IGNORED

Pay a Compliment - What Do You Like about Other Members?

iacas

I'll use my initial post in this thread to send out a general thank you to ALL members of TST.  What I like about the members here is that I have been a member since June 2008 (I know, I do not post a lot) and no matter how many times work/life keeps me busy and prevents me from finding the time to visit this great community,  whenever I do have time, the TST community is always here because of the members (and @iacas) and I can just pick up where I left off.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Gus
---------------

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'll echo @David in FL's sentiment that you guys are like family to me. We may have our disagreements at times, but at the end of the day, you're still stuck with me 😜

Just some random thoughts about some members (not meant to be a comprehensive list, so don't feel bad if I didn't include you):

• @boogielicious, I like how his sense of humor is in line with mine. Also I'm pretty sure half of my community reputation comes directly from him.
  • @Vinsk is a great guy and not afraid to speak his mind, even if he may be wrong or find himself in a minority position. If I ever get into a fight on the golf course, he's the guy I'm running behind.
  • @David in FL is a great host and person to hang out and have a beer with. Or two. Or three. Shit where'd the time go, I gotta get back to my family.
  • @DaveP043 doesn't post a lot, but when he does, it's usually insightful. I appreciate his perspective.
  • @dennyjones is probably the most welcoming and positive person I have ever "met" on the internet.
  • @nevets88 is always pulling interesting things off the internet to share with everyone and I appreciate his willingness to try new golf courses and share that with me when we play golf together.
  • @iacas always manages to point out an argument or detail that I miss in discussions. It goes without saying that I appreciate the work he puts into this website and the golf knowledge he shares.
  • Like 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

On 3/29/2020 at 11:59 AM, GolfLug said:

Geez, how can I forget @Golfingdad! One of my best TST friends. Haven't seen much from him lately. Where are you man?

Thanks man!  I haven’t been playing golf much for one, and the other reason is I just kind of realized that wasting a bunch of time arguing with strangers on the internet isn’t all that fulfilling.

While I’m on this thread, the thing I admire most about other members are those who can keep from falling into that pit of arguing with others, those who have nothing but nice and helpful things to say, including but not limited to @mvmac, @GolfLug, @jamo, @billchao, @nevets88, @Shindig, and probably the king of kindness himself @DaveP043.

Again, that’s not an exhaustive list, but those are some great guys! 🙂

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I have to give some mad props (am I too old to use that phrase?) at @iacas

It's impossible to say how much I appreciate the work he's putting in for the "Covid-19 practice plan challenge..." thread. 

So far the drills have been fun, short, easy to perform, and jive perfectly with what my coach has worked with me on over the years. 

I truly appreciate the daily drills, brother. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

I noticed that it's been over 11 years since I joined TST. Time flies. My swing has improved quite a bit thanks to @iacas and @mvmac. I have put 0 effort in over the last few years and it shows.

I want to give a shout out to @David in FL for inviting me to his club. If I was still in Florida, I would probably be a member and get to take money from him on a regular basis. I really enjoyed playing the Ryder Cup style event with @Missouri Swede.

Here's to the Ohio crew: @mcanadiens@Jeremie Boop@saevel25 and others that I've played with.

I always enjoy TST outings. Hopefully when this virus is behind us, we can have a large outing somewhere.

Edited by CarlSpackler
Posted before I was done.

- Shane

I think it goes without saying, but I'd like to extend a big thank you to @iacas for creating and maintaining this site, and rolling out challenges to get us to really push ourselves to improve.

Also, a big thank you to @mvmac for going topless in swing... er, I mean posting swing videos and content as well.  I've learned a lot by watching his swing videos.

Edited by bwdial
  • Like 1

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

• Administrator
8 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

It's impossible to say how much I appreciate the work he's putting in for the "Covid-19 practice plan challenge..." thread. 

So far the drills have been fun, short, easy to perform, and jive perfectly with what my coach has worked with me on over the years. 

Thank you. I appreciate that you're doing them, along with many others. I like seeing the videos each day. Not every day is going to be a "winner," but I'm going to strive to just get everyone doing 5-10 minutes a day through April. And then… you can repeat them all in May. 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

7 minutes ago, iacas said:

Thank you. I appreciate that you're doing them, along with many others. I like seeing the videos each day. Not every day is going to be a "winner," but I'm going to strive to just get everyone doing 5-10 minutes a day through April. And then… you can repeat them all in May. 🙂

You've gotta add a day 31 for May though, lol

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Bonvivant said:

You've gotta add a day 31 for May though, lol

Why? Even God rested on the 7th day.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 minute ago, iacas said:

Why? Even God rested on the 7th day.

Lol, I'm not a believer in that kind of thing, but I am a believer that we all deserve some rest. Point taken.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/3/2020 at 4:46 AM, ChetlovesMer said:

I'm going to reitteriate my appreciation for all the work @iacas but into the 30 day COVID-19 practice plan challenge. I feel a little badly that I personally petered out around day 11-12. All of a sudden my life/job/world got really challenging. I still wanted him to know I appreciate it and would like to go through all 30 days whenever the my workload starts getting back to normal.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I played golf (sort of... mostly I knocked it sideways) with @Slice of Life and @Divot Master at the Erie event this past weekend and have to say it was an absolute pleasure. @Slice of Life brought a friend along who was a great guy as well. Not sure if he has a screen name or not. 

A special thanks to @Divot Master for continually finding my ball even when I hit in places where I was planning on just leaving it there. 

If anyone gets a chance to do one of the forum events I strongly encourage it. With any luck you may even get to hear one of the most anti-climactic stories about a half-eaten bagel in the history or stories about half eaten bagels. I heard it told by @GolfLug with an assist from @saevel25 and I will never forgot the absolute sense of indifference that filled my heart as the story limped to a prosaic conclusion. ... Just kidding. It's a great story.

Edited by ChetlovesMer
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

@boogieliciousfor liking my comedic posts. Nothing gets by that guy! 

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

4 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I played golf (sort of... mostly I knocked it sideways) with @Slice of Life and @Divot Master at the Erie event this past weekend and have to say it was an absolute pleasure. @Slice of Life brought a friend along who was a great guy as well. Not sure if he has a screen name or not. 

A special thanks to @Divot Master for continually finding my ball even when I hit in places where I was planning on just leaving it there. 

If anyone gets a chance to do one of the forum events I strongly encourage it. With any luck you may even get to hear one of the most anti-climactic stories about a half-eaten bagel in the history or stories about half eaten bagels. I heard it told by @GolfLug with an assist from @saevel25 and I will never forgot the absolute sense of indifference that filled my heart as the story limped to a prosaic conclusion. ... Just kidding. It's a great story.

Lol! Glad to provide a filler story in between  interesting sips of beer (or whatever version of pop).. 

BTW, appreciate you warning everyone about woes of turning 50... nose hair explosion and all. Lol.! Right around the corner for me so I got that to look forward to... 😆

• Thumbs Up 1

Vishal S.

I enjoyed the company of @Bonvivant as my cart mate on Sunday at Whispering Woods. His knowledge of golf history, sunny disposition, and positive attitude in the face of adversity was uplifting. 

He also had the chore of keeping me from breaking etiquette with where I happened to park the cart.  On one hole I made a last minute move to steer the cart so that the windshield blocked the near-gale force winds and sideways rain. @iacas did not like that as the tires were on the grass instead of asphalt.

Edited by Carl3