IGNORED

COVID-19 Practice Plan Challenge - April 1-30 2020

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've got an idea, and I'd like buy-in from a good number of people here. I'd like people to commit to doing this every day in April. Since we're all stuck inside (not all, and not literally insid

Day 1 - Early Backswing In the first day we examine the setup, grip, and the early backswing. Faults that we often see: Bad grips (palmy, weak) Bad setups (back flat, butt out, grip

Day 28:    

Posted Images

Day 16 done - this is by far the hardest drill I've done yet.  The reason being the transmet amputation on my left foot from the 2016 motorcycle wreck.  I have little to no lateral stability in my left foot as it is pretty much a duck foot triangle shape. I broke out the orthotic brace made for me to see if it would help.  All that to explain the wobble when I transitioned to the downswing/right foot back side of the drill.  Overall felt it in all the places Erik said you should....this will be a go to drill to build stability in the left side going forward.....

• Thanks 1
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Here is Day 14 Golf Drills, 

Here is Day 16 Golf Drills, 

Definitely I struggle more balancing on my left leg. Need to do this drill more often to get the strength and balance up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Day 16 done. Didn't get any video, it was windy as heck here today so I did this inside. I have actually done this drill before when I had a bad habit of swaying off the ball years ago, but I haven't done it in a long time. I tell you it was half drill and half workout!

Day 16

No video.  Was trying to record by the wind shifted my phone.

@iacas was right... it was a real core and glute workout.  Luckily, my recent physical therapy for my back prepared me somewhat for the burn.  I can see this as another good drill to help me improve my move.

Day 16

Tried this one in the yard but the ground is just too bumpy to have decent balance standing on one foot. Moved to the living room and did the two drills in three segments, while repeating day 15 “putt between the cups” drill after each to let muscles recover.

Both day 16 drills were good core/leg workouts, but the first one was a little more difficult. 

• Administrator

Day 17 – Double Noodle Drill

Are you ready to go skiing? Today’s drills talk about balance, stability, and keeping the pressure “between your feet.” Nearing the end of our discussion on weight, pressure, shifts, sways, torques… etc. we follow up the double-stork drill with the double-noodle drill. This drill, like Day 16, engages your ankles, core, and glutes, and teaches you to shift pressure while staying “within your stance” or “between your feet.”

It is important that you do these drills:

• Slowly – don’t swing fast. Move slowly so that you’re truly checking and testing your stability and so that you can feel what you’re doing.
  • On firm, flat ground – don’t throw a pool noodle down in a lumpy lawn. Put the noodle down on a firm, flat surface so your feet are above the ground an inch or two.

The drills for today:

• 2:00 – Take setup on noodles, swing 1′-2′ back and forth.
  • 3:00 – Backswings to A3 staying over the trail ankle.
  • 3:00 – Downswings just past impact, pressure to front ankle.

Video:

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I’m hoping for your Lab to start doing some of these drills!😀

She stands back with her ball and gradually brings it closer, before dropping it in my way, lol.  I take her out on the boat fishing and took her golfing a few times after the course closed where I used to live (small town).  She would run in the bush and bring out a few balls and drop them by the cart (bonus). I would leash her to my cart once we got close to the green. No dogs allowed where I live now, I wouldn't take her anyway, too busy.

• Thanks 1

Day 9 - Breaking Sticks

On Wednesday I got a strain or sprain with some pain doing this one.  Right on the inside of my right arm elbow area.  Did this while practicing so no video on this one.

Working on putting drills in the mean time.

This drill was pretty easy for me as I’ve done these for therapy work for my knees. I didn’t have pool noddles, so I used pipe insulation with my wedge grips inside. Same effect. Ay my old gym they had inflated disks that I did this drill on and squats, etc. I did these a couple of times, once filming.

• Like 3

Like boogielicious I also used pipe insulation, 

• iacas unfeatured this topic