IGNORED

30-Day (Was COVID) Practice Plan Challenge - April 1-30 2020

Note: This thread is 778 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Day 10 videos are below.  No where as  smooth as I "thought" was in the swing process, but I know I am on a steep learning curve with this 30 day plan.  I am so thankful to have said "I'm in" even though this has been like Stallone hanging by his fingertips at the opening of Cliffhanger - except he "knew" what he was doing and I am finding out just how "weak" my skills are. 

On a fun note - got to return to the course yesterday with the Mrs, son and grandson  - and I had opportunity to work on areas that have been part of the 30 day plan.  I am excited to feel "the pain",  i.e. muscles telling me "thanks for using me again", to see ball strikes more consistent, pitches/chips landing solidly on the green, missed putts lagging well (w/in 2' of the hole), drives going farther.

Day10-1 - (back and back/front step drill)....

Day 10-2 (trying to find my "trigger point")....

Looking forward to posting the putt drill - l love it.....

• Thumbs Up 1

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 11:

I wasn’t quite sure how to set this up because I putt with the ball forward of center, so I lined up the stick to the center of my stance.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Day 11 done. No video, I didn't think I would like this drill as much as I actually ended up liking it. Was actually a really nice drill for me especially for the balls closest together. I can hardly wait to actually have a practice green to try this again.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

I went out and put the putting practice to work for a 9 hole practice round with a couple of balls this afternoon. Liking it so far. The other drills are helping too, aside from a couple of misses I only chunked one short chip and bladed another all afternoon.  All my full shots were solid.

• Like 1

Day 11

Enjoyed the concept in this drill. Did it in my living room with a book blocking the roll of the ball. I’ve always putted with the ball a bit forward to hit slightly on the upstroke, but never really thought about acceleration or deceleration, just used instinct for how to stroke the ball without any thought of mechanics. Distance control outside 20 feet is hard for me and I think this will be helpful. Wish there were some courses open with putting greens so I could put this concept into action.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• Administrator

Day 12 - Trail Arm Throwing

Today's drill builds upon two previous drills: the trail elbow work from Day 3 and the Flow work from Day 10. This drill builds upon some natural athleticism (so, let’s hope you have some! Ha ha) to further ingrain the feelings of how the trail elbow work during the backswing and downswing and how the body moves to build momentum and flow.

We've covered the flaws of golfers in those previous lessons, so I won’t repeat the list here, but suffice to say flaws with the trail elbow and body flow tend to be among the toughest for golfers to fix, and the most prevalent.

The drill for today is simple:

• 8:00 – Practice good flow while using your trail arm to simulate tossing a club.

Video:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 11 drill - love this drill.  It amplifies what I've been working on in that I "purpose" to start and end the putt equidistant from the strike point.  In my most recent round I worked on this style of putting - great lags in that the misses were less than 2'.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 12 - This drill is very similar to a warm up I d with just a shaft with lead tape on the end. I do that one with both arms to get loose.

First, I repeated the Day 10 motions again. Then I did the drill three times filming the last two. I start off easy to make sure I would injure these old bones.

• Like 3

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 12:

I threw a golf ball, then did the throwing motion with a 6i.

5 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Day 12 - This drill is very similar to a warm up I d with just a shaft with lead tape on the end. I do that one with both arms to get loose.

First, I repeated the Day 10 motions again. Then I did the drill three times filming the last two. I start off easy to make sure I would injure these old bones.

These drills are really giving you some speed towards the end of the video :-D

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

1 minute ago, billchao said:

These drills are really giving you some speed towards the end of the video :-D

I had to throw the heat with all those Yankees coming to the plate!

Scott

My Swing Thread

5 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I had to throw the heat with all those Yankees coming to the plate!

They crush fastballs at any speed. Gotta throw a slider, watch them whiff right over the top of it. It's as if their paychecks aren't dependent on pitch recognition.

Bill

My Swing Thread

Just now, billchao said:

They crush fastballs at any speed. Gotta throw a slider, watch them whiff right over the top of it. It's as if their paychecks aren't dependent on pitch recognition.

Rory has got this drill down.

• Upvote 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

9 minutes ago, billchao said:

Let me tell you Bill, more Mariner paychecks are less dependent on pitch recognition than are Yankees.

Labelled the video, but this is Day 12

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 12 - throwing trail arm

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

I quite like this drill, feels very natural to throw the club like that. Took a few swings after with both hands on the club and with that feeling I was generating a lot of speed. I don’t know what it would be like with a ball but it felt good. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Ooooh, orange! Now I'm thinking of the REM song.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

On 4/10/2020 at 1:08 PM, mvmac said:

Anyone who follows my swing thread knows I've been implementing these kind of drills into my practice and really like them. Love the feel and response it gives me up my trail side.

The right foot step one was a little tough because I've become accustomed to stepping the left foot forward when I step the right one back.

For the two-step drill, one thing I've found for me is that it's more of a "shuffle" forward than a step. I can tend to get the left foot too much in the air and then the downswing sequencing can be late.

"Never gamble with a man you meet at the golf course who has a deep tan."

Note: This thread is 778 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!