IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Ole Duffer said:

I'd like to post about golf, as I've been encouraged to do, but there isn't golf happening.

Yes, there is, and there are HBO topics, and topics about Patrick Reed, and topics about equipment, off-season practice plans, practice at home, speed training, etc.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Ole Duffer said:

I'd like to post about golf, as I've been encouraged to do, but there isn't golf happening.

Then post about baking cookies, cakes and candies.   You can ship them to Michigan.   I wouldn't mind.   

Is there an indoor range or a simulator near you?   Golf shop?   Even if you don't like the golf magazines, they would be beneficial during Covid times.  I'm rereading James Sieckmann's "Your short game solution".   There is always something golf related available.   If not, see the first line in my post!  😅

Edited by dennyjones

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

California recently announced anyone over 65 can get the vaccine now, pending availability. Both my parents (early 70s, but not over 75 yet) have an appointment to get jabbed next Tuesday, which is a big relief for me.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

On 1/4/2021 at 10:52 AM, iacas said:
229e3f66-8fc3-476d-8668-a23d41585cf0.jpg

The US Food and Drug Administration will meet this week to consider giving...

Sounds not great, but also:

So… we’ll see.

I do not mean to be disingenuous considering I am getting the vaccine before many others.

Also, I would give my spot if I were certain that it would go to someone who needs it more...there’s a chance it could be wasted. Rumor has it, too much of the first batch was wasted. So it’s my turn, I took it.

That being said, I would rather take the 100% vaccine and just do it right to begin with. I would also rather wait, and take the 100% dose.

Once they get this thing going, they will be pumping it out like hot cakes. For all that Americans are bad at (stopping the spread, cough cough) Mobilizing the vaccine is what we are good at.

Got my initial Moderna installment this afternoon and my wife got her second Pfizer one two weeks ago.  She and her docs felt a little icky the day after the second one, but not terrible.  I’ll let you know how it goes after my second one in 4 weeks. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

23 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

Got my initial Moderna installment this afternoon and my wife got her second Pfizer one two weeks ago.  She and her docs felt a little icky the day after the second one, but not terrible.  I’ll let you know how it goes after my second one in 4 weeks. 

Nice, good for you!

My wife felt just fine after her 1st shot and pretty bad after her 2nd Pfizer shot. Extreme cold, brain fog, aches.

She has an autoimmune disease, so it may bother her more than others.

2 minutes ago, Slim_Pivot said:

My wife felt just fine after her 1st shot and pretty bad after her 2nd Pfizer shot. Extreme cold, brain fog, aches.

One of my docs cancelled his clinic the day after his second Moderna and another his surgeries. I expect I’ll feel less than stellar, but manageable. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

5 minutes ago, Slim_Pivot said:

Nice, good for you!

She has an autoimmune disease, so it may bother her more than others.

That settles it. When my time comes for the vaccine I'm getting two 1st shots. Forget about that second one...

1 minute ago, Double Mocha Man said:

That settles it. When my time comes for the vaccine I'm getting two 1st shots. Forget about that second one...

HahahahH

-Jonny

4 hours ago, dennyjones said:

Then post about baking cookies, cakes and candies.   You can ship them to Michigan.   I wouldn't mind.   

Is there an indoor range or a simulator near you?   Golf shop?   Even if you don't like the golf magazines, they would be beneficial during Covid times.  I'm rereading James Sieckmann's "Your short game solution".   There is always something golf related available.   If not, see the first line in my post!  😅

👍

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On 1/14/2021 at 3:37 PM, dennyjones said:

Then post about baking cookies, cakes and candies.   

OK.  December 26, 7:00 AM, I was with the mob at WalMart, snarfing up the half-price Christmas Candy.  That's in my job description for the day after Easter and the day after Halloween, too. 

At Easter it's for those Brach's chocolate/marshmallow bunnies where you either bite their ears or legs off first.  Halloween is normally for bags of miniatures or what they call Harvest Corn, the way-too-surgery pieces of candy corn with the chocolate tops, instead of yellow.  As you can probably figure out, I bite the chocolate top off first

The best deal was the big bags of Hershey's miniatures, which include Mr. Goodbar, Krackel, milk chocolate, and dark chocolate.  Neither of us like dark chocolate, so I've sorted them out.  Do you have any recipes we could use them in?

I posted here because I did not find the baking or candy forum, and I wanted you to see it.

When I said there's no golf happening, I forgot that people on the internet don't really know what someone is really saying a lot of the time, and I meant is not happening for me, which to me seems most logical, because it would be most illogical that I would mean that there's no golf happening anywhere in any form.

Of course there is.

Heck Angel Cabrera just got arrested, so, there, there's some golf happening.

& there's golfers golfing in Hawaii, as I did with my BIL way-back-when, at Poipu Bay the month after Payne Stewart would have been in the Grand Slam.  It really moved me when I walked up to the clubhouse and the banner was still up, a they had left Payne's name on it.

I still have my Plus Fours, and tam-o-shanter, and sweater, and two-tone shoes in my locker.

Everyone stay safe, don't let your guard down, and don't expect to get a vaccine any time soon.  I have made a lot of contacts in the regard, but don't feel like I probably better be talking about COVID here.

😷

Edited by Ole Duffer

Man of the Year in Michigan 

I just signed up for a C-19 shot this coming wednesday. Being 65 I am in the early wave of eligibility. 

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

29 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

I just signed up for a C-19 shot this coming wednesday. Being 65 I am in the early wave of eligibility. 

You're lucky if you actually get it.

Most are just get false information.

Man of the Year in Michigan 

47 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

Let us know how it goes.  Especially let us know your feelings (physical and mental) after your 2nd shot.

Of my close family, my mother-in-law, brother-in-law, and mom have all gotten the vaccine so far. My MIL and BIL work in health care, and then my mom got the vaccine because she's 70. It's great for my family, even though my father-in-law and father are both higher risk than the other 3 and haven't had the vaccine yet.

It feels like we're making progress and there's some light at the end of the tunnel. Still a long way to go, though.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

5 hours ago, Ole Duffer said:

You're lucky if you actually get it.

No false info here, as the 1st wave already got theirs. I am in the 2nd wave of vaccinations in a nationally ranked medical system.

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Ole Duffer said:

I think the only false information here is that post of yours. 😛

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets