IGNORED

Will COVID-19 Permanently Change Cart Culture?

Bonvivant
Note: This thread is 1403 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Carts Post COVID-19  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Will COVID-19 Permanently Change Cart Culture?

• Yes
    • No

3 minutes ago, David in FL said:

It seems a bit arrogant to think that the way you or I enjoy the game is somehow better than the way someone else does.

You’re young.  Enjoy it while you can.  Some day you may find that riding allows you to continue to enjoy the game as you get a bit older.  People can love the game, whether they walk or ride...

Just sayin’...  ;-)

Fairly put. I like the UK's style of medical exemptions only for carts. 

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 minutes ago, Bonvivant said:

Fairly put. I like the UK's style of medical exemptions only for carts. 

Give it another 30 years.  Wait until you’re 62, live in Florida, and play 120+ rounds a year.  ;-)

I can play 36 holes in 90°+ riding.  I can’t do that very often walking any more, but I doubt that too many people would deem me medically unfit.

I enjoy seeing people enjoying the game, regardless of how they get from one shot to the next.  Well, as long as they get there quickly!   :-D

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• Administrator

I enjoy the heck out of walking. I also realize:

• Some places are just silly to walk.
  • Carts, even somewhat properly used, are faster than walking.
  • Carts let you carry more shit, including sunscreen, water/snacks, etc. (and I use a push cart when I walk)
  • Carts are better in dangerous weather as you can get in to the clubhouse much more quickly.
  • Carts let you skip around the course if necessary.
  • Carts give you some good personal time with your "cartner."
  • Carts keep you in the shade for a good bit of time.
  • You can still do a lot of walking if you like while in a cart, especially from your approach shot to the green, especially if you're a good player.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

42 minutes ago, iacas said:

• Carts let you carry more shit, including sunscreen, water/snacks, etc. (and I use a push cart when I walk)
  • Carts are better in dangerous weather as you can get in to the clubhouse much more quickly.
  • You can still do a lot of walking if you like while in a cart, especially from your approach shot to the green, especially if you're a good player.

One of the guys in our group, although he stores his clubs in the cart, walks after each shot and usually only rides between holes.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

2 hours ago, iacas said:

If I am reading that last point correctly doesn't that mean two "cartners" per cart?  Hit your approach, grab your putter and walk to the green.  Other guy drives the cart.

10 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

If I am reading that last point correctly doesn't that mean two "cartners" per cart?  Hit your approach, grab your putter and walk to the green.  Other guy drives the cart.

I think he means grabbing putter before hitting. That way other guy/gal can drive off before you even hit. They can get their setup/preshot started while you are hitting. You walk to green, they bring the cart. The issue with this method is if it's someone like me and say I have an 8 iron in, I'm liable to be still off the green, so I need to bring a putter, 53 degree, 58 degree (for tough bunker or short side),8 iron (for the approach shot), and probably a PW for potential bump and run. Pretty soon, the high capper that decides to have themselves dropped at his approach has half their bag at their feet because they don't know what is going to happen after the approach. A scratch or low capper "knows" where their ball is going so they can get away with this easier. 

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    

1 hour ago, Bonvivant said:

I think he means grabbing putter before hitting. That way other guy/gal can drive off before you even hit. They can get their setup/preshot started while you are hitting. You walk to green, they bring the cart. The issue with this method is if it's someone like me and say I have an 8 iron in, I'm liable to be still off the green, so I need to bring a putter, 53 degree, 58 degree (for tough bunker or short side),8 iron (for the approach shot), and probably a PW for potential bump and run. Pretty soon, the high capper that decides to have themselves dropped at his approach has half their bag at their feet because they don't know what is going to happen after the approach. A scratch or low capper "knows" where their ball is going so they can get away with this easier. 

Funny. After pulling five clubs I just pull the whole damn bag off the cart. Especially with cart path only.

Just now, Double Mocha Man said:

Funny. After pulling five clubs I just pull the whole damn bag off the cart. Especially with cart path only.

Exactly. Seems silly/slower for me to take a cart most of the time because of this. 

3 hours ago, iacas said:

• Carts get you back to the clubhouse quick when there's a lightning warning.
  • Carts make it easier to retrieve a club left behind.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

2 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

• Carts get you back to the clubhouse quick when there's a lightning warning.
  • Carts make it easier to retrieve a club left behind.

I actually have answers to these. The weather channel makes it easier to not get caught out on a course during a storm. And carts make it far easier to leave a club behind. The latter is a solution that creates the problem itself. 

1 minute ago, Bonvivant said:

I actually have answers to these. The weather channel makes it easier to not get caught out on a course during a storm. And carts make it far easier to leave a club behind. The latter is a solution that creates the problem itself. 

And when you quickly drive back in that thunderstorm to pick up that golf club you left behind make sure you  hold it up in the air and make sure it's  a 1 iron.

Riding in a cart will only lead to getting tasered in the nuts.

Playing golf using a cart means that you can carry a cooler, and in the cooler is Everclear. The Everclear is mixed with Redbull. After consuming a whole bottle by the 6th hole, you deem it necessary to run naked across the 6th green. Shortly thereafter, several sheriff's deputies who are not amused by your display of nudity commence to tasing you in the genitals while yelling " Stop resisting!" You are perp walked to the awaiting squad car where you "accidentally" hit your head as you are being thrown into the backseat. You are booked and charged with public drunk and disorderly, public nudity, and resisting without violence. The whole ordeal costs you several thousand dollars and community service, plus a lifetime ban from the golf course. So, to prevent nut tasering, always walk.

• Thumbs Up 1

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime X, :adidas: Tour360 22

42 minutes ago, snapfade said:

Playing golf using a cart means that you can carry a cooler, and in the cooler is Everclear. The Everclear is mixed with Redbull. After consuming a whole bottle by the 6th hole, you deem it necessary to run naked across the 6th green. Shortly thereafter, several sheriff's deputies who are not amused by your display of nudity commence to tasing you in the genitals while yelling " Stop resisting!" You are perp walked to the awaiting squad car where you "accidentally" hit your head as you are being thrown into the backseat. You are booked and charged with public drunk and disorderly, public nudity, and resisting without violence. The whole ordeal costs you several thousand dollars and community service, plus a lifetime ban from the golf course. So, to prevent nut tasering, always walk.

You make cart driving seem like a lot of fun!

38 minutes ago, snapfade said:

The Everclear is mixed with Redbull.

If that seems like a good idea to you, chances are you'll never actually make it to the golf course at all. That guy probably takes a wrong turn backing out of the driveway and gives his neighbor a start on a new picture window.

A good personal rule with the carts is the beverage holder rule. Every cart I've ever been in has spots for two beverages per side. Don't have more alcohol at one time than can fit in your allotted holders.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Yeah, but to be clear, I'm not talking about playing in the same cart under current conditions. I firmly support the "one player per cart" thing if you HAVE to ride in current conditions, or walking preferably.

Under regular conditions (say, hopefully next summer), @Bonvivant replied pretty well, so… what he said. Yeah, I usually grab my 8I, putter, and maybe a wedge, and walk to the green with two or three clubs.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

14 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

If that seems like a good idea to you, chances are you'll never actually make it to the golf course at all. That guy probably takes a wrong turn backing out of the driveway and gives his neighbor a start on a new picture window.

A good personal rule with the carts is the beverage holder rule. Every cart I've ever been in has spots for two beverages per side. Don't have more alcohol at one time than can fit in your allotted holders.

One of the 2 holders holds my rangefinder, when I ride in a cart, as rare as that is.  The other cupholder protects and cuddles my Italian Sports Drink.

16 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

f69527ef1629feeb434034be3f5d914a.jpg

• Like 1

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime X, :adidas: Tour360 22

All of these problems would go away if they would bring back caddies.

1 hour ago, snapfade said:

I find this post very shocking.

• Like 1

- Shane

Note: This thread is 1403 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!