IGNORED

30-Day (Was COVID) Practice Plan Challenge - April 1-30 2020

Note: This thread is 751 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

43 minutes ago, Nail said:

Day 10. This is the first drill I’m really struggling with. For the past year or so I’ve been trying to stop my hips swaying back on the backswing by doing the wall drill recommended by Erik. My right heel would lift off the ground and I would get all my weight on my trail leg. 
For whatever reason this drill seems to make me sway back again(maybe it’s supposed to) I don’t feel comfortable with it at all. I see my right foot lifting again etc. 
I also found it hard to find a trigger, the best I could find was a slight forward press of the club. 
Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying there is anything wrong with this lesson, I’m just struggling big time with it

This should say my left heel is lifting not my right heel. I cant seem to edit the post

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm going to have to be really careful with this drill. My priority piece right now is actually minimizing the flow in my swing. I have been overdoing this. This is might a drill I only do once.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 2 - I noticed I am dipping.  Also, this is a big stretch for me to the point of a tight strech at the top of the back swing, maybe I'll add this to my morning stretching routine.

And, thanks @iacas.  Very generous.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thank you, @Nail, @klinekaand @No Mulligans -- I appreciate it. 

• Like 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Little windier than I thought today:

Anyways, after that, here's a video of the drills. First drill:

And second and third drill:

Tried not to go to overboard with these because I'm working on minimizing this flow move in my swing.

• Thumbs Up 1

-- Daniel

5 hours ago, Nail said:

How far do you drive the ball mate? You look like you generate a lot of speed. 

2E4229BF-5754-441C-9B5A-70305C561FA5.jpeg

This is from my last session on Trackman about a month ago. The swing needs work and I don’t launch the ball high enough.

• Like 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

31 minutes ago, billchao said:

This is from my last session on Trackman about a month ago. The swing needs work and I don’t launch the ball high enough.

4.5 on the up and an 11 launch angle seems good to me

Day 10. We actually do this drill in the summers with our juniors so I have done it a lot. Good drill.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

38 minutes ago, Nail said:

4.5 on the up and an 11 launch angle seems good to me

It's good, but it could be marginally better. Those numbers are a product of having a fitted driver for the first time in my life which I think made a big difference.

Day 10:

I'm triggered 😜

J/K, I liked this drill a lot.

I think I have a lot of flow in my swing naturally, probably a little too much. My normal trigger is a little forward press and I think I exaggerated it too much here. Normally I just stay fluid and loose right before the takeaway and the forward press thing just kind of happens.

• Like 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Nail said:

Day 10. This is the first drill I’m really struggling with.

Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying there is anything wrong with this lesson, I’m just struggling big time with it

Not every drill will click with everyone, but ideally most are "good" drills to do. Keep at it - it's tough to give you advice from DL (I know you can only really film from that angle?).

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I feel a bit like the Treadstone Assassins in the Jason Bourne movies waiting for instructions. Erik posts and I jump to it! Lastly, it was really windy. I had to give the tripod some ballast.

Fortunately I won't be asking you to murder anyone. Not until Day 16.

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Lastly, it was really windy. I had to give the tripod some ballast.

That's what the hook on the bottom of the tripod column is for. Many people don't seem to realize it's for hanging a sand bag or something.

2 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

I like the analogy of bathwater and waves. I will have to try these.

Would a rubber ducky be helpful? 😝

Of course!

sesame street television GIF

2 hours ago, DeadMan said:

I'm going to have to be really careful with this drill. My priority piece right now is actually minimizing the flow in my swing. I have been overdoing this. This is might a drill I only do once.

Okay. See below.

1 hour ago, No Mulligans said:

And, thanks @iacas.  Very generous.

Happy to do them.

If you haven't already, consider buying these:

But… I'm doing 30 days of these videos either way. 🙂

1 hour ago, DeadMan said:

Tried not to go to overboard with these because I'm working on minimizing this flow move in my swing.

Daniel, you're stepping back too late. You have to step back much earlier, as this is almost where you should be flowing forward:

image.png

21 minutes ago, NM Golf said:

Day 10. We actually do this drill in the summers with our juniors so I have done it a lot. Good drill.

Well done.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Not every drill will click with everyone, but ideally most are "good" drills to do. Keep at it - it's tough to give you advice from DL (I know you can only really film from that angle

Ya I can only film hitting a ball or makeshift ball from that angle. I’m sure it’s a good drill. I’m probably just not getting it. I have an awful problem with fat iron shots (my biggest miss). I feel with this drill my weight gets back more than ever. 

3 minutes ago, Nail said:

Ya I can only film hitting a ball or makeshift ball from that angle. I’m sure it’s a good drill. I’m probably just not getting it. I have an awful problem with fat iron shots (my biggest miss). I feel with this drill my weight gets back more than ever. 

Hit a crumpled up piece of paper or something. If fat shots are your biggest miss, this drill would help with that, so it's definitely important to get a FO view to see what you're doing.

Bill

My Swing Thread

7 minutes ago, billchao said:

Hit a crumpled up piece of paper or something. If fat shots are your biggest miss, this drill would help with that, so it's definitely important to get a FO view to see what you're doing.

I am doing that in the video, they are newspaper wrapped in sellotape 😂, even they would go into the next door neighbours yard. I'll keep trying I think. 

16 minutes ago, Nail said:

I am doing that in the video, they are newspaper wrapped in sellotape 😂, even they would go into the next door neighbours yard. I'll keep trying I think. 

Loosely crumpled piece of paper with no wrapping. You don't need to wrap it in anything, as that would make it travel farther. The idea is just so that there is an object that you're trying to hit with the clubhead.

Use one of your chairs as a backstop or something.

Edit: I got it! Use a crumpled up piece of paper currency. That way your neighbor won't complain too much if it ends up in their yard 😉

• Like 1

Bill

My Swing Thread

5 minutes ago, billchao said:

Loosely crumpled piece of paper with no wrapping. You don't need to wrap it in anything, as that would make it travel farther. The idea is just so that there is an object that you're trying to hit with the clubhead.

Use one of your chairs as a backstop or something.

Will do, good idea

On 4/7/2020 at 8:35 PM, Bonvivant said:

Been slacking in my filming, but keeping up on practice. I just watched a very long live stream the TXG guys did with some coach on short game before you posted the short game stuff. Learning that on a good pitch shot you can actually hit 3-5 inches behind the ball and still get lovely eye contact was eye opening for me. So much to learn, so little time. Loved today's

Hey man, I noticed you haven't posted a video in a while. Still keeping up with these drills?

15 hours ago, Shindig said:

If you get a moment, can you take a look and see if this looks improved?

Your grip is very palmy. The shaft is almost in line with your right forearm at address. I'm assuming it's weak, too, if the face is wide open with a flat left wrist. You should get a FO view of your grip and see what that looks like.

I think you should revisit this thread:

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

Bill

My Swing Thread

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Daniel, you're stepping back too late. You have to step back much earlier, as this is almost where you should be flowing forward:

image.png

Got it. This is almost exactly the fault I'm working on fixing, too. I don't finish the flow move early enough in my backswing.

-- Daniel

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, Nail said:

Will do, good idea

Can you not just put the camera face on but hit in the same direction?

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 751 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!