IGNORED

30-Day (Was COVID) Practice Plan Challenge - April 1-30 2020

Note: This thread is 772 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Now I have to figure out how to edit, ......bear with me, lol.  Yesterdays drill.  I'm right handed, I figured how to change that now too.

Edited by SteveH
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

15 minutes ago, SteveH said:

Now I have to figure out how to edit, ......bear with me, lol.  Yesterdays drill.  I'm right handed, I figured how to change that now too.

Thats a super dog you have 👍

Edited by Nail
  • Like 1

Day 8 - nothing exciting to see here. 84bpm was my happy place

• Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

My rhythm is 62-63. I’ve known this for a while. My putter is 35.5” and heavier than standard. I apologize about the construction noise. Behind me they are demolishing a building and to my left, my neighbor is having a carpenter do some work. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 8:

97 bpm. Seriously?

Love the alignment stick drill. I don't have a wristy stroke, but it definitely helps with some path issues I have.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Day 8. No video today, but I locked in at 76 bpm, a bit slower than most I'm seeing on here. I tried it at a variety of speeds from like 60-95 and the mid 70s was effortless for my stroke. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

16 minutes ago, klineka said:

Day 8. No video today, but I locked in at 76 bpm, a bit slower than most I'm seeing on here. I tried it at a variety of speeds from like 60-95 and the mid 70s was effortless for my stroke. 

I'm not sure how accurate mine was, id like to practice my stroke silently and have some one match the metronome to my stroke to get a really accurate reading. 

7 minutes ago, Nail said:

I'm not sure how accurate mine was, id like to practice my stroke silently and have some one match the metronome to my stroke to get a really accurate reading. 

Agreed - good point; I may have subconsciously adapted to its rhythm. I did try a couple of different speeds and felt comfy at 84, but still...

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

My son sent this to me while I was at work....obviously mocking my Day 3 drills. Thought y’all might appreciate

• Thumbs Up 1

-Jonny

Love the Day8 drill.  It follows what I've been working on with my game and what I've been working on with my grandson.  I ask him to go "tick-tock" at somewhere around 70bpm and have used the metronome app on my phone to help imbed the tempo.   For me I like 68bpm as a good pace.  In my video you will notice I shortened and lengthened the stroke while maintaining tempo.  Likewise I tried to stay as close as possible to 1:1 backswing to downswing.  For kicks I did include a down-the-line shot to help me discern whether I follow a straight line or arc slightly.  Pardon the messy shop....

• Thumbs Up 1

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Nail said:

You can do that. Just count frames or something. Do it over many strokes and take an average.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, Nail said:

Most metronome apps have a "Tap Tempo" feature. You can do the drill without the metronome and get a feel for the rhythm by either counting or making a beep or click noise when the putter crosses the low point. keep that rhythm up and tap it into the metronome as a starting point.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, the tempo part went pretty well, but my stroke looks awful in this video. Way too wristy. 

• Thumbs Up 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

10 hours ago, iacas said:

No, for some reason @Sammydreep deleted all of his videos. 😞

Okay a few days ago was the first time I’ve ever posted on YouTube. I guess what I post on here is the link to the YouTube site , correct?

Not sure what I was thinking but when I uploaded a new video , I deleted the previous days on the assumption that nobody in YouTube land would want to look at me practicing without realising I’ve deleted them from here. 
Sorry my bad🙄

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Sammydreep said:

Okay a few days ago was the first time I’ve ever posted on YouTube. I guess what I post on here is the link to the YouTube site , correct?

Not sure what I was thinking but when I uploaded a new video , I deleted the previous days on the assumption that nobody in YouTube land would want to look at me practicing without realising I’ve deleted them from here. 
Sorry my bad🙄

Just keep them unlisted. When you delete them, they disappear everywhere.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

15 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

Well, the tempo part went pretty well, but my stroke looks awful in this video. Way too wristy. 

Your stroke doesn't look wristy to me.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

59 minutes ago, iacas said:

Just keep them unlisted. When you delete them, they disappear everywhere.

I had a look in the settings, I didn’t see unlisted but I noticed that private is ticked so I guess that is okay.

After my first upload I got a message from some random person saying how he loved my channel and could I subscribe to his, looked like a scam so I ignored it ,but how could he see my video if it’s private, any ideas?

• Administrator
3 hours ago, billchao said:

Your stroke doesn't look wristy to me.

Me either.

2 hours ago, Sammydreep said:

I had a look in the settings, I didn’t see unlisted but I noticed that private is ticked so I guess that is okay.

Private only lets you see the videos.

2 hours ago, Sammydreep said:

After my first upload I got a message from some random person saying how he loved my channel and could I subscribe to his, looked like a scam so I ignored it ,but how could he see my video if it’s private, any ideas?

He probably didn't see your videos. It was probably just a spam.

Note: This thread is 772 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!