IGNORED

COVID-19 Practice Plan Challenge - April 1-30 2020

Day 24. I’m really enjoying this style of pitching and I think I will use it a lot whenever we get back playing here. 

• Thanks 1
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've got an idea, and I'd like buy-in from a good number of people here. I'd like people to commit to doing this every day in April. Since we're all stuck inside (not all, and not literally insid

Day 1 - Early Backswing In the first day we examine the setup, grip, and the early backswing. Faults that we often see: Bad grips (palmy, weak) Bad setups (back flat, butt out, grip

Day 28:    

Posted Images

• Administrator

Day 25 - Sequencing Drills

Today I have two drills for you. One will help you sequence the backswing properly, keeping the arms relatively "in front of" the chest and carried along by the pivot. The second will help you sequence the backswing and the downswing, especially if you've heard that the lower body starts before the upper body, and you "spin out" of shots by letting the lower body get well ahead of the upper body.

Drills for today:

• 3:00 - Backswings with club in sternum
  • 1:00 - Rehearsal backswings with same feel
  • 3:00 - Swings with finger pointing out of chest
  • 1:00 - Rehearsal swings with same feel

Video:

• Thanks 1

4/25/20 - Day 25

THE BET - soooo, I made a bet last night with my 12yo after he challenged me to not use my phone for entertainment or games as he was not to play electronics to include his new VR game system. So, I am watching these videos and logging via computer, BUT as long as this challenge is "in play" I will not be submitting video. After investing 24 days into this "badge," it is my hope that my logging of the drills for this last week will be deemed sufficient to badge gods. If my son caves by later today or tomorrow, I will video and post as usual. I appreciate your understanding in this matter as I intend to show the younger generation that we have far superior will power than they do.

Today's drills complete - they go nicely with ym PP.

Day 25

This is my first pass at this drill but I'm going to spend a bit more time on it today.  1) I am most certainly someone who get the lower body going too early so I'm thankful for this bit; 2) It does feel like the swing plane decreases and maybe this is just in the drill but it's not something i need.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, metaswinger said:

Day 25

This is my first pass at this drill but I'm going to spend a bit more time on it today.  1) I am most certainly someone who get the lower body going too early so I'm thankful for this bit; 2) It does feel like the swing plane decreases and maybe this is just in the drill but it's not something i need.

Also starting to read this for the first time:

IMG_8704.jpg

Day 25 drill - this one hit home with me. I had just been re-reading about a variant of this drill in The Effortless Swing by Michael McTeigue - he calls it doing the lighthouse turn. I have a lot of work to do, these drills are giving me the tools to make those steps forward....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Day 25

Both of these drills felt very awkward, which I’ll take as a sign that I should keep using them. The grip-in-sternum was eye opening because I like to move my arms without turning fully, and it’s something I constantly have to work on. The index finger pointing from sternum drill and rehearsal swings made a noticable improvement in sequence of my downswing. Hit some balls afterward really thinking about a finger pointing out of my sternum and keeping that pointed at the butt of the grip, and was getting consistently solid contact and a good start line. 

• Administrator

Day 26 - Turn, Tilt, and Extend

Your body does three things during the backswing (and the downswing): it turns (or twists), it tilts, and it extends. Today, a simple, easy drill to help you feel this motion independent of the arms on the backswing and downswing into the follow-through.

Your Drills today:

• 3:00 - Backswing
  • 3:00 - Downswing/Follow-Through
  • 2:00 - Repeat the feels with a normal grip/setup

Video:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Day 26. Something I definitely need to work on is the follow through, my arms tend to fold up or chicken wing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Day 26 - Got this in just before the rain.

I think these were to be done both hands underhanded, and left hand down below the grip Scott. (I think that's your name)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• iacas unfeatured this topic