IGNORED

30-Day (Was COVID) Practice Plan Challenge - April 1-30 2020

Note: This thread is 772 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

9 hours ago, iacas said:

No you can’t say middle. 🙂

I’ll let her know. She may appeal to a higher court.😜

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 15 – Putting “Bead” Work

Great putters are good at putting’s three keys: Read, Bead, and Speed. Today’s drills focus on the “Bead” Key by ensuring that you can hit your start line and hit the center of the putter face. You’ll need a metal yardstick, some cups or glasses, and a few extra golf balls. With these simple supplies, you can become a better putter!

For today’s drills, again, you’ll need:

• A metal yardstick.
  • Two cups or glasses.
  • Two extra golf balls.

A desire to improve your putting stroke. 

The drills for today:

• 2:00 – Putt off the end of the metal yardstick.
  • 2:00 – Putt a ball between cups positioned three feet in front of you.
  • 3:00 – Putt a ball swinging the putter head between two more golf balls.
  • 3:00 – Combine two of the above (ideally one of the first two and the last one).

Video:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Couldn't get outside yesterday for Day 14, I'll have to try to get it done today.

Gus
---------------

Day 15
I don’t have a yardstick so I just putted between two golf balls 3 feet away then I used another two golf balls to putt between. Only filmed the last drill but was practicing for at least 45 minutes and I suck 😂

• Like 1

@iacas I have a quick question regarding putting. I find to start the ball online I need to lean the putter shaft slightly forward, I already setup with the ball just ahead of centre, my question is does the forward shaft lean negate hitting the ball just ahead of the bottom of the pendulum?

• Administrator
Just now, Nail said:

@iacas I have a quick question regarding putting. I find to start the ball online I need to lean the putter shaft slightly forward, I already setup with the ball just ahead of centre, my question is does the forward shaft lean negate hitting the ball just ahead of the bottom of the pendulum?

Not necessarily.

You can push your hands 30° forward and still be swinging them "up" at the moment of impact.

I like (as a very general rule) 1-2° loft at impact and 2-3° rise angle at impact, so it's very small. Basically, a level to slightly ascending hit is all you really need, with not much loft.

You could film some high-speed stuff, even if you put some graph paper behind your putter (between your feet and your putter) to provide a reference point to see if your putter head is moving up slightly.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

Not necessarily.

You can push your hands 30° forward and still be swinging them "up" at the moment of impact.

I like (as a very general rule) 1-2° loft at impact and 2-3° rise angle at impact, so it's very small. Basically, a level to slightly ascending hit is all you really need, with not much loft.

You could film some high-speed stuff, even if you put some graph paper behind your putter (between your feet and your putter) to provide a reference point to see if your putter head is moving up slightly.

Cool, I was worried that id be sacrificing speed control for better bead. I think i am still hitting on a slight upward angle but I could get some graph paper to make sure. 

4/15/20 - yardstick putting drill

2 cup putting drill with Masters cups

gate drill with 2 cup combo at the end

Obviously both the yardstick and my floors are crooked! 🤨

my gate was rather forgiving, but I will take the cups and gate drills to a practice green later today. Good ones for me and my putting woes

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Had trouble finding a level spot in my house to film in. This was the only place.

• Like 2

Scott

My Swing Thread

Just now, Double Mocha Man said:

Ah, you have one of those amusement park, gravity-defying houses.

You know the expression, “They don’t build them like they used to”? It’s because it is against the law now.

Scott

My Swing Thread

1 minute ago, boogielicious said:

You know the expression, “They don’t build them like they used to”? It’s because it is against the law now.

I bought a home that's old enough to come in under the old law: "Build it good boys, and try not to breathe in too much sawdust."

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 14 challenge - tried it two ways....first with golf tees off the mat

Then w/foam balls off the turf...

Lesson learned - this is not as easy as I would like it to be.  I did find it easier to hit to the "inside" rather than the outside.  Learning a lot about my swing habits with these exercises.  I did find that it was easier to come to the inside as opposed to the outside...

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

My apologies @iacas - not trying to high jack the thread.  While its not today's putting drill per se this is my grandson' perspective on creating putting challenges (hence the hump via plastic putters and StarWars light saber and miniature traffic cones), may we never face a green this tough at the cup....

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 15:

I uploaded the video with no sound because the combined sound of the golf ball rolling on tile and my kids fighting over the video game they’re playing is banned by the Geneva Convention.

I struggled a little with rolling the ball off the end of the yardstick until I realized my ball position was a little off and there was too much space between the ball and my putter at setup. After that I feel I did well, overall.

Also I realized that my putter was toe up the whole time. That’s because I’m not wearing shoes. Probably should have done this in at least flip flops.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Day 15 complete, don't have a yardstick, but the putting mat I have has straight lines on it that I focused on.  Worked the drills at 3, 5, & 7 feet using the putting mat layout.

Gus
---------------

Day 13 - Flop Catch!  And, that's my thumb at the end... I promise I'm not giving y'all the finger.

• Thumbs Up 2

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Note: This thread is 772 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!