IGNORED

Tiger (and Manning) vs. Phil (and Brady) "Champions for Charity" Match Official!

boogielicious
Note:Β This thread is 1416 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

6 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Not sure about this really. I’m not saying I’d make an effort to not watch it, but I won’t necessarily make one to watch it...If that makes any sense.Β 
As much as I’m a Tiger fan and like to watch him play this isn’t the venue I’d choose. Tiger is the GOAT. Phil’s not really even close to Tiger in that capacity. No one is. No, Jack isn’t. I guess the trash talk can be fun? But it doesn’t have much bite when you’ve got one player so dominate over the other. The tail waggingΒ the dog gets old.

You avatar creeps me out.

But back to the topic...Β  I am dying to watch ANY sports on tv that is not a rerun.Β  Depending on the format, this may be interesting.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex:Β EZone BladesΒ (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron: Β 2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10 minutes ago, Yukari said:

You avatar creeps me out.

But back to the topic...Β  I am dying to watch ANY sports on tv that is not a rerun.Β  Depending on the format, this may be interesting.

Hopefully the announcers will realize we’re not there to hear them. Player to player or caddie to player....shut up. Last time was a mess.

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

12 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Hopefully Brady won't be walking into a stranger's home just off one of the fairways.

He leaves the Pats and he’s already lost.

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

14 hours ago, Shindig said:

your pro has to play the next hole alternate shot with Charles Barkley as their partner

Nobody wants to see that train wreck. 😳

• Like 1

- Shane

I’m gonna have to figure out a way to root for Phil and Manning...

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;Β  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;Β  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's; Β 56-14 F grind andΒ 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty CameronΒ Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

So who is better golfer between Manning and Brady?Β  Or will they be given handicaps?

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex:Β EZone BladesΒ (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron: Β 2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

• 2 weeks later...

Any official date set for this thing yet? It's been awfully quiet. I wonder if it'll even happen.Β 

- Mark

On 5/4/2020 at 9:47 AM, Braivo said:

Any official date set for this thing yet? It's been awfully quiet. I wonder if it'll even happen.Β 

I read that the match is going to take place on Memorial Weekend. Has anyone heard anything different?

-- Robert

In my bag:Β :ping:Β Β G400Β (10.5Β degrees)Β |Β :callaway:Β Diablo Edge 5 Wood |:callaway:Β X-HotΒ 3 Hybrid |Β spacer.pngΒ 4 - PW Hybrid D350 Combo |Β :vokey:SM4Β 50, SM5 58, SM6 54 & 56Β Wedges | :scotty_cameron:Β Studio Select Newport 2Β |Β :bushnell:Β Tour V4 Rangefinder |Β :bagboy:Defender Cart Bag

Β 

15 minutes ago, Herkimer said:

Is this happening?Β  If so, when is it and on what channel please?Β  I'm surprised I haven't heard anything about it.

First google search says TNT exclusive on May 14th. Didn’t say specificallyΒ when

• Thumbs Up 1

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach;Β Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI
Β 
TeamΒ :srixon:!

It was updated. May 24th at Medalist Golf Club, front 9 is fourball, back 9 is a modified alternate shot.Β 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach;Β Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI
Β 
TeamΒ :srixon:!

Yes!Β  An article about it just showed up on Google News.

Turner Sports has officially announced when and where The Match: Champions for Charity golf exhibitionβ€”which pitsΒ Tiger WoodsΒ and Peyton Manning againstΒ Phil MickelsonΒ andΒ Tom Bradyβ€”will take place.

Where:Β Medalist Golf Club in Hobe Sound, Florida

When:Β Sunday, May 24 at 3 p.m. ET

Watch:Β TNT, TBS, truTV and HLN

I can't wait.Β  These are 4 guys who hate to lose.Β  Should be a great match.Β  So this will be two Sundays in a row -- May 17th and May 24th -- with new golf matches to watch.Β Β 

On 4/1/2020 at 9:17 AM, phillyk said:

To me any live golf sounds good now. If I have to pay for it butΒ proceeds go to relief efforts, I’d say its a win-win. Lets hope they adjust the game plan a bit though.Β 

Β 

6 hours ago, Herkimer said:

Yes!Β  An article about it just showed up on Google News.

Turner Sports has officially announced when and where The Match: Champions for Charity golf exhibitionβ€”which pitsΒ Tiger WoodsΒ and Peyton Manning againstΒ Phil MickelsonΒ andΒ Tom Bradyβ€”will take place.

Where:Β Medalist Golf Club in Hobe Sound, Florida

When:Β Sunday, May 24 at 3 p.m. ET

Watch:Β TNT, TBS, truTV and HLN

I can't wait.Β  These are 4 guys who hate to lose.Β  Should be a great match.Β  So this will be two Sundays in a row -- May 17th and May 24th -- with new golf matches to watch.Β Β 

I'd like to see it, but with that lineup I won't. IΒ get none of those channels since I cut the cable and decided to no longer pay for television.Β 

• Like 1

• Administrator

Peyton is pretty funny here.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

42 minutes ago, iacas said:

Peyton is pretty funny here.

That was quite entertaining. I can't wait to see this (the match that is).

Edited by CarlSpackler
Clarification

- Shane

I am team Tiger/Payton all the way! Can't wait to see this match. I hope they have more discussion leading up the the match.Β 

-- Robert

In my bag:Β :ping:Β Β G400Β (10.5Β degrees)Β |Β :callaway:Β Diablo Edge 5 Wood |:callaway:Β X-HotΒ 3 Hybrid |Β spacer.pngΒ 4 - PW Hybrid D350 Combo |Β :vokey:SM4Β 50, SM5 58, SM6 54 & 56Β Wedges | :scotty_cameron:Β Studio Select Newport 2Β |Β :bushnell:Β Tour V4 Rangefinder |Β :bagboy:Defender Cart Bag

Β 

I'm really looking forward to the alternate shot part of it.Β 

Β 

• Thumbs Up 1

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3Β |Β 15ΒΊ 3-Wood: Ping G410 |Β 17ΒΊ 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 |Β 19ΒΊ 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo |Β 54ΒΊ SW, 60ΒΊ LW: Titleist Vokey SM8Β |Β Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note:Β This thread is 1416 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!