IGNORED

Is GAME Golf Officially Dead?

skywaterbanjo

9 hours ago, billchao said:

There are a couple, but not really any comprehensive comparison. Most people just buy one and stick with it.

I’m leaning towards ShotScope, but I can just as easily go rogue for the year and save $200. At this point I’m not going to learn anything about my game I don’t already know.

9 hours ago, iacas said:

When GG stops working, that's the way I'm going to go. None of the other systems really handle tagging the way I like. Especially ShotScope. And I don't like that most of the tags have batteries.

(Arccos, mostly.)

In the bike racing world we called it riding retro or naked when we went without odometers and heart rate monitor. Just you and the bike.

I’m bummed the GG is dying. I’ve got the classic and it’s worked fine so far this year.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I’m bummed the GG is dying. I’ve got the classic and it’s worked fine so far this year.

When was your last upload? This week?

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

4 minutes ago, StuM said:

When was your last upload? This week?

Last week.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Shindig said:

Are there alternatives or is the watch required?  I love wearing a watch in everyday life but I hate doing it when swinging a golf club.  I own a GPS watch, but I keep it on my cart (I have it primarily because my neighbor sold it to me for very little money when he upgraded). 

Do you have to wear the watch.

Also, let’s not wander too far off topic.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

17 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Last week.

Please post if it works next time you try. I may try it for today’s round but have no hopes.

Stuart M.

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

9 minutes ago, StuM said:

Please post if it works next time you try. I may try it for today’s round but have no hopes.

Ok, I’m playing tomorrow.

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

I wouldn't mind going back to some kind of tracking system (I used to have a GG), but I don't want one that requires a watch unless it's my Apple Watch. After my extended layoff from golf, I've started to just leave my watch on when I play and I like that it tracks things like my steps while I'm on the course.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

11 hours ago, Shindig said:

Are there alternatives or is the watch required?  I love wearing a watch in everyday life but I hate doing it when swinging a golf club.  I own a GPS watch, but I keep it on my cart (I have it primarily because my neighbor sold it to me for very little money when he upgraded). 

I don't think they have any alternative tagging option aside from the watch, but maybe they will develop one eventually.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

I tried uploading today's round (Tue. 4-6-21) from my Game Golf Classic (Oldest version) and it stopped @ 3/4 into the "Build".  I let it sit for a few hours and now it says there are no rounds on the device and it did not upload to my dashboard.  I was expecting as much.  If anyone else has luck please post.

FYI, they emailed me yesterday that they are still supporting LIVE and Pro and I saw a used "Live" version on ebay for $80.  Thinking about it.

Stuart M.

On 4/5/2021 at 9:41 PM, iacas said:

GG should have been a subscription to their data/stats from the start.

Honestly, if it was, I don’t think I would have kept using it for as long as I did. They didn’t do much with the stats over the years and there are enough quirks with it (like telling me I need to improve my approach shots when I hit my drive into the woods) that the value for game improvement isn’t there. It’s been more of a novelty for me for a while.

2 hours ago, StuM said:

FYI, they emailed me yesterday that they are still supporting LIVE and Pro and I saw a used "Live" version on ebay for $80.  Thinking about it.

People have been having issues uploading Live rounds, too, haven’t they?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

45 minutes ago, billchao said:

People have been having issues uploading Live rounds, too, haven’t they?

I think so, watching this thread to see if that gets resolved.  

Stuart M.

• Administrator
6 hours ago, billchao said:

Honestly, if it was, I don’t think I would have kept using it for as long as I did. They didn’t do much with the stats over the years

That would have been different if it drove the subscriptions is my point.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Hi,

i've been using Game Golf but switched to Arccos when I bought a new Cobra driver (with the built-in sensor) 1.5 years ago and there was an offer to get the Arccos sensors for just the shipping price.

I can confirm the issues with the Arccos sensors, that other people reported. A few of them didn't even work right out of the box, shot detection was not consistent and the app just drained my phones battery to the point I had to carry a battery pack to even use it for 18 holes. So I got rid of Arccos, too.

I'm seriously considering building my own shot detection app. Can't be that hard. You can get a pack of 10 small NFC tags for under 10 Euros. And I have a programming background so want to try to create an Android app, where you tag your clubs with your phone similar to game golf classic/live. No cloud bs, just collect data locally, so no dependency on any company providing servers. I just need to find the time😄

Edited by krischan09

5 hours ago, krischan09 said:

I'm seriously considering building my own shot detection app. Can't be that hard. You can get a pack of 10 small NFC tags for under 10 Euros. And I have a programming background so want to try to create an Android app, where you tag your clubs with your phone similar to game golf classic/live. No cloud bs, just collect data locally, so no dependency on any company providing servers. I just need to find the time

Go for it! Keep us all posted...

7 hours ago, krischan09 said:

Hi,

i've been using Game Golf but switched to Arccos when I bought a new Cobra driver (with the built-in sensor) 1.5 years ago and there was an offer to get the Arccos sensors for just the shipping price.

I can confirm the issues with the Arccos sensors, that other people reported. A few of them didn't even work right out of the box, shot detection was not consistent and the app just drained my phones battery to the point I had to carry a battery pack to even use it for 18 holes. So I got rid of Arccos, too.

I'm seriously considering building my own shot detection app. Can't be that hard. You can get a pack of 10 small NFC tags for under 10 Euros. And I have a programming background so want to try to create an Android app, where you tag your clubs with your phone similar to game golf classic/live. No cloud bs, just collect data locally, so no dependency on any company providing servers. I just need to find the time😄

You could start a thread and solicit our ideas on functionality and features.

Stuart M.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, StuM said:

You could start a thread and solicit our ideas on functionality and features.

If he wants to be banned, sure!