• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrator
GettyImages-1164571026-1024x576.jpg

The one-dose vaccine cleared thresholds originally set by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for a vaccine to be considered useful.

The FDA set a goal of 50%, so this is still well above that, even in South Africa. In the U.S. it was 72%, and 85% against severe cases, with no deaths and almost no hospitalizations (or none, I forget).

This is one shot, too.

Might be the type of shot for more average people to get, those not elderly or at high risk.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

12 minutes ago, iacas said:
GettyImages-1164571026-1024x576.jpg

The one-dose vaccine cleared thresholds originally set by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for a vaccine to be considered useful.

The FDA set a goal of 50%, so this is still well above that, even in South Africa. In the U.S. it was 72%, and 85% against severe cases, with no deaths and almost no hospitalizations (or none, I forget).

This is one shot, too.

Might be the type of shot for more average people to get, those not elderly or at high risk.

My Doctor and I discussed the vaccine at my physical. Getting 90+% with the first two vaccines was incredible per him. They are happy with 60-70% for the flu.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 minute ago, boogielicious said:

My Doctor and I discussed the vaccine at my physical. Getting 90+% with the first two vaccines was incredible per him. They are happy with 60-70% for the flu.

Yea, i don't think people will see how amazing this vaccine is and the timeframe they did it in. Its a shame. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I read people over 75 have a 13.8% mortality from covid.

GettyImages-1225940179_web.jpg?resize=12

And that's why I'm not going outside, says Antonio Regalado.

My cohorts, allogeneic (not your own cells) bone marrow transplant patient on immune suppression have a 32% 30 day mortality rate after getting covid.  Yet I can't get the vaccine, I'm 63 and need to be over 65 in CA to get the vaccine.  they are predicting my group will get it sometime around June.

In the third paragraph:  "At 30 days after the diagnosis of COVID-19, overall survival was 68% (95% CI 58–77) for recipients of allogeneic HSCT "

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanhae/article/PIIS2352-3026(20)30429-4/fulltext

Edited by No Mulligans

10 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Yea, i don't think people will see how amazing this vaccine is and the timeframe they did it in. Its a shame. 

I think I read that the flu shot in 2019 was 45%. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator

My wife and I signed up, through a local health care college, for vaccines in early March.

We had to self-select what category we're in, and as a teacher, she selected 1B, and selected the same for me as I'm on the Penn State branch college faculty, and I interact with a number of kids.

My understanding is that they review each of the applications, and even though we have a date and time assigned to receive the vaccine, we can be bumped out of that spot if we're not in the group we chose, or whatever.

But, it will be interesting to see how this plays out. No emails were sent, and I'm not even certain it was a totally valid thing.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

At age 65, I fall into Category 1B here in Virginia.  I just signed up with Fairfax County, immediately got a text and email confirming that I had submitted my information.  Apparently I'll get a call or email to actually schedule my appointment.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Coworker's father passed from COVID last night just a few months after her mother died from non-COVID causes. She couldn't be with either one of them.

War Eagle!

1200x630-vit-d.jpg

Expectations for vitamin D and COVID-19

Put another way, patients not treated with vitamin D had 33.3 times the risk of ICU admission compared to patients treated with vitamin D.  And if you want further commentary on the importance of RCTs to distinguish signal from noise on issues like this, my conversation with Vinay Prasad gets to the heart of the matter.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

27 minutes ago, colin007 said:

So the UK variant, is it really 30% more deadly????? Seems to be what Boris Johnson is claiming?

Good thing to do, actually google the headline and look for scientific backing. 

coronavirus_london_hospital_nhs_jan_2021

The new UK variant of SARS-CoV-2 may be associated with an increased risk of death, emerging data are suggesting. In a briefing paper published on 22 January the government’s New and Emerging Respiratory Virus...

The prime minister, Boris Johnson, referred to the data at a Downing Street press briefing on 22 January, where the government’s chief scientific adviser, Patrick Vallance, said that the preliminary analyses suggested that in every 1000 men aged 60 years who were infected with the new variant 13 or 14 might be expected to die, compared with 10 in 1000 infected with the original variant.

So, looks like 30% more in mortality rate for men over the age of 60. Its still to soon to make concrete claims on this. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Just reading a news article were local police busted an illegal lounge/bar / restaurant. 77 people in a penthouse apartment. Menus, bar, tables. Third party in two weeks. Locals called it in.

No mask, no distancing. Complete disregard of any health laws/rules/suggestions.

Sorry...Buy 20 bottles, a few bags of weed, stay home and get loaded, if thats what you want. 

F-----g idiots. 

• Administrator

Oh goodness, Florida.

23 minutes ago, iacas said:

Oh goodness, Florida.

Wow!  That's shocking how many are not wearing a mask.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Ever feel like you are in a whirlpool and you are on the verge of going under.  The missus came home last Fri from her school where she teaches totally drained, went to bed thinking her sinuses were the reason (she deals with allergies and such all the time).  Fast forward to last night - she loses all sense of smell.  Gets tested today - if positive, we quarantine.  Sad thing - NC's governor wants all schools to go back to in person teaching, but won't push to have all the teachers vaccinated first....go figure.  Like I said the whirlpool is spinning faster and faster.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Oh goodness, Florida.

Flordia?

I wonder how many “medical exemptions” are supratentorial in nature?

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4