IGNORED

30-Day (Was COVID) Practice Plan Challenge - April 1-30 2020

Note: This thread is 776 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

f*** YOU TOO @bwdial!

(Well that's less effective as the first post on a new page…).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

f*** YOU TOO @bwdial!

(Well that's less effective as the first post on a new page…).

It really does look obscene every time I play it. 🙂

Edited by bwdial
  • Like 1

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

10 minutes ago, iacas said:

f*** YOU TOO @bwdial!

Effortless flop catch, hole in one badge, and he flipped us off? I have to agree, here. f*** you, @bwdial 😜

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I struggled a bit with this partly my poor stroke ,and partly the fact I couldn’t find anywhere really flat.

I haven’t posted the video as same as yesterday if I hold the phone vertical the video is in the landscape mode but as soon as I turn the horizontal it turns 90°, not sure why this is, maybe it has something to do with the fact I have the phone tilted forwards as I filmed it in the garage

It wasn’t pretty 😎

Okay catching up a bit.

Day 14- Did everything but the catch. This is NM and, well, we don't have lawns for the most part. If I get to a park I will post. I did do the drills including the one I posted below where I deposited a chrome soft onto the roof of my next door neighbor!

Day 15- Done! video below

Day 16- Done, No video. This is a new drill to me but I like it. This is something I will start on my daily Covid-19 putting drills I do every night.

• Thumbs Up 1

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Day 15. I had been meaning to buy a yardstick for putting and this finally made me go get one. Did all 3 drills separately for a bit, then did some at the end combining all 3 which I filmed. I did a pretty good job rolling the ball down the stick, and didn't hit the ping pong balls by my putter at all, and only hit the ones at the end of the stick a couple times when I did the drill without the yardstick.

• Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Combined the 2nd and 3rd drills here. Cut off half my body because where I filmed didn't have enough room.

• Thumbs Up 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 13 Drill - Flopshot drill

Day 14  Hand/eye co-ordination.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, SteveH said:

That's why I recommended tennis balls… that third shot.😉

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

21 minutes ago, iacas said:

That's why I recommended tennis balls… that third shot.😉

Haha.  Luckily I only did that once and it got hung up in the bushes behind my shed.  The first take was a struggle, I asked the wife to help and she would tell me before I set up.  Then I was stopping at the top waiting for instructions.....  I must have missed the tennis ball recommendation, besides which my watchful dog would steal them and destroy them.  I tried some plastic balls for the extreme flop but they went straight up in front of the net a few times and blew into the backyard

Day 15 Putting drills

I also have this really neat little puttout unit that I like to use

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 15

I thought my bead was pretty good until I tried these drills. 

No metal yardstick, only found an 18” metal ruler, so tried to make a straight line on the rug with masking tape. I don’t think this gave the right feedback so spent more time on drills 2 and 3.

I was pretty bad at #2 so this is something I’ll repeat. At least half the putts through the cups clanged off one of the posts. 

Having the gates for the putter head was cool. At first I had a hard time with this, but the more reps I did the smoother the stroke got and by the end was getting it almost every time. I recall Tiger doing something like this on the practice green with Joe LaCava, but one handed, during the PGA Championship where he finished 2nd to Koepka. 

I like putting drills because I can do them in my living room, or office, if there’s no chance for full swings into the net. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• Administrator

Day 16 – Double Stork Drill

Today’s drill builds upon some of the previous drills and teaches you how to engage your glutes, hips, and torso/ribs to build up torque in the backswing and downswing. It’s an ankle and core workout, too, as your balance and stability will be tested.

The drills for today:

• 3:00 – Stand on only your trail leg with your lead leg on its tip-toe, swing back to A3.
  • 1:00 – Take a break.
  • 3:00 – Stand on only your lead leg with your trail leg on its tip-toe, swing from A3 to just past impact.

Video:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Day 15 - First time I've ever used a metal yard stick.  The sound of the ball traveling the length of it is addicting.  It also quickly lets you know if you push or pull the putt.  One thing I noticed - the way I line up over the ball I can barely see the back of the yardstick - hence a parallel line to which I can align the putter face.  Hardest and most fun was the gate drill - how narrow can you make the gate before hitting the sides, from my video apparently I need ample room. It also forced me to focus on the ball I am putting rather than the two standing guard....great drill....

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 16 - balance drills

did 3 sets of a couple of mins. Definitely felt that in my right ankle and left glutes on their respective sides. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 16 complete, as well as testing out my grip based on another thread.  Definitely feel the burn with these drills.

Gus
---------------

Note: This thread is 776 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!