IGNORED

30-Day (Was COVID) Practice Plan Challenge - April 1-30 2020

Note: This thread is 778 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Day 8 Complete. I like this one. Have to do it in short sessions as you mentioned. I felt best at 66, which is a little surprising. I knew I wouldn't be in the 80s, but thought it would be higher than it was. I'll be using this one a lot this year as putting is a top improvement goal for me this year.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 8 in the books.

• Thumbs Up 1

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Day 8

Enjoyed the discussion on Rhythm, Tempo and Time in putting.  About two years ago moved to left hand down and it has helped me tremendously.  I'm wondering if the stick drill is a little awkward for left hand down as you are less centered and there is more going on with your left arm.  Anyway, good Time drill and I played around with a few and ended up at 76.  Not sure how it will translate on the green.

• Thumbs Up 1

I guess I should have downloaded the app to my iPad instead of my phone.

Anyway good drill, I felt like the sticks impeded me from taking it back slightly on the inside.
Anyway good drill, I felt like the sticks impeded me from taking it back slightly on the inside, but putting is definitely the most improved part of my game.

When I played before to a fairly low handicap ,I was always at best an average putter, and on taking up the game again I was even worse.

Since I change to that grip I now have a lot of confidence in my short putts , hardly ever miss a short one and get my fair share of five and six footers. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 8

For part 1, I settled in at 78 bpm. I wonder if this will change when I get a new putter. I have a putting lesson and Edel fitting in the works for one of my upcoming lessons, and I’m thinking the weight, and also how mass is distributed throughout the putter head influences this. Right now I have an off the shelf odyssey jailbird mini (similar to the seven design). Not sure what I’ll end up with after lesson/fitting.

Part 2 was a new feeling because the alignment sticks really felt like they anchored my arms in place and helped keep the putter head stable through the stroke. Really gave me an idea of what a stable stroke feels like. My practice stroke with and without sticks doesn’t have much wrist action, but no idea what it looks like on course. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

12 hours ago, billchao said:

Your stroke doesn't look wristy to me.

I thought the same thing

• Administrator

Day 9 – Arm Speed (Snapping Sticks)

We’re getting back to some full swing work here on Day 9, and we’re talking about the arms. Golfers do a lot of bad things with their arms, and today’s drill is good for those who:

• Rotate the body but leave the arms back on the downswing.
  • Carry the arms out toward the ball at the top of the backswing.
  • Drag their hands deeper behind them at the top of the backswing.
  • Pitch the clubhead (shaft) out steeper on the downswing.

Today’s drills (which you’ll do twice) are simply:

• 2:00 – Snap an alignment stick down FAST.
  • 1:00 – Repeat the same drill with a 6-iron.

Repeat both.

Video:

If you're enjoying these videos, please consider this:

https://lowestscorewins.com/video-set

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Completed day 7, but need to circle back to day 8 to get the tempo, I did the drills but work kept distracting me so I didn't finish.

Gus
---------------

Day 9 is going to be good for me. I have gotten into some bad habits at some point and I am looking forward to working on this one.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

14 hours ago, billchao said:

Your stroke doesn't look wristy to me.

Maybe it's my grip? Something looks a little off to me, particularly in the left wrist.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

I was actually kind of doing today's drill yesterday when we went on our walk.  I was swinging my 7 iron with a split hand grip. 

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Day 9 - I already started doing this drill after watching a video on @iacas’s My Swing thread. Great drill. I did this one time through then filmed the second time. I will make it part of my core workout too. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

11 hours ago, metaswinger said:

Day 8

Enjoyed the discussion on Rhythm, Tempo and Time in putting.  About two years ago moved to left hand down and it has helped me tremendously.  I'm wondering if the stick drill is a little awkward for left hand down as you are less centered and there is more going on with your left arm.  Anyway, good Time drill and I played around with a few and ended up at 76.  Not sure how it will translate on the green.

I don’t see how left hand low would have you less centred it usually squares up the shoulders and has you more centred than the other way around. I can’t see it making the stick drill more awkward.
A proper pendulum would mean it doesn’t matter which hand is lower because you go back and forward the same amount I would have thought. I putt left hand low too. 

Completed Day 8. BPM=80. I have my metronome set to "click" on beats 1,2, and 4 as when I practice guitar to it I like to know where the "one" is and the 2 & 4 replicate the share hits. I liked this when timing the putting stoke as well because it felt more rhythmic and natural than a militant 1, 2, 3, 4. 

Day 9 Complete. I do not do a great job of keeping my right arm from bending too much. I've worked on it over the years and it's better, but I don't think I will ever get to >90°.

• Thumbs Up 2

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Day 9 complete. I don’t have an alignment stick so I use an old shaft. This really works the core too. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, DeadMan said:

Maybe it's my grip? Something looks a little off to me, particularly in the left wrist.

It’s the way your left arm is set up. I don’t know if your putter is too long or you’re standing too close to the ball or something, but your left arm is chicken winged which causes that wrist to have more extension.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 778 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!