IGNORED

30-Day (Was COVID) Practice Plan Challenge - April 1-30 2020

Note: This thread is 751 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

6 minutes ago, billchao said:

My wrists set later in my actual swing than A2 but the feel is about the same in terms of what they’re doing; I’ve worked on this in the past.

I think this might be what i do too. I need to get back on my swing thread and check. Could be why it was so odd and incorrect for me. I'm not a huge practicer normally and have never worked on anything specific so this is eye opening for me. 

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Did this in my cozy and improvised home office. This is stuff I have worked on in the past, so it was pretty straightforward for me. 

• Thumbs Up 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

7 hours ago, iacas said:Faults that we often see:
  •  
  • Hands go out early
  • Hands/forearms roll the clubhead in early
  • Clubface rolled open prematurely

Definitely see these three a lot! Thanks for the video series!

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Day one, it let me get outside

• Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

COVID-19 - Day One

Hopefully this opens for y'all.  Please ignore the background sounds... it's my kids on the trampoline.

I had physical therapy today at noon, and I was really feeling it in my lower back.  And it was recorded with Screencast-O-Matic on my county issued work computer.  I really felt like I was sticking it to the man!😁

Edited by bwdial
More detail
  • Thumbs Up 1

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Forgot the split hand drill so went back and did that after.  My daughter was “helping” me film so the tripod was moving some.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

Done... Good drill. I'm going to try to film these going forward, but I will probably be doing them late in the evening.

Good drill, I like it because it's simple and clearly explained. 

Thanks.

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 1 complete. I didn't get a chance to film. I've got to get my filming setup back out and try to get some of these filmed. Love it though. Such simple explanation compared to some I have heard. Very much looking forward to this series.Thanks!

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Day 1 in the books. I have been having trouble with my grip, and this helped a lot. I also used to roll the club back in the back swing. Focusing on the wrist made not rolling easier. I started striking the ball better almost immediately. Chipping is much improved as well.

No video but I really liked these drills. Been hitting the ball really poorly and this basic exercise resulted in some well struck chips with the final element of the session, and built some confidence through success. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Just now, dennyjones said:

I dropped the ball and tomorrow is a full day.   ☹️

FOR SHAME!!! Just kidding. I am almost sure that I will miss a day or tow during this, and plan on just doubling/tripling up when it happens

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    

I did day one, but my home practice room is not set up for video... yet.  That's an oversight, because I figured 1-2 times per month I'd get to a range and get video for evolvr (success rate for this since setting up the practice room in November : 0).  So... I'll fix that tomorrow. 

But I did day one.  And I'll get video of doing day one again if you want, plus day two, tomorrow.  

By the end, even on the split hands, I was getting some "that felt solid" on the quarter shots.  That feels great. :-)  

(should I cross-post into the "30 days challenge" thread?)

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

6 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Day one, it let me get outside

All that open grass and no ball?

Note: This thread is 751 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!