Jump to content
phedrick

Evil Club of Hate

26 posts / 1347 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

Evil club of hate.... I have one, do you? For me it is my fairway. It hates me. Sometimes it acts like it is my best friend, other times not so much. At times it hits sweet and true, and says 'who loves you baby?'. The next time out it shows me the middle finger.... <sigh>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lately, it seems like every club in my bag …  🥵
But hey, it's only March. By the end of April, they will all be showing a lot of LUV … :whistle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, Club Rat said:

But hey, it's only March. By the end of April, they will all be showing a lot of LUV … :whistle:

I love your optimism!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Right now it's my 5 iron since I only hit it one yard farther than my 6 iron.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hybrid, hands down. It goes the right distance, but in every direction imaginable. Most of the time my 3 iron or 4W is a much safer bet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My driver! I don't understand, I go to the range and hit it well but when I play on grass, like I did yesterday, it fails me. Had to resort to my 3W for most of the game. Putting also suffered but that is because of lack of playing lately. But it was good to get out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SW or LW pitch shots, the feel shots.  I developed numbness and no feel in my left hand and arm.  It is like I have the yips or something.  I have no idea where the clubface is and my brain freaks out.  I truly suck.  Horrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I played a around today. I decided to give my 'Evil club of hate' a try.  It was going really well.  She/He/It was playing nice with me.... UNTIL it came down to a point where I might break a personal record..... You fool, you fool, you silly fool..... SHOULD have known better...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pitching wedge, always the pitching wedge. I can’t even begin to count how many extra shots that satan possessed  club has cost me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Today I replaced my Evil Club of Hate.  I went to my local pro shop and tried out 4 different fairways.  Looking forward to my next round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, phedrick said:

Today I replaced my Evil Club of Hate.  I went to my local pro shop and tried out 4 different fairways.  Looking forward to my next round.

You should be looking forward to your next ECoH!!! Just kidding of course. Hopefully your whole bag feels great with this change, and grats on the new club!

Edited by Bonvivant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't know how to hit my 5-iron.  I cannot find the middle of that club to save my life.  I gave up on it and either go aggressively after a 6 or lay off a 4.  I am baffled why I am so much more comfortable with a 4-iron in my hands.

Me and my 3-wood have a little conversation whenever it first comes out of the bag in a round that goes a little like this.  "Ok, I don't like you and you don't like me.  But this isn't about us.  We both have a job to do here and let's not let it get personal today."  The ensuing shot usually tells me whether or not it's worth bringing out again for the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, onkey said:

I don't know how to hit my 5-iron.  I cannot find the middle of that club to save my life.  I gave up on it and either go aggressively after a 6 or lay off a 4.  I am baffled why I am so much more comfortable with a 4-iron in my hands.

A suggestion but this would require you to have somebody you trust as a caddie.  When you ask for a 4 or 6 iron, they would give you a 5 iron and you wouldn't check the number at the bottom of the club.  It seems entirely psychological to me and after a few rounds you should be OK.

The other option is to go to a range and just hit a couple of hundred balls with the 5 iron only.  Nothing else.  Hopefully muscle memory will improve the strike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, pganapathy said:

A suggestion but this would require you to have somebody you trust as a caddie.  When you ask for a 4 or 6 iron, they would give you a 5 iron and you wouldn't check the number at the bottom of the club.  It seems entirely psychological to me and after a few rounds you should be OK.

The other option is to go to a range and just hit a couple of hundred balls with the 5 iron only.  Nothing else.  Hopefully muscle memory will improve the strike

Oh, there is no doubt that it is entirely psychological.  Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...