IGNORED

30-Day (Was COVID) Practice Plan Challenge - April 1-30 2020

Note: This thread is 772 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Day 24. I’m really enjoying this style of pitching and I think I will use it a lot whenever we get back playing here. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 25 - Sequencing Drills

Today I have two drills for you. One will help you sequence the backswing properly, keeping the arms relatively "in front of" the chest and carried along by the pivot. The second will help you sequence the backswing and the downswing, especially if you've heard that the lower body starts before the upper body, and you "spin out" of shots by letting the lower body get well ahead of the upper body.

Drills for today:

• 3:00 - Backswings with club in sternum
  • 1:00 - Rehearsal backswings with same feel
  • 3:00 - Swings with finger pointing out of chest
  • 1:00 - Rehearsal swings with same feel

Video:

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4/25/20 - Day 25

THE BET - soooo, I made a bet last night with my 12yo after he challenged me to not use my phone for entertainment or games as he was not to play electronics to include his new VR game system. So, I am watching these videos and logging via computer, BUT as long as this challenge is "in play" I will not be submitting video. After investing 24 days into this "badge," it is my hope that my logging of the drills for this last week will be deemed sufficient to badge gods. If my son caves by later today or tomorrow, I will video and post as usual. I appreciate your understanding in this matter as I intend to show the younger generation that we have far superior will power than they do.

Today's drills complete - they go nicely with ym PP.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 25:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Day 25

This is my first pass at this drill but I'm going to spend a bit more time on it today.  1) I am most certainly someone who get the lower body going too early so I'm thankful for this bit; 2) It does feel like the swing plane decreases and maybe this is just in the drill but it's not something i need.

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, metaswinger said:

Day 25

This is my first pass at this drill but I'm going to spend a bit more time on it today.  1) I am most certainly someone who get the lower body going too early so I'm thankful for this bit; 2) It does feel like the swing plane decreases and maybe this is just in the drill but it's not something i need.

Also starting to read this for the first time:

IMG_8704.jpg

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, metaswinger said:

Also starting to read this for the first time:

IMG_8704.jpg

Meh. Vastly overrated.

• Like 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 25 drills, 

Edited by saevel25
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 25 drill - this one hit home with me. I had just been re-reading about a variant of this drill in The Effortless Swing by Michael McTeigue - he calls it doing the lighthouse turn. I have a lot of work to do, these drills are giving me the tools to make those steps forward....

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 25 - I changed my clothes.

• Like 3

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 25

Both of these drills felt very awkward, which I’ll take as a sign that I should keep using them. The grip-in-sternum was eye opening because I like to move my arms without turning fully, and it’s something I constantly have to work on. The index finger pointing from sternum drill and rehearsal swings made a noticable improvement in sequence of my downswing. Hit some balls afterward really thinking about a finger pointing out of my sternum and keeping that pointed at the butt of the grip, and was getting consistently solid contact and a good start line. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• Administrator

Day 26 - Turn, Tilt, and Extend

Your body does three things during the backswing (and the downswing): it turns (or twists), it tilts, and it extends. Today, a simple, easy drill to help you feel this motion independent of the arms on the backswing and downswing into the follow-through.

Your Drills today:

• 3:00 - Backswing
  • 3:00 - Downswing/Follow-Through
  • 2:00 - Repeat the feels with a normal grip/setup

Video:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Day 26. Something I definitely need to work on is the follow through, my arms tend to fold up or chicken wing. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Day 26 - Got this in just before the rain.

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

45 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Day 26 - Got this in just before the rain.

I think these were to be done both hands underhanded, and left hand down below the grip Scott. (I think that's your name)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Day 26:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 772 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!