IGNORED

30-Day (Was COVID) Practice Plan Challenge - April 1-30 2020

Note: This thread is 778 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

9 hours ago, Shindig said:

Thanks for the observation.  Believe it or not, that thread is where I went when I got the instructions to revisit my grip.  I think it's clear I'm not doing it right this iteration either.  I took video a moment ago of me taking my grip, although I moved around (in ways I don't when I take my grip when swinging) in hopes that the camera can pick up more angles of what I'm doing.  

If someone can point out what I'm doing wrong, I'd greatly appreciate it.  

Keep at it mate, looks improved, you might want to maybe wrap that right index finger around the shaft a bit more. It should be a little seperated from the other fingers but not pointing down as much I think👍

9 hours ago, SteveH said:

I struggled with the step forward part of this more than anything else

Hi Steve you might want to watch Eriks video again, you are not starting with your club target side of the ball and not giving a little swing forward first. 

7 hours ago, Sammydreep said:

Only paper balls unfortunately. 

Also, not windy but I’ve got it covered,

My ‘tripod’

image.jpeg

The same as I said to SteveH above in Eriks vid he does a little forward swing first, you dont appear to be doing that

• Informative 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thank you for making these videos, they are fantastic.  At each drill you talk about swing flaws that it can address, and I can confirm I have every single flaw in every video you've made so far, so it hits very close to home.

Can't wait for more!

• Administrator

Day 11 – Putting Pendulum

Many, many, many golfers swing the putter head back about the same distance regardless of whether they have a ten-foot putt or a forty-foot putt. Today’s very quick lesson and drill will help you develop a putting stroke that is like that of a pendulum in one important way: the backswing length closely matches the follow-through length.

Amateurs do one thing more than almost everything else, so today’s list is very short:

• Make a short backswing, accelerating through the ball.

It’s tough to blame them, however, given the many, many times they’ve likely heard that they “decelerated” through the putt, or didn’t accelerate through the putt. Turns out they’ve heard some BAD information.

Watch this:

What was he talking about?

This post:

and this post:

Because today’s drill is so simple, read those posts! It’s part of your assignment today. Understand why you’re trying to do this drill:

That drill is:

• 8:00 – Different length putts matching backswing and follow-through length

Again, read the links above. Otherwise, what are you even doing here?

Video:

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

This will address the worst part of my game...lag putting. As I have been known to three-putt 4-5 times in a single round once in a while, gonna try to get to a practice green today to work on this and get a sense as to my distances for a 6”, 12”, 18”, 2ft “hemi-pendulum” (just copyrighted that term). While I realize this will change at each course due to variation in stimps, it’s prob a good Pre-round habit to get into when I get a course to give me a ballpark on my backswing length/ball distance  correlation. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Nail said:

Here it is, still feels weird but getting used to the fact it’s a drill and not a proper full swing, I felt like I lost control so was worried.

How important is finding a trigger btw, do all pro’s have one? I’m struggling to find one. 

a) I think you're being too hard on yourself. That's not poorly done.

b) Yeah, pretty much. For some they just "stay in motion" a little, but it's tough to go from a standstill to motion. Your "trigger" might be as simple as starting to breathe out… you know?

• Like 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

12 minutes ago, iacas said:

a) I think you're being too hard on yourself. That's not poorly done.

b) Yeah, pretty much. For some they just "stay in motion" a little, but it's tough to go from a standstill to motion. Your "trigger" might be as simple as starting to breathe out… you know?

Ya I get you. I noticed practicing today  that I like to start on an outward breath so maybe that would do. I definitely always do a very small forward press. 

Here is day 11

• Thumbs Up 1

This one goes to 11.

I was a little long on the first one. I did this several times. Someday I will get to do it on a real green.

• Like 2

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 4 - Lead writst conditions

The top of the backswing and the transition to the downswing has been a recurring problem for me and is something I work on.  This is a good drill for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 10

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I much prefer this method of putting as opposed to the short backswing-accelerate that seems to be quite common.  I even have "short>" written on my putter to try to remind me. I do tend to decelerate though, so will have to practice more on the pendulum swing.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator
1 hour ago, No Mulligans said:

Day 5 - Delivering the clubhead.  Not sure if I'm too much towards square with my hips and shoulders at impact.

A bit. You could get more weight forward on that "downswing" too.

• Thumbs Up 1

(edited)

Day 11- putting pendulums

no video. Went to course where I could see how length of pendulums correlated to distance control. So, I REALLY sucked in my distance control, but the equidistant pendulum motion was producing repeatable length putts and after a while, I could start getting closer with predictability as I got a feel for how a 9” backswing vs 18” swing went, etc.

It was very apparent I was used to popping at the ball or even flipping at it for longer putts as that was my initial tendency

Time spent: 45 mins

Edited by woodzie264
  • Like 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 11. In the video I did the shortest, then the longest, then the middle twice.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Note: This thread is 778 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!