IGNORED

30-Day (Was COVID) Practice Plan Challenge - April 1-30 2020

Note: This thread is 769 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

When I first watched today's drill - I was reminded of a visit last summer to a local course where we had just finished the round.  The parking lot was near #9 green and as I looked up I saw the glint of chrome whirling through the air toward the green.  I don't think he was practicing today's drill! 

Day 12....

• Thumbs Up 1

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 12

The thing about this drill (and the stepping into the swing versions) is that it helps the finish be firmly on the left foot.  This was something i previously struggled with have a bit too much on the back foot at finish.  I had found a similar drill and it helped a great deal, as does this one.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Day 7 Basic Pitching (glide)

I use this technique but my tendency has been for my arms not to fold during the follow through, rather arms extended and down the line.  For the drill I am trying to get my arms to fold in the follow thru more than they want to.  Not sure how important it is to have the follow thru arms folding like Erik does.

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, No Mulligans said:

I use this technique but my tendency has been for my arms not to fold during the follow through, rather arms extended and down the line.  For the drill I am trying to get my arms to fold in the follow thru more than they want to.  Not sure how important it is to have the follow thru arms folding like Erik does.

The softer the arms the higher the ball tends to go as the clubhead overtakes the hands the fastest.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Did the day 12 drill at the range today, I liked this one too, really gave a good feeling for how the trail elbow should work.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

No video yet been busy.

There is an aluminium rod behind the garage door something like an alignment stick ,so I thought I’d have a few practice swings.

The first one hit the ground, the next three or four were really good and a definite swish,  I then let go and it sailed over the neighbours roof but fortunately it landed on his driveway before disappearing into the next neighbours garden  

I think maybe I need to practice this  with an old club 😅

Yeah, it's snowing, but I needed to get outside to have enough room to feel comfortable doing this drill. Think I could use a bit more wrist snap with this drill. When I did this off camera, it felt a little better, and little less like my normal golf swing when I had more wrist snap.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 12

Foolishly did this after 3 hours of hard yard work. Shoulders and back were too stiff to really execute well, but I like this one better than the previous flow drill because an underarm throwing motion feels more natural to me. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

I just finished day 11. So, I'm still a full day (possibly 2, depending on how you count it) behind. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator

Day 13 – High Pitches and Flops

Building on Day 7‘s pitching technique, “setting up to the handle” allows you to use the same technique and most of the same setup to hit high, soft shots for those times when you need to elevate the ball quickly and stop without much roll.

In today’s drill it’s important to:

• Put the club down with the loft you desire.
  • Set up to the handle, keeping as much of the setup from the original (day 7) the same.
  • Not to move the handle during setup, but to keep the club in the same position and make your body fit the club, not the other way around.

The drills for today are simple:

• 5:00 – On-course level high pitches and flop shots.
  • 2:00 – Extreme flop shots – try to hit one high enough you can catch it.

Video:

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 8 - Puting Rhythm, Tempo and Sticks

I like to have a triplet going on in my head when I put which puts me on a 2 to 1 ratio.  But my rhythm is a bit slow, I did this at 70 bpm which feels a little fast for me.  I do need to practice at 70 bpm so I can use a faster rhythm (which for most is actually slow).

Something I noticed continuing to practice the Day 8 Putting Rythm Tempo Sticks..., If I increase the tempo to 80 bpm it's easier and more free feeling for me to just let the pendulum happen, and it's smoother like an actual pendulum.

Day 13 - flop shots

had turn camera around to face back yard for flop catch...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• Administrator

Good, now post it in the challenge thread and get your badge!

(edited)
2 minutes ago, iacas said:

Good, now post it in the challenge thread and get your badge!

I would, but I already have it 😎

Edited by woodzie264
  • Like 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 13. Had to use a plastic kids ball against the back of the house. No hope of catching one 😂

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Note: This thread is 769 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!