IGNORED

Is GAME Golf Officially Dead?

skywaterbanjo

16 minutes ago, iacas said:

If he wants to be banned, sure!

Sorry, did not realize that would be against the rules.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I played today and GG Classic worked. I was able to edit the round after on my iPad. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 minute ago, boogielicious said:

I played today and GG Classic worked. I was able to edit the round after on my iPad. 

Thanks for letting us know. I’ve got classic and was hoping to log some rounds. 

22 hours ago, billchao said:

People have been having issues uploading Live rounds, too, haven’t they?

Yes.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Are you serious ? This game is alive and thriving. The pandemic got people out to learn and play who had never said the word golf, lol. Tee times here in Delaware are hard to get any day of the week.

5 minutes ago, KDA said:

Are you serious ? This game is alive and thriving. The pandemic got people out to learn and play who had never said the word golf, lol. Tee times here in Delaware are hard to get any day of the week.

This is about the shot-tracking device called Game Golf, not the game of golf. 

Just tried to upload my round again. It's no longer on my device and not in my unsigned rounds, so it's gone.

I'm done.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

44 minutes ago, billchao said:

Just tried to upload my round again. It's no longer on my device and not in my unsigned rounds, so it's gone.

I'm done.

I'm experiencing the same.    I'm removing my tags today.   damn!

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

response from Game Golf via email:

from me:

Am I understanding that the transfer app from my Game Golf Live to my Windows 10 PC has been discontinued?

from them:

Yes, it will upload on mobile. Live was designed for mobile use.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• Administrator

Except it isn’t uploading via mobile either. 😛

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

I deleted the app and reinstalled it. My stuff still gets stuck at "processing."

I figure the rounds, despite them "uploading" every time I try and getting stuck at "processing," are borked.

• Thumbs Up 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

12 hours ago, iacas said:

I deleted the app and reinstalled it. My stuff still gets stuck at "processing."

I figure the rounds, despite them "uploading" every time I try and getting stuck at "processing," are borked.

Borked?😀 That’s a new one for me. I have Classic, but have not had to do a upload from my Mac. The rounds upload through the app. Maybe I’m missing something?

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Classic doesn’t connect via phone …?

1 minute ago, iacas said:

Classic doesn’t connect via phone …?

It does. But you can also connect to the computer. I’ve only done that once to download a firmware update a couple years back.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

It doesn’t have Bluetooth.

On 4/5/2021 at 2:10 AM, StuM said:

Re: Shot Scope: Do you need to have a cell phone in your pocket?  I really do not like much in my pocket while golfing which is one reason I have been sticking with the Game Golf Classic, but.....

Re: Is Game Gold Dead: It seems that it was about this time last year we had issues.  I wonder if they shut down for an extended vacation around Easter?  Just seems odd this thread started on April 1, 2020 and now here it is April 4, 2021 and the thread is getting attention again.

No it’s combined with a watch. But the watch also has gps and everything on it so I just replaced my Garmin watch with this one. 

On 4/5/2021 at 2:13 AM, iacas said:

ShotScope requires you to wear a watch on your left wrist, and though V3 is slimmer, it's still pretty big/clunky. And you have to wear it, as it "detects" in close proximity what club you hit when you hit it.

Anyway… has anyone contacted support?

By email, because obviously their support link is still dead.

While it’s not a small watch it is super light so if you are used to wear a watch while golfing (I used a garmin approach before) it’s no different.