IGNORED

30-Day (Was COVID) Practice Plan Challenge - April 1-30 2020

Note: This thread is 771 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I also hit a few 6 irons after doing the drill using the same motion just for good measure.  I'm guessing it will add a few yards when I try it next time I get out.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

Day 9 - so the alignment stick went fine...but the 6i:

I ended up using the 7i. My clubs are 15 years old, so maybe an excuse to get new ones?

Beastmode!

I did this with the alignment stick first and then did the second part with my seven iron.  The second run through with the golf club, I used my weighted club to hypercharge the core workout.  This will definitely be part of my routine.  I can see this as a warm up before hitting balls and/or playing.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Day 1, bad habit of taking my grip with the club on the ground, fail.  That reverse pivot is not part of my swing, I was just watching the club head and it messed that up.

• Thumbs Up 1

Man, that drill tired me out. And 2 minutes is a long time, haha. 

• Thumbs Up 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

On 4/5/2020 at 5:39 AM, iacas said:

image.png

I don't know what's going on here. your club face is laying WIDE open on the red line, when it should be about 70° closed to that (green line).

I'd spend a long time looking at your grip and figuring out just what in the heck is going on here. It's going to be nearly impossible to play good golf from that position.

I've worked on that daily since getting this instruction.   The camera angle isn't great, but from my POV when practicing the club looks right at the top and the clubface looks ... not onto the green line, but a lot more closed than it was.  

If you get a moment, can you take a look and see if this looks improved?

I'm hoping to re-join this practice routine, but I wanted to fix the big problem discovered before moving on.

Thanks for the feedback, by the way -- I saw a comment from you downthread about it.  Your comments are appreciated and viewed as constructive, at least by me. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 9

I used a stopwatch to time the drill, and felt gassed about 45 seconds into the alignment stick portion. Need to get off my ass and exercise more often in quarantine I guess. The feeling was different with a club - I didn’t get quite as winded, but was also moving slower and did fewer reps because the club was significantly heavier.

I did the drills a second just to claim I did a workout today. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

6 hours ago, Shindig said:

I've worked on that daily since getting this instruction.   The camera angle isn't great, but from my POV when practicing the club looks right at the top and the clubface looks ... not onto the green line, but a lot more closed than it was.  

I'm hoping to re-join this practice routine, but I wanted to fix the big problem discovered before moving on.

Thanks for the feedback, by the way -- I saw a comment from you downthread about it.  Your comments are appreciated and viewed as constructive, at least by me. 

Im no expert but your club is still getting opem on the downswing, you are not palmar flexing properly i think. I believe it should match your spine angle again when club is parralel to the ground, i stand to be corrected though

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Informative 1

15 hours ago, billchao said:

Day 9:

This drill and I are not friends. I recorded this like four times and no matter what I did, my hips fire fast and the trail elbow gets way behind. This motion feels predominantly like a right hand throw to me and I didn't feel any pull in the left arm at all. Even managed somehow to hit myself in the foot with the alignment stick.

I know from experience that when I feel like my arms are moving quickly like that, I pull the club down steep from the top and my right elbow goes into IR real quickly and gets behind my right hip, so I'm doing something wrong here.

How far do you drive the ball mate? You look like you generate a lot of speed. 

• Administrator

Day 10 – Full Swing Flow

Rory McIlroy has good flow, and unlike hockey, we’re not talking about his hair. Find out how you can get a little bit more flow — all while staying “steady” and “centered” — in your golf swing. This is Day 10 of my 30-Day April Practice Plan.

Amateurs do a number of things poorly in the golf swing, including:

• Sway their hips back leaving their upper body forward.
  • Keep their hips well forward in the backswing.
  • (Not shown in the video) Sway both centers back dramatically on the backswing (often leaving them there).

Today’s drills:

• 3:00 – Single-step (back foot) flow drill
  • 2:00 – Double-step flow drill
  • 2:00 – Find your personal trigger

Video:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

9 hours ago, Shindig said:

From my very limited knowledge of the golf swing, it does look better. Like you said, it's not at the green line yet, but closer. If you look at the black part of your glove, you can see less of it on the right, which I think means you have more palmar flexion in the right image, but still not quite at the green line.

image.png

• Informative 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Day 10. This is the first drill I’m really struggling with. For the past year or so I’ve been trying to stop my hips swaying back on the backswing by doing the wall drill recommended by Erik. My right heel would lift off the ground and I would get all my weight on my trail leg. 
For whatever reason this drill seems to make me sway back again(maybe it’s supposed to) I don’t feel comfortable with it at all. I see my right foot lifting again etc. 
I also found it hard to find a trigger, the best I could find was a slight forward press of the club. 
Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying there is anything wrong with this lesson, I’m just struggling big time with it

• Thumbs Up 1

@Shindig Could it be that your hands are far from your body?  Seems to me that the further the hands are from the body the less the right palm can face towards the ball.  (These are both in the backswing.)

Eric Day 1 image.PNG

Shindig.PNG

Edited by No Mulligans
  • Informative 1

Okay, I fell a little behind. Golf would be better if real life would stop interfering. I had to do day 8 and 9 this morning. 
I will "hopefully" be able to do Day 10 tonight to get me back on track. Otherwise I'll be  doing day 10 and 11 tomorrow. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

I feel a bit like the Treadstone Assassins in the Jason Bourne movies waiting for instructions. Erik posts and I jump to it! 

This was another good one I will keep doing. I have been working on my trigger already and exaggerated it here. It is more of a shifting of my weight during the waggle.

Lastly, it was really windy. I had to give the tripod some ballast.

F5106839-22D2-4EB0-B76C-8EFCC8842710.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 9 complete although I rushed through this one. I'm going to go back through all of these over the weekend. I know many have had to stay home from the virus but my job is actually swamped right now. I stay super busy.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Day 10 – Full Swing Flow

Rory McIlroy has good flow, and unlike hockey, we’re not talking about his hair. Find out how you can get a little bit more flow — all while staying “steady” and “centered” — in your golf swing. This is Day 10 of my 30-Day April Practice Plan.

Amateurs do a number of things poorly in the golf swing, including:

• Sway their hips back leaving their upper body forward.
  • Keep their hips well forward in the backswing.
  • (Not shown in the video) Sway both centers back dramatically on the backswing (often leaving them there).

I like the analogy of bathwater and waves. I will have to try these.

Would a rubber ducky be helpful? 😝

- Shane

Note: This thread is 771 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!