IGNORED

14 Players DQ’d at Mini-Tour Event

Missouri Swede
Note: This thread is 1457 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Finally, something not related to COVID-19.

dq-outlaw.jpg

It's not every day you see 14 players disqualified in one event, but that's exactly what happened in an Outlaw Tour tournament on Monday.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

‘Hey...can someone explain why the card says 222yd and the tees are at the 204 plate? Just want to be sure before I tee off.’

Done.

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

The course was set up for the tournament, right? I would have teed off from where the tee markers were set up and just assumed someone made an error printing the scorecard.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

58 minutes ago, billchao said:

The course was set up for the tournament, right? I would have teed off from where the tee markers were set up and just assumed someone made an error printing the scorecard.

Right. This was essentially a repeat of what happened in a high school tournament a few years ago. The linked thread above generated some heated debate, but ultimately the consensus was that you have to play from the designated tee markers. The scorecard is not the end all be all. 

Wait...for a tournament like this, do they remove all the other tees? Or is there a special color tee that they use?

Colin P.

12 minutes ago, Big C said:

Right. This was essentially a repeat of what happened in a high school tournament a few years ago. The linked thread above generated some heated debate, but ultimately the consensus was that you have to play from the designated tee markers. The scorecard is not the end all be all. 

I'll be perfectly honest and say I probably wouldn't have paid enough attention to the scorecard yardage to have noticed a difference :whistle:

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

20 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Wait...for a tournament like this, do they remove all the other tees? Or is there a special color tee that they use?

Usually it's the latter. Every event that I have played in has had special "tournament tee markers" that are set up before the first group goes off. Since almost all amateur tournaments are bracketed by public play both before and after, it usually isn't practical to remove all other tees.

If they’re were more than one set of tees per hole that’s stupid for a mini-tour tournament. If they failed to tee off from an unmarked tee box then...wtf? Fix it.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

If they’re were more than one set of tees per hole that’s stupid for a mini-tour tournament. If they failed to tee off from an unmarked tee box then...wtf? Fix it.

There were. Because the public plays before and after them.

DQ was the right call.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• iacas changed the title to 14 Players DQ’d at Mini-Tour Event
1 hour ago, iacas said:

There were. Because the public plays before and after them.

DQ was the right call.

Can’t be that difficult to know what tees to use no? Especially if they noticed a discrepancy with the yardage. 

5 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Can’t be that difficult to know what tees to use no? Especially if they noticed a discrepancy with the yardage. 

No, it's a dumb mistake on the one group's part, then all the groups that followed.

If you're playing the tournament from the gold tees, you play from the gold tees. I'm not sure why these players put more weight onto the scorecard rather than the location of the tee markers.

Bill

My Swing Thread

2 minutes ago, billchao said:

No, it's a dumb mistake on the one group's part, then all the groups that followed.

If you're playing the tournament from the gold tees, you play from the gold tees. I'm not sure why these players put more weight onto the scorecard rather than the location of the tee markers.

Exactly. Can’t imagine walking to a tee with my ‘gold’ tees set up then ignoring them based on a score card yardage. 

Cynical response here: Only the first group should be DQed. Not only did they basically "set" the teebox at the incorrect spot, they were slow enough for people to be waiting on em. 

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Bonvivant said:

Cynical response here: Only the first group should be DQed. Not only did they basically "set" the teebox at the incorrect spot, they were slow enough for people to be waiting on em. 

That isn’t how the Rules work.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

12 hours ago, Bonvivant said:

‘Who’s more foolish; the fool or the fool who follows?’

Kenobi.

Note: This thread is 1457 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!