Jump to content
IGNORED

COVID-19 Practice Plan Challenge - April 1-30 2020


Recommended Posts

On 4/30/2020 at 11:27 PM, Darkfrog said:

Day 30

Bummed this is over. It was nice to have some structured golf practice activities during the shelter in place.

do it again? 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've got an idea, and I'd like buy-in from a good number of people here. I'd like people to commit to doing this every day in April. Since we're all stuck inside (not all, and not literally insid

Day 1 - Early Backswing In the first day we examine the setup, grip, and the early backswing. Faults that we often see: Bad grips (palmy, weak) Bad setups (back flat, butt out, grip

Day 28:    

Posted Images

I am just starting these videos now. I have not picked up a club in two years. Lots of major life events got in the way. Which one of these video would help with the major problem I had that was trying to help the ball up and digging holes with the club? I am going to play in about two weeks and I want to be decent😁

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Administrator
1 hour ago, AbsoluteTruths said:

I am just starting these videos now. I have not picked up a club in two years. Lots of major life events got in the way. Which one of these video would help with the major problem I had that was trying to help the ball up and digging holes with the club? I am going to play in about two weeks and I want to be decent😁

They're not really organized that way. They're organized in a type of way where they just help you build a full swing. If you go through them, and some feel "weird" to you, then those might be good ones to focus on at first, but they're not really "have this problem? Do this!" type of videos.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • 1 month later...

I'm way late to the game but am loving this thread. Perfect timing since my swing has fallen apart again and I have been going back to basics to try to fix things. 

Great job. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On the drill for palmar flexion (no idea if I spelled that right or used the proper term) I am struggling with my wrists feeling too tight when I try to apply that move. Any tips on how to do that without tensing your wrists?  I feel like I am locking them up if that makes any sense. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

22 hours ago, iacas said:

Don’t tighten them? I mean, you can make that move and not, right?

Struggling with it but will keep working on it. Played today and I was a hot mess. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • 2 weeks later...

The palmar flex at the beginning of the down swing has been a great piece of advice.

I'm a 7 handicap and this was never told to me and I don't remember seeing it discussed much in online videos, yet it's essential to getting the down swing on the right plane.

I have been consciously palmar flexing once my back swing reaches its apex during my last 2 practice sessions----now getting more lag, consistent shots, and adding distance.

Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just looked at this thread, sorry for being so late to it.  I did Day 1 in my hotel room and really liked the drills.

It has been a very humbling year of golf having lost most of the last 2 years due to different injuries.  My index went from 8.4 to 19+ this year.  It will go back down, it time.  These videos will help

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
14 minutes ago, djake said:

I just looked at this thread, sorry for being so late to it.  I did Day 1 in my hotel room and really liked the drills.

It has been a very humbling year of golf having lost most of the last 2 years due to different injuries.  My index went from 8.4 to 19+ this year.  It will go back down, it time.  These videos will help

Take your time on them. They really help.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 8/5/2020 at 10:53 PM, Bigggmike1 said:

The palmar flex at the beginning of the down swing has been a great piece of advice.

I'm a 7 handicap and this was never told to me and I don't remember seeing it discussed much in online videos, yet it's essential to getting the down swing on the right plane.

I have been consciously palmar flexing once my back swing reaches its apex during my last 2 practice sessions----now getting more lag, consistent shots, and adding distance.

Thanks!

Welcome to TST.   We're glad you've decided to join.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just looked at this thread, sorry for being so late to it.  I did Day 1 in my hotel room and really liked the drills.

It has been a very humbling year of golf having lost most of the last 2 years due to different injuries.  My index went from 8.4 to 19+ this year.  It will go back down, it time.  These videos will help

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I utilized Day 1 & Day 2 lessons at the range today. I would hit a ball and then go thru the drills.  Overall it felt like positive progress was being made.  Looking forward to continuing this series

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • 2 weeks later...

I redid Day 3 and then added Day 4 drills today.  I am really trying to get my backswing consistent. 

Worked on this on the deck as I couldn't get to the range tonight.  

I did watch Day 23 pre & post shot routine and liked it.  Especially the post shot routine where Erik made the point of changing things on the course to quick after an undesirable shot.  I tend to make a correction to quick.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

BTW, if you do the practice plan and post at least a few of your videos here (there's no reason we can't keep this topic going), give yourself the award/badge, too.

Who is doing this 30-day stuff right now? Even if you did it in April and you're doing only a few of the drills that still apply to you, let's hear it? Let's see some more videos.

(It's helpful since it's been awhile if you link to the post with the video you're referring to, or link to the day at https://golfevolution.com/30-day-plan/, which will look like this for day 16: https://golfevolution.com/30-day-plan/#day16.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

44 minutes ago, iacas said:

BTW, if you do the practice plan and post at least a few of your videos here (there's no reason we can't keep this topic going), give yourself the award/badge, too.

Who is doing this 30-day stuff right now? Even if you did it in April and you're doing only a few of the drills that still apply to you, let's hear it? Let's see some more videos.

(It's helpful since it's been awhile if you link to the post with the video you're referring to, or link to the day at https://golfevolution.com/30-day-plan/, which will look like this for day 16: https://golfevolution.com/30-day-plan/#day16.)

Hi - love these drills. I doubt there's anyone out there at any level that can't find a priority piece in one of these.

I've been working on the shoulder-tilts, and to me, those are a game changer. I do that drill pretty much every day, even on the course before a shot I practice that movement sometimes before I hit. Helps a lot.

@iacas One thing I noticed on the Advanced Shoulder Tilt drill, is that when you took full practice swings, your torso and head appear to moving forward quite a bit as you rotate through. When I have this result in a swing on video, I often get contact issues and have to force myself to really "separate" my shoulders from my head immediately to make good contact. This keeps my head back, but often compromises my ability to get the weight fully forward on down swing. What is your feeling about "keeping the head back"? Is it only a problem for me because I likely have other swing faults? Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Administrator
32 minutes ago, chspeed said:

One thing I noticed on the Advanced Shoulder Tilt drill, is that when you took full practice swings, your torso and head appear to moving forward quite a bit as you rotate through.

Drills often exaggerate things so you can feel them more/better.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • iacas unfeatured this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • Support TST Affiliates

    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasfeb21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
  • Posts

    • Hello and welcome to TST. What one may gain from updating clubs can vastly vary. Club head technology has certainly improved with the ability to get the ball in the air and to be a bit more forgiving than older models. The shaft plays a very important role as well, maybe even more important which is why a fitting can be very beneficial. As far as expectations…hard to say. But at the very least you’ll know you’re optimizing one area of your game by having the best irons for you. Cheers.
    • Unless you have undergone swing changes I wouldn't expect any change at all.  The lofts might be stronger which could make you think you've gained distance when you haven't. 10 year old cavity back irons of good quality aren't much different from brand new ones. Your golf doesn't improve when you get new irons unless you were playing something with the wrong shaft or clubs with little or no built-in forgiveness.
    • That’s up to the respective governments to determine. Many countries only require proof of a negative test. 
    • I am sure that it wouldn't be mandated. I don't think one should be allowed to travel internationally without proof of vaccination.
    • I heard David in FL's pool hall will begin to require passport cards beginning on Monday...             😁
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. CathyKnarr
      CathyKnarr
      (28 years old)
    2. Club Greg
      Club Greg
      (58 years old)
    3. Cnich
      Cnich
      (31 years old)
    4. Douglas Reedy
      Douglas Reedy
      (40 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...