IGNORED

30-Day (Was COVID) Practice Plan Challenge - April 1-30 2020

Note: This thread is 750 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

35 minutes ago, billchao said:

Day 29:

I kind of hated the setup. Had to get my hands really deep to clear the stick in the backswing. I made it too long or something.

Same 

day 29

My “stick” was some wooden shish-kabobs Sticks taped together.  
I will find another way to do it. I think I would like this drill otherwise. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 28.  I like this drill as it really helps with showing exactly where my shoulder tilt is, as opposed to just thinking it is under my chin on the downswing especially.  I have been working on this but using this drill really makes you more aware so I will be doing more of this one going forward.  I also found it makes you rotate faster, to avoid hitting it fat

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 26 Video

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 29.  Found this drill a little awkward to address with the hands back. I used an old Tour Striker 56' wedge as I didn't want to make the hole bigger in the grips on my gamers, as I have sensors coming and I found it a little tough to make good contact.  Maybe we weren't supposed to hit balls with this drill ?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Day 29

Liked this one for the backswing feels. When things are out of whack for me I do all sorts of weird stuff with my hands and arms in the backswing which sets me up for a terrible downswing.

Downswing part wasn’t great - seemed like the stick hit my lead side too early.

Hit some balls afterward without the stick and backswing felt good, with no weird motion from hands and arms.

Had to go into the office today, so didn’t get to repeat day 28. Hoping to redo days 28 and 29 tomorrow morning.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• Administrator

Day 30 - Swing Mapping

This may be the most difficult drill of the 30+ drills I've given you. Today, we're going to make very, very slow swings, as evidence supports the idea that a swing which activates the muscles and neuropathways in the proper sequence gets myelinated just the same, regardless of speed, leading to future increases in performance, even if the swing is at slow speeds. How long of a swing can you make? And by "long" I'm not talking about distance, but TIME.

Drills for today:

• 1:00 - Two 30-second-long swings.
  • 0:30 - Fast swings with good form.
  • Repeat 4x more
  • 1:00 - Two 30-second-long driver swings.
  • 2:00 - Fast driver swings with good form.

Today's video:

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

I want Natalie’s swing

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

I want to thank @iacas and Natalie for their great instructional videos.   They have helped more than you know.   This thread game me something special to look forward to each day.   There are lesson here that will definitely help my game.

thank you guys so much,

Denny

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

I agree with @dennyjones on the value of this series of drills and I have definitely added them to my playlist...

24 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

I want to thank @iacas and Natalie for their great instructional videos.   They have helped more than you know.   This thread game me something special to look forward to each day.   There are lesson here that will definitely help my game.

thank you guys so much,

Denny

I agree with @woodzie264 that I would love to have a swing like Natalie...then again that's the purpose of these drills to have a much, much better swing...

1 hour ago, woodzie264 said:

I want Natalie’s swing

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Started Day 30 and man is 30 seconds a long time.  I did the "one thousand ____" counting method and the longest time I achieved was about 28 seconds.  I am going to post video - but it will be later as I need to be outside to capture the driver swing (not enough room in the shop and its pouring rain here in eastern NC).  Major lesson - slowing way down really allows me to focus on each facet of the swing "AND" recognizing the habitual swing faults I need to unlearn (like staying on the trail foot, not shifting weight forward, collapsing the lead arm)....many thanks Erik (and Natalie) for great lessons/drills over the past 30 days.... 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

(edited)

Day 30 COVID challenge - swing mapping

I have to say that doing this was tough as I had the tendency at first to watch the club head through it path rather than keeping my head steady. It also helped me see how my pattern is NOT to swing out as much as I’d like (which I already knew), but funny to see the tendency persist despite going through slowly. Each one lasted between 35-42secs.

With 8i:

Driver

As other have expressed, I really appreciate everything Erik has done this month (everyday really), as well as the moderators for all of their time commitment

I owe a great deal of my improvements over the years to Erik, the site moderators, and all of you who contribute. I would encourage all of you who agree to become a Supporter for the low gift of $35 via the “Store” page. These drills alone are well worth 10 times that. Not trying to guilt anyone, just felt led to to put that out there. 

Edited by woodzie264

-Jonny

I guess one way to think about it is in sections. A1/P1 - A10/P10. And each section/part of the swing allocate 3 seconds. Or does that make it too mechanical?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

I guess one way to think about it is in sections. A1/P1 - A10/P10. And each section/part of the swing allocate 3 seconds. Or does that make it too mechanical?

I don’t think it matters much. Just make the right motions. If it takes 15, honestly that’s fine. But strive for 30.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
5 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

I want Natalie’s swing

So would I. 🙂

4 hours ago, dennyjones said:

Thank you!

A few people PMed and asked, but I wanted to say there are three things you can do to say "thanks" for this.

To say thank you, please consider one or more of the following:

1. Just say thank you here in this topic, keep doing the drills you like or that suit your game, and keep posting here to let us know how your game is faring, which drills you continue to like or enjoy, etc. I appreciate hearing that I'm helping you to understand and enjoy the game even more.
  2. Consider buying or renewing a Supporter membership. You get some nice perks too, including greatly reduced advertisements and access to a private forum, longer post edit limits, etc. If you are already a Supporter, renewing extends your date by a year - so you can renew early and you'll get the full benefit of your $27-$36.
  3. Buy the Lowest Score Wins 4-Video Set. Normally $99 and on sale for $89, the topic linked to the left there has a coupon for $30 off as a TST member, so it can be yours for $59 currently.

Thank you, all, for being a part of this.

30day.svgThis Challenge includes the "badge" or "flag" you can see here to the left. The original post says that if you can do 28+ of the 30 days of drills, you will earn the badge and have completed the challenge. That still holds. If you only had time to do 20, or 10, you can do the others at any time. Future members who join in 2021 or whatever can do 28+ days, and post here, and earn the badge.

It's on your own honor. You can assign yourself the award: just go to the Challenges page and click the "New Award" button and give yourself the award. Write up a little sentence or two, save it, and you should be good to go!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Day 30 complete, it took me longer to do the slow swings because I had to take a break after each one to loosen up my back, it gets really tight and soar staying bent over that long.  Between my lower back and bad knee's, I sure picked a painful sport.

Thanks Erik for these drills, I will post later after I review my notes on the drills that have been helping me and list out my future drill package/practice plan.

Looking forward to getting back up to Jamestown one of these months/years (did I really say that) and maybe get a round in with you in Erie.

Gus
---------------

Thank you so much Erik and your super assistant Natalie. Really appreciated this practice plan. 

This was very hard to do slowly. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Note: This thread is 750 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!