iacas

COVID-19 Practice Plan Challenge - April 1-30 2020

810 posts / 31367 viewsLast Reply

31 minutes ago, Cruiser1976 said:

Sweet saw this just in time.  I'm ready.

Welcome to TST!   How about an introduction?  We're happy you've decided to participate in the April challenge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm for sure in! I am hitting the ball worse than I ever have at the moment..haha

Day 1, I set this up inside because we have some rainy days ahead. I used a PW because I was pretty close to the net. I edited to show a few of each rep. MirrorVision really helps with these.

Alright day 1 in the books. Need to find a better place going forward, this was filmed in my office.

Will be getting in on this, hopefully with a video today when I get home from work. 

Day 1, Used foam balls and hit into my grill cover. Good reminder drills for me. (Also a reminder that I need to pull the weeds in the patio area and spread that topsoil into my garden :whistle:)

2 hours ago, dennyjones said:

@iacas, could you please tag these so they show up at the start of the thread.  It will save searching thru everyone's videos and responses.

If you view new posts… doesn’t that just take you to the new posts?

Do you want me to link to each day’s video in the first post every day?

51 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

I guess your point is valid.   I do look for new material every time I come to the site.

Not opposed to adding them all to the first post. Maybe after we get a few though. Today can’t be too bad.

Enjoy the chirping spring bridies! I was taking it back too far it seems, and not as much from the wrists as @iacas showed. I really felt that when I went to the split grip. Much easier to hinge the wrists for me with both hands on the club.

First time uploading to YouTube, first time really doing a video, first time trying to get a real lesson under the belt.  Overall - it was a fun drill, actually I am doing a good part of it when I "self-analyze" my swings.  Great teaching lesson Erik....

Video:

First time doing a time lapse video. I didn’t realize how much it sped things up and could have filmed the entire practice session. Instead I filmed a couple of minutes of myself doing all the drills and it turned into a 9 second video:

My wrists set later in my actual swing than A2 but the feel is about the same in terms of what they’re doing; I’ve worked on this in the past.