IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

Got our shots tonight. Moderna vaccine and already scheduled for the follow up shot. Man, but they had things dialed in. Very slick operation and all went well. Many thanks to the folks around the country working these clinics!

Except... major side effect! When I went in I had a full head of dark brown hair and when I got home and looked in the mirror imagine my surprise when I saw that what was left of my hair was grey!  Ha!

Seriously, no side effects from this shot for me - not even a sore arm!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Zippo said:

Except... major side effect! When I went in I had a full head of dark brown hair and when I got home and looked in the mirror imagine my surprise when I saw that what was left of my hair was grey!  Ha!

That happens to me every morning!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 hours ago, Zippo said:

Got our shots tonight. Moderna vaccine and already scheduled for the follow up shot. Man, but they had things dialed in. Very slick operation and all went well. Many thanks to the folks around the country working these clinics!

Seriously, no side effects from this shot for me - not even a sore arm!

Hey that's great to hear. I signed up for mine. They told me I'm so far down the list the won't even give me an approximate date as to when I would get the first shot.... might not be this year. 

My job isn't considered essential. I beg to differ, but I get what they mean.
My health is too good. Again, I get what they mean.
At 50 years old, I'm not considered any kind of high risk. So, I don't fit into any of the categories they are scheduling right now. 

So basically they told me don't call us, we'll call you. 

I'm not complaining really. I get it. 

Dana Farber called my mother and told her they will give her the vaccine. This is where she did her cancer treatments last year. She was pleased because she didn’t want to go to Gillette Stadium where the mass vaccinations are happening.

4 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Dana Farber called my mother and told her they will give her the vaccine. This is where she did her cancer treatments last year. She was pleased because she didn’t want to go to Gillette Stadium where the mass vaccinations are happening.

Based on the Pats season, I thought they only served estrogen at Gillette stadium.

Just now, Golfcartdriver said:

Based on the Pats season, I thought they only served estrogen at Gillette stadium.

😜

11 minutes ago, Golfcartdriver said:

What a deflating thought...

I hope I get to get the vaccine soon.

The metro-Atlanta county school superintendents - mine in Gwinnett included - sent a letter asking that teachers move into the 1-A category.  Of course, I have no doubt that it's more about keeping the schools open, than actually protecting the teachers.  And now, with the CDC's new recommendations about schools will drive the narrative that we should be fully face to face.  Currently, I have two classes that have so many in person students that it is utterly impossible to keep students anywhere near six feet apart.

Cases are actually dropping in my area. So much so that they had a Covid floor changed back to normal patient care last week. That's a significant improvement.

Edit:

Maybe not total positive cases but in house patient numbers have dropped. I'll word it that way

3 minutes ago, The Flush said:

I got my second COVID chip injected today.

Let us know if you feel any different.

52 minutes ago, The Flush said:

We will be checking the GPS readout off your chip to see how often you play golf.

1 hour ago, Golfcartdriver said:

It seems that athletes who came back from covid had a bump in their game.

Makes me want to get Covid...

20 hours ago, The Flush said:

Second chip was programmed similar to the first. About 8 hours after injection I started getting the chills and was shivering a lot. A couple hours later I woke up and was just burning up. And then I woke up this morning with a splitting headache. My arm still hurts a little bit, but it is very tolerable. Headache is not quite as bad after some Tylenol.  They would have given me the day off work, but I have stuff I need to get done today so I came in to the office.