IGNORED

30-Day (Was COVID) Practice Plan Challenge - April 1-30 2020

Note: This thread is 772 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Day 2 completed yesterday. I was getting too upright in my backswing and this really helped me maintain the ocrrect spine angle.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 3. - I suck with this

Still working on Day 1 issues in myswing thread

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• Administrator

Guys, I have four more filmed - two full swing, two short game - but your feedback right now is critical. What do you like? What don't you like? What you say now will affect the remaining 23 videos I have yet to film.

P.S. I believe @NatalieB will be helping with a few.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I like everything you are doing.    I haven't had the time to participate.   I have done some of the drills and can see some of my faults.    Please continue on the current path.   We are trying to empty my mother-in-law's apartment even under quarantine and it's been busy.   Governor Whitmer just gave the police the authority to fine people up to $1k or 90 days in jail for violation.   

I'll make the effort to get my butt in gear and participate.   I'm late to the game...  sorry

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

I like out you are sequencing these. I suspect we will move onto other items like short game motions, etc.

Took a break from painting (cause that’s what you do on rainy days when you are retired) and did Day 3.

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

As someone that has never done any drills before, I don't have a ton of input on which way to go. I like what you've been doing so far, but the short game stuff will be a welcome change for me. Keep up the awesome work. My Day 2 and Day 3 vids will be up by 5 est.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

(edited)
2 hours ago, iacas said:

We're on day three, and you're already a day behind! 🙂

No, I did it last night and updated the thread at work today. I'm on schedule. I think the internet connection at my house is following shelter at home protocol because it is nowhere to be seen lately. I just wait and do my posts the next day at work...I have an online class that I am lucky to be able to do each night. Most of the time, I have to do it on my lunch break at work as well.

47 minutes ago, iacas said:

Guys, I have four more filmed - two full swing, two short game - but your feedback right now is critical. What do you like? What don't you like? What you say now will affect the remaining 23 videos I have yet to film.

I have loved everything about the videos so far. They don't flood you with information. Simple to follow drills too.

Edited by TN94z

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

As above, I like them the way they are, concise and easy to follow.

Day two drill 2 showed my shoulder turn to be a bit flatter, I’d probably never have picked that up, as lately this is the best I’ve hit the ball since my return to golf. 

Haven’t looked at day 3 yet ,we are 18 hours in front of you, but technically behind on the drill schedule ;-)

1 hour ago, iacas said:

I think they’ve been great so far. I don’t know what else you have planned but I don’t see a reason to deviate at this point.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Day 2. Seem to always lock my trail leg....gonna have to figure that out. Day 3 coming in a couple of minutes.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Guys, I have four more filmed - two full swing, two short game - but your feedback right now is critical. What do you like? What don't you like?

I'm enjoying the program so far. I like how the swing is being broken down into specific body part elements to work on. I feel like I'll be able to bookmark each of these videos and return to them when I feel things go awry, especially with my teaching/practice facility being closed for March and April and probably longer. Without my scheduled monthly lesson (will have missed two after this weekend), I'm at a loss for what to practice, and these drills are providing some great practice ideas during the downtime.

Personally I would be most interested in full swing motion stuff (including basic stuff that is being covered like setup, grip, turn, etc.), but as a 16.5 hcp, I need improvement everywhere, so I'm going to take each of these lessons as an opportunity to improve in whatever areas are covered.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 3. A couple of dry full swings at the end for fun.

Day 3

I really like these drills because getting my hands in front of my sternum at P3 is an issue for me. I tend to get them to far behind. This helps me feel what it's like to get there.

• Like 1

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

Day 3 done.  No video. These are good drills for me to feel a little more compact backswing and not let that elbow get too far behind.  Finished up with my current drill from evolvr to slide the hips and feel a little fall towards target along with getting my arms down quickly to start downswing.  

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

I turn my shoulders past 90°, so it looks like the trail elbow is behind me. It's not. Took a face on video to confirm:

• Like 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

@Bonvivant, you might want to watch and repeat day 3.

image.png

vs.

image.png

And

image.png

vs.

image.png

@coachjimsc, less elbow bend here. Wider elbow. Look how far across your chest the left arm got here.

image.png

@billchao, elbow appears narrow on the reach-backs.

image.png

@Bonvivant and all others - try to do these near a mirror, or record yourselves so you can see it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, billchao said:

I think they’ve been great so far. I don’t know what else you have planned but I don’t see a reason to deviate at this point.

This. Great work Erik.

I did the day 3 stuff just now, I especially liked the two step one, That had me feeling really compact and connected at the top of the backswing, felt effortless to keep my elbows close together from that position. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Note: This thread is 772 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!