IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

1 minute ago, ChetlovesMer said:

"We will put you on the list, but don't expect to get vaccinated until 2021."  

2021? That's this year.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Yeah, I signed up. Of course when I did I asked when can I expect to get one. They asked me 3 questions. "How old are you?", "Do you have any of these conditions?", "Do you work an essential job?" (I swear to Christ they said "Do you work an essential job?" I felt kind of insulted, but I said "No, my job isn't essential.") 

Anyhow, their response was "We will put you on the list, but don't expect to get vaccinated until 2021."  

Wow!  You might need to adopt a different state.

1 minute ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Wow!  You might need to adopt a different state.

I'm hoping things change. My folks said that even Illinois' news broadcasts are mocking Ohio for being the slowest state to roll out vaccinations. MSN put us dead last in vaccination roll-out just last week. Hopefully, the powers that be here in Ohio are taking note and getting their shit together. 

Although, the governor did say that he doesn't want to vaccinate anyone under the age of 65 (unless they are a teacher) until at least next month. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Sheesh. I mean, that's just wrong. Once the FDA approves the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, they are projected to have 100M doses by the summer. When you add that to the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, that should be enough to vaccinate everybody in the US in the summer. 

I guess Ohio is really the worst state in the union...

MPU-NavyTriblend_1_800x.jpg?v=1569540207

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

8 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

Sheesh. I mean, that's just wrong. Once the FDA approves the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, they are projected to have 100M doses by the summer. When you add that to the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, that should be enough to vaccinate everybody in the US in the summer. 

I guess Ohio is really the worst state in the union...

MPU-NavyTriblend_1_800x.jpg?v=1569540207

Again, I'm hoping things change. 
Lots of things in Ohio have changed.... Like the Browns and Bengals used to suck..... 🥴

The newspaper here in mid-Michigan is reporting that almost 25% of the state population isn't planning on getting the vaccine.   If that's the case, I should be almost next in line but alas... I've signed up at two different sites and it looks like quite a wait.     Heck the nursing homes just recently received their first dose.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

If this is true. It pisses me off.

00covid-doctor-1-videoSixteenByNine3000.

Ten doses of the Covid-19 vaccine would expire within hours, so a Houston doctor gave it to people with medical conditions, including his wife. What followed was “the lowest moment in my life,” Dr. Hasan Gokal said.

I've heard this dozens of times. That they throw away doses if people don't show or if they don't have enough "eligible" people to get the shot. Come on folks get the shots into people's arm already! 

39 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

If this is true. It pisses me off.

00covid-doctor-1-videoSixteenByNine3000.

Ten doses of the Covid-19 vaccine would expire within hours, so a Houston doctor gave it to people with medical conditions, including his wife. What followed was “the lowest moment in my life,” Dr. Hasan Gokal said.

I've heard this dozens of times. That they throw away doses if people don't show or if they don't have enough "eligible" people to get the shot. Come on folks get the shots into people's arm already! 

Yep, he's a hero.  Most people would not have taken the time or made the effort.  His only sin was using his cell phone to call contacts while driving...

I got my 2nd Pfizer vaccination yesterday, so I am fully vaccinated. I feel fortunate to have gotten mine. The only symptom I had was a sore arm, I should have taken a tylenol before bedtime as it kept me up a bit. Feel great today, over a day later.

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

9 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Cool. Good for you. 

My folks live in Illinois and they got there's too. They said they had no ill effects at all. Even my mom, who is seemingly allergic to everything, said her arm was a little sore, but no more so than any other "shot" she's ever received. 

Here in Ohio they are still telling us that if you under the age of 65, reasonably healthy and do not work in an "essential" job, you should not expect to get one this year. .... ARRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By time I get a vaccination the virus will have mutated so many times, it will likely be completely irrelevant. It will be like getting vaccinated for the Bubonic Plague. 

Dr Fauci is suggesting that by April:

Fauci: April should be 'open season' for vaccinations | TheHill

2 hours ago, Golfcartdriver said:

Fauchi lol.

Spelling LOL. Probably says all that is needed to know about what is  apparently a criticism of a world leader in his field from one of your first posts. LOL.

Edited by Shorty

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

On 2/11/2021 at 1:23 AM, iacas said:

Australia, being an island, had a MUCH easier time dealing with this whole thing.

Obviously a huge factor, but as the article says, it's more about having a population that generally treats Covid 19 as a health issue and not a political one. People have had to quarantine in hotels at their own expense when travelling between states much of the time - in both directions. We have genome tracking and people have to sign in to many establishments and be tracked. Most Australians are happy to do this. I do it at golf, the gym, the pool, restaurants and cafes.

In many countries there is a fear of "Big Brother" and people would see this is an infringement of civil liberties. (But they're happy to be tracked by Google or Facebook).

Also, there have been recent cases where one case has forced cities into a week long lock down.

Even today, where the tennis is being held, in Melbourne, they have had to go back into lockdown.

We are doing well, but it has been with the help of an unpopular government (for other reasons) which came down very hard very early and people who were prepared to do the right thing.

BTW, we have not had ANY vaccinations yet. Hopefully very soon we start.

FUN FACT about the Australian Open tennis.

Players had to quarantine for a fortnight but every player in the main draw gets A$100,000 for a first round loss.

A$80 million total prizemoney.

covid-safe-check-in-wilpena_0.jpg

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I received first shot on Jan 30. Second is coming Feb 27. My buddy (a cop) is expected to get his soon, and at least one other of the potential foursome received his on Feb 2, so we're starting to plan a Myrtle golf trip in May. Hopefully will fill a foursome. We put it off twice last year because golf is of course* not the only part of the fun on a guy's golf trip. It's having great food, drinks, and hanging out at a bar and taking $10 a game from everyone else playing pool. Light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully about to permanently wrap up what I would easily call the worst year of my life.

*That's right.

Edited by Aguirre

"Witty golf quote."

I just got a phone call. Recorded message starting with the phrase "Don't hang up...." 

Apparently, if I want to I can pay $100 to move my name to the top of the list to receive a COVID vaccination. If I pay $160 I can move my entire family up. 

I think there's a special place in Hell for the folks who run these scams. 

So out of pure curiosity, for everyone who is so anxious to get the COVID shot(s), how many of you have volunteered for free clinical trials/studies in the past?  My guess would be a very small amount, so i'm really curious on why this is different in your mind?

This is not meant to be argumentative, just really curious how everyone views this, especially if you have not, or would not, sign up for other free clinical trials/studies.

And no, I am not in a hurry or plan to get these shots anytime soon.

Gus
---------------

• Administrator

This isn't anything like a clinical trial.

When it's your time, get your shot.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets