was rumored that the entire C suite of her company has it as well.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

My 4-year old son has to quarantine until Sunday because there was a positive case in his class at preschool. Today, he woke up with minor sniffles and a minor cough. Normally, we wouldn't even have noticed the sniffles and the cough, because he has no fever and feels fine. But now, we're wondering if we should get him tested. Bad situation.

Edited by DeadMan

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

On 11/16/2020 at 12:24 PM, CarlSpackler said:

This is not my understanding. I have never read anything, of a scientific nature at least, that claims that COVID-19 is aerosolized.

On 11/16/2020 at 12:26 PM, iacas said:

If it's not aerosol-transmittable, that's better news for everyone, but more and more are saying it is.

From Tulane, U of Pittsburgh, USAMRIID, U of Texas Medical Branch, and NIH:

Persistence of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 in Aerosol Suspensions

Alyssa C. Fears; William B. Klimstra; Paul Duprex; Amy Hartman; Scott C. Weaver; Kenneth S. Plante; Divya Mirchandani; Jessica Ann Plante; Patricia V. Aguilar; Diana Fernández; Aysegul Nalca; Allison Totura; David Dyer; Brian Kearney; Matthew Lackemeyer; J. Kyle Bohannon; Reed Johnson; Robert F. Garry; Doug S. Reed; Chad J. Roy

DISCLOSURES 

Emerging Infectious Diseases. 2020;26(9):2168-2171.

Abstract

We aerosolized severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 and determined that its dynamic aerosol efficiency surpassed those of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus and Middle East respiratory syndrome. Although we performed experiment only once across several laboratories, our findings suggest retained infectivity and virion integrity for up to 16 hours in respirable-sized aerosols.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

On 11/19/2020 at 7:48 AM, DeadMan said:

My 4-year old son has to quarantine until Sunday because there was a positive case in his class at preschool. Today, he woke up with minor sniffles and a minor cough. Normally, we wouldn't even have noticed the sniffles and the cough, because he has no fever and feels fine. But now, we're wondering if we should get him tested. Bad situation.

Got him tested yesterday, and got the results this morning. He's negative. Phew.

-- Daniel

1 hour ago, DeadMan said:

Got him tested yesterday, and got the results this morning. He's negative. Phew.

Good news!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

6 hours ago, DeadMan said:

I can only imagine your relief.      

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

We live in a retirement community, so I'd say pretty much all of us here are in the higher-risk group. Is that going to stop these idiot people? Nope, a quarter of the residents are heading back to IL, WI, IA, MI, MN, and the rest of the Midwest states for the holidays. Another quarter of them have friends and family coming in from those states during the holidays. I guess I'll just hunker down, play golf, and stay in the house for the next month or so.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

On 11/19/2020 at 8:15 AM, klineka said:

we didnt think anything of it until her taste and smell went out o of her company has it as well.

If there is a more diplomatic way of saying this, pretend I said it that way, but, our ex-niece said she thought she had it when she couldn't smell her poop one morning.  She went to work (school teacher), and a co-worker ask if she could smell his cologne, and she couldn't.

14 days off, and lots of folks quarantining since she had worked the gate at the BB game.

19 hours ago, dennyjones said:

I can only imagine your relief.      

Yes, but I wasn’t all that worried. It was sniffles and a cough that you normally wouldn’t notice with a 4 year old. We were being extra careful. We wouldn’t have had him tested if he hadn’t been exposed at school. 

-- Daniel

• Administrator

I get that it sucks, but folks, don't travel and/or visit your family this Thanksgiving. Please.

Canada has done really well with COVID, and yet… after their Thanksgiving, the cases spiked fast.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

That's a testament to being safe.   But still there will be many people that will travel to see family this Thanksgiving.  With Michigan in a three week timeout to see if we can get the numbers down, Thanksgiving is going to really put the numbers in perspective.  If I was a big betting person, I'd wager big $$ that the temporary sequester in place will be extended.   

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

I actually know a few people who are going to Hawaii because the deals are too good to pass up. They said it is safe there. SMH. 

And we wonder why we are where we are today...

Edited by FlyingAce

27 minutes ago, FlyingAce said:

I actually know a few people who are going to Hawaii because the deals are too good to pass up. They said it is safe there. SMH. 

Way back when, before is took off in our northern-home-tourist-destination, people traveled to it because it was "so safe" there. 

Of course, they brought it with them.

&, regarding Hawaii:

Planning to fly to Hawaii for the holidays? Better make sure your negative COVID-19 results are in hand, and not just pending, before boarding your plane under a change to the state’s Safe Travels program announced Thursday, Nov. 19.

The moves come as Hawaii aims to tighten coronavirus restrictions before the holiday travel season. Under the modified Safe Travels program, which begins Tuesday, Nov. 24, arriving passengers must have already received their negative results before landing, or they will be required to quarantine for 14 days or the length of their stay, whichever is shorter. 

Edited by Ole Duffer