IGNORED

30-Day (Was COVID) Practice Plan Challenge - April 1-30 2020

Note: This thread is 778 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Day 16 done, no video today. Felt that more in my core than I expected, might be a tad sore tomorrow.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 16:

Glutes activated.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Day 16 done - this is by far the hardest drill I've done yet.  The reason being the transmet amputation on my left foot from the 2016 motorcycle wreck.  I have little to no lateral stability in my left foot as it is pretty much a duck foot triangle shape. I broke out the orthotic brace made for me to see if it would help.  All that to explain the wobble when I transitioned to the downswing/right foot back side of the drill.  Overall felt it in all the places Erik said you should....this will be a go to drill to build stability in the left side going forward.....

• Thumbs Up 1

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 16 Stork drill. This is a good balance drill. I will do this on occasion.

• Like 3

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Here is Day 14 Golf Drills, 

Here is Day 16 Golf Drills, 

Definitely I struggle more balancing on my left leg. Need to do this drill more often to get the strength and balance up. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 16 done. Didn't get any video, it was windy as heck here today so I did this inside. I have actually done this drill before when I had a bad habit of swaying off the ball years ago, but I haven't done it in a long time. I tell you it was half drill and half workout!

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Day 16

No video.  Was trying to record by the wind shifted my phone.

@iacas was right... it was a real core and glute workout.  Luckily, my recent physical therapy for my back prepared me somewhat for the burn.  I can see this as another good drill to help me improve my move.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Did the drill. Stuck inside with a bunch of snow on the ground, so no video. Liked it, and it was also a pretty good core workout. Sheesh!

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 16

Tried this one in the yard but the ground is just too bumpy to have decent balance standing on one foot. Moved to the living room and did the two drills in three segments, while repeating day 15 “putt between the cups” drill after each to let muscles recover.

Both day 16 drills were good core/leg workouts, but the first one was a little more difficult. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

1 hour ago, SteveH said:

I’m hoping for your Lab to start doing some of these drills!😀

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Day 17 – Double Noodle Drill

Are you ready to go skiing? Today’s drills talk about balance, stability, and keeping the pressure “between your feet.” Nearing the end of our discussion on weight, pressure, shifts, sways, torques… etc. we follow up the double-stork drill with the double-noodle drill. This drill, like Day 16, engages your ankles, core, and glutes, and teaches you to shift pressure while staying “within your stance” or “between your feet.”

It is important that you do these drills:

• Slowly – don’t swing fast. Move slowly so that you’re truly checking and testing your stability and so that you can feel what you’re doing.
  • On firm, flat ground – don’t throw a pool noodle down in a lumpy lawn. Put the noodle down on a firm, flat surface so your feet are above the ground an inch or two.

The drills for today:

• 2:00 – Take setup on noodles, swing 1′-2′ back and forth.
  • 3:00 – Backswings to A3 staying over the trail ankle.
  • 3:00 – Downswings just past impact, pressure to front ankle.

Video:

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

5 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I’m hoping for your Lab to start doing some of these drills!😀

She stands back with her ball and gradually brings it closer, before dropping it in my way, lol.  I take her out on the boat fishing and took her golfing a few times after the course closed where I used to live (small town).  She would run in the bush and bring out a few balls and drop them by the cart (bonus). I would leash her to my cart once we got close to the green. No dogs allowed where I live now, I wouldn't take her anyway, too busy.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 9 - Breaking Sticks

On Wednesday I got a strain or sprain with some pain doing this one.  Right on the inside of my right arm elbow area.  Did this while practicing so no video on this one.

Working on putting drills in the mean time.

This drill was pretty easy for me as I’ve done these for therapy work for my knees. I didn’t have pool noddles, so I used pipe insulation with my wedge grips inside. Same effect. Ay my old gym they had inflated disks that I did this drill on and squats, etc. I did these a couple of times, once filming.

• Like 3

Scott

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 778 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!