iacas

COVID-19 Practice Plan Challenge - April 1-30 2020

813 posts / 36972 viewsLast Reply

48 minutes ago, iacas said:

@billchao, elbow appears narrow on the reach-backs.

image.png

This is better, yes? I think I let the left arm get too much across my body the first time around.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, iacas said:

Guys, I have four more filmed - two full swing, two short game - but your feedback right now is critical. What do you like? What don't you like? What you say now will affect the remaining 23 videos I have yet to film.

I like having something to do that isn't the same practice stuff I was doing.  While I have my priority piece from my most recent evolvr lesson (which is quite a while back, my fault for not getting video when the range was open), I probably should be reviewing some other parts and spending some time on other things?  I might even be wrong on that.  I really should have checked in with Stephen well over a month ago.  

Either way, the variety is nice.  

I realize this might not be the most useful feedback, sorry.

In any case, I did the drills for today and have video of doing each twice (after the initial practice);  I'll process and upload that video later today.  About to join some co-workers for happy hour (virtually of course), and wanted to get the practice itself in before drinking. 

11 minutes ago, billchao said:

This is better, yes? I think I let the left arm get too much across my body the first time around.

You were, and yes, that's better.

28 minutes ago, coachjimsc said:

Rev B

Better.

2 minutes ago, Shindig said:

I realize this might not be the most useful feedback, sorry.

Thank you. It helps.

@iacas, my feedback thus far on this COVID challenge:

1. I love the drills. I’ve never had real lessons before so having these drills to work on things is awesome

2. I am simple-minded. Because I am voluntarily due to my child-like desire to earn a little badge, I have found out pretty quickly that while I am working on my priority piece, I now have three of swing thoughts going through my head which relate to the new drills given here. I fear I will overwhelm myself and get distracted from the more important parts (the parts you’d have me specifically work on) or just overwhelm my brain. This is, of course, no fault of the COVID challenge, but is more a product of my own inability to focus on my priority piece in isolation. 

3. I do think this thread will serve as a fantastic reference for me and others down the road as we (you) find other areas of own swing to address that we can look back on for these drills for those specific problem areas 

2 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

2. I am simple-minded. Because I am voluntarily due to my child-like desire to earn a little badge, I have found out pretty quickly that while I am working on my priority piece, I now have three of swing thoughts going through my head which relate to the new drills given here. I fear I will overwhelm myself and get distracted from the more important parts (the parts you’d have me specifically work on) or just overwhelm my brain. This is, of course, no fault of the COVID challenge, but is more a product of my own inability to focus on my priority piece in isolation. 

If you can:

• Do the drills.
  • Then forget about them and go back to working on your thing.

Do the drills in the middle of a practice session, as a break. Or do them at a completely different time.

I did all three drills today, but I wasn't able to record again.  I may try and record yesterday's, today's, and tomorrow's tomorrow morning, when there aren't four children running around and jumping on the trampoline.

Today's challenge was really critical for me because I have a tendency to allow my trail arm to fold well past 90° at the top of my backswing, as evidenced by the terrible video that I have attached.

Edited by iacas
embed the videos please

Day 3 challenge was a real one for me.  It took about 6 takes before I felt like I was even halfway close to the skills being asked to achieve.  Of course a couple of takes were "wind hampered" when the iPhone took a tumble off the sawhorse rest...

Erik  - in response to where to go next, I have no preference.  These are varied and are forcing me to really look at my mechanics, which I feel are sloppy at best.  Short game - long game, all are good topics for you to cover for this hack. 

okay second attempt at trying to post, I’ve never uploaded anything to YouTube before.

I have trouble with left-arm only swings due to a tear/tennis elbow ,hence the training aid. 

Okay looks like it up loaded how do I get the YouTube video in there?

I tried ‘ insert other media’ and pasted the link, neither worked. 
When I clicked on the link at the top it posted but obviously without the video only the link. 

Edited by iacas
deleted video

Okay, I did something worse in preparing today's video because I cut off my feet (fortunately, only in the video).

Ok completed the drills, video didn't turn out due to a change in location. Been a busy day today with jobs around the house.

Thanks I followed your instructions, before I found the return key on my iPhone it just appeared!

Edited by iacas
:(

Did the drills today. No video, again. Need to get my tripod back from my wife's school. These drills were actually a bit physically difficult for me, especially the first one. I guess I don't have a ton of shoulder strength, especially in the left shoulder. I might be the only one. But that was weird.

Day 3 complete. Whew!! That got my obliques sore..haha

24 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

I guess I don't have a ton of shoulder strength, especially in the left shoulder.

You aren't alone.  Arthritis